[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nintendo Comics System

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: 01.jpg (176KB, 662x970px) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
176KB, 662x970px
Anyone around here into old Nintendo books and comics? Really liked these when I was a kid even though they're pretty goofy and dumb.

Anyway, took some time the other day to scan in Super Mario Bros. No. 1 - always loved the cover art on this one. This is literally the first thing I have ever scanned so hopefully it's not ass. I didn't do any post-processing but I did upload a light pdf and the original pages as png if anyone is interested.

pdf (4MB) - https://mega.nz/#!8eYyVKZY!KEi7L_1jhsIJXHybiwC59gWkfhAXQksPGrh_PdYDs2A

png (1.73GB) - https://mega.nz/#!NSYwCIya!Wpt455biR7ePBWObyzN6iTbBqg6quuR1E49D-fri4XE

My copy is pretty clean but not pristine. Still, there are some blemishes in the art itself probably due to the age and budget and stuff so this is a pretty good representation of how a new copy of this looked. All of the panel outlines are hand-drawn lines and the boxes themselves are not always straight or aligned to the page borders making some of the panels appear slightly crooked on the page. The colors themselves must have been printed in different phases because they don't always totally align which makes some of the art look a little weird. You wouldn't notice this unless you zoomed-in pretty far, though, so it's not like the book is unreadable. It is clearly a product of it's time.

I have a sizable collection of comics and books which I would like to scan for my own collection and I'll share if there's interest. Just trying to give back something here - I'm always digitally hoarding this shit myself when I find it.
>>
File: 300px-BestofSMB.jpg (73KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
300px-BestofSMB.jpg
73KB, 300x400px
I remember getting this from Toys R Us. I must've read it thousands of times to the point of memorization. Even my cousins were obsessed with it,
>>
I kinda remember being intrigued (bothered? scared?) by how Mario was left alone at the end of the Bedtime for Drain-head comic.

I had to look up the name of the comic but couldn't immediately find scans to share the scene. It is on Vimeo in the forum of a narrated comic, though.
>>
File: Z0077234.jpg (68KB, 358x480px) Image search: [Google]
Z0077234.jpg
68KB, 358x480px
I only have this activity book
>>
>>3912905
My bro and I found a couple issues of Valiant's Legend of Zelda series in a clearance magazine table at Target back in the mid-90s. We reread those comics over and over again, and probably had an easier time understanding how the Triforce was split between Ganon Zelda and Link in OoT because of it.
>>
i have this somewhere in my old room at my parents room

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ9QM7iAmlw
>>
>>3916260
parent's house*

fuck i've been reading doing econ shit all day day and my brain is fried. all i want to do is play dqvii instead.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.