[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>game refuses to acknowledge you have a save if it is in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

>game refuses to acknowledge you have a save if it is in the second slot memory card
fuck every game that does this
>>
only a problem 4 u emufag
>>
>>3913270
>having 2 memory cards
Wow arent we just mr moneybags
>>
memory cards were a mistake
>>
>>3913291
GEE, I SURE DO LOVE NOT BEING ABLE TO SAVE MY PROGRESS ON CD GAMES.
>>
File: cc.jpg (7KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
cc.jpg
7KB, 480x360px
>>3913293
>releasing games on CD
thank god the industry is moving back to cartridges and solid state
>>
>>3913291
>>3913293
Memory was still expensive enough that having an internal storage device wouldn't have been cost effective, right? It'd be neat if the Playstation or Dreamcast had had some sort of internal storage, but given the limitations of the time you would have been constantly playing favorites with what saves you wanted to keep or just transfer to an external card anyway.
>>
>>3913270
Is there any game that DOESN'T do this? I always swapped my memory cards to slot 1 because it never read in slot 2 anyway. In fact, I wondered what the point of the second slot was besides transfers
>>
>>3913305
>thank god the industry is moving back to cartridges and solid state

Only the Switch does, and it is a huge failure so far. The rest of the industry is moving to digital and cloud. A lot of games already don't get store releases (mostly the indie titles).
>>
>>3913542
>huge failure

How so?
>>
>>3913305
>>3913293
It's not like ROM chips had an way to store save data. They had to add battery backed RAM or use memory cards like the Neo Geo or N64.
>>
So was there a legitimate reason most games didn't pick up slot 2 or could devs just not be bothered programming it? Even in the PS2 era it still happened barring a few games.

>>3913543

This really isn't the board to delve into that. Even a cursory glance at /v/ could probably fill you in.
>>
>>3913285
99% of the games don't access the second memory-card slot
>>
File: nice.png (299KB, 600x594px) Image search: [Google]
nice.png
299KB, 600x594px
>mfw game says it is checking slot 2 on boot
>mfw after hitting load i can choose the second slot
>>
>>3913553
Many N64 games use EEPROM which requires no battery. However, I do agree that memory cards are better just because they're more versatile.
>>
>>3913638
>Even a cursory glance at /v/ could probably fill you in.

Yes because underaged kids screaming Nintencucks and falling for the shopped Galaxy S7 image is really going to be so insightful.
>>
>>3913542
None of what you said is true. Like not even remotely trying levels of lies.

Indie has tried and failed at physical multiple times, with exceptions of the biggest and best titles.

Switch is constantly sold out, even with buyers knowing the thing is cheaply made with shit like a plastic screen.

MS and Sony both won't go full digital for obvious reasons, or maybe you are too young to remember when MS tried it in 2013 and people flipped.
>>
>>3913285
quite on the contrary, only a problem for people who play on the original hardware
>>
>>3913521
harry potter on the ps1 read both memory cards. MGS too etc
>>
>>3913638
It's cartridges simply aren't a huge failure. I don't need children on another board to confirm anything. Nice cop-out answer though
>>
>>3913750

Well it's obviously nothing concrete but it's enough to gauge what kind of reception it's receiving by-and-large. If Nintendo can't get casuals on-board again those underaged kids are the target demo.
>>
>>3913790
Megaman legends 1 and 2
>>
>>3913306

Saturn has internal saves.
>>
>>3913305
>handhelds
>literally 1% of the market
>the whole industry
>>
>>3913995
>nintendo is doomed
>2017

Nintendo will die. But not in your lifetime.
>>
I thought games let you pick which memory card slot to read from?
>>
File: 176.jpg (27KB, 379x568px) Image search: [Google]
176.jpg
27KB, 379x568px
>>3913270
>mfw I play all my PS1 games on my PS2 where slot 2 is dedicated to my FMCB card
Having to swap between my PS2 and PS1 memory cards gets annoying though, why couldn't PS2 memory cards hold PS1 saves?
>>
>>3914184
sony introduced magic gate encryption with the ps2 memory cards, probably has something to do with that.
>>
>>3914184
So you buy new ones
>>
>>3914042
WipeOut XL, jet Moto 2 and driver 2
>>
>>3913291
Hard drives were a mistake.
>>
>>3913543
Because /v/ says so.
>>
>>3914184
>why couldn't PS2 memory cards hold PS1 saves?
I believe they can, but they can't be loaded from by PS1 games.
>>
>>3914046
So did Sega CD. They both had enough space for a few games.
I think the Saturn could hold one save of Dragonforce because it takes up 350 of 500 blocks.
>>
are any of those mega mem cards for ps1 that are like 8 cards in one reliable?
i remember using a generic memory card for blood omen and it caused the game to crash so i only use first party now and they are so damn small
>>
File: Dexdrive.jpg (195KB, 978x759px) Image search: [Google]
Dexdrive.jpg
195KB, 978x759px
>>3914915
just get a dexdrive, then you can backup all your saves to pc so it doesn't matter if they die.
>>
>>3914915
There's copy function if you boot PS1 without a disc.
>>
>>3914046
So did the 3DO. I was absolutely shocked when I learned this.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (223KB, 3000x1839px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
223KB, 3000x1839px
>>3914936
i use one of these. the drivers are a bit hard to track down but hey, it works
>>
>>3914184
ps1 games can't access ps2-MCs due to magicgate-DRM.
>FMCB
muh nyukka
>>
>>3914915
>not backing up ps1/ps2-saves to USB using uLaunchELF
pleb
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.