[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Accessories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: snes-to-md.jpg (211KB, 1182x993px) Image search: [Google]
snes-to-md.jpg
211KB, 1182x993px
What are some absolute MUST have accessories for retro games?
>>
dreamcast green goblin
>>
>>3912456
Not that. I guess it's great if you have a SNES controller fetish but it's absolutely not a must have. A must have would be decent arcade sticks or a decent one with adapters.
I think most people would consider flash carts a must have. Certainly a CD for a TG/PCE.

>>3912458
It's probably the best DC specific stick but it's not a great stick. Personally I use a 0130 and a pair of TC3s.
>>
Memory cards
N64 expansion pack

Everything else is optional.
>>
Action Replay Plus for SEGA Saturn
Memory cards and VMUs count as accessories in my opinion.
>>
>>3912456

Like >>3913634 said An arcade stick with genuine parts (seimitsu sanwa depend on what you play the most) is a must have.

I don't care about SD cards.

Snes controllers are just nostalgia. If you search polyvalence on a pad. Grab a 6 front buttons controllers. They are better for 2D games.

If you play 3D too there is some controllers with 6 buttons 4 triggers and Dual sticks. don't know how is the building quality but they should do the work I think.

If in Europe. a scrat switch is a must for cables management and more easily switching consoles.
I personally use Bandridge SVB7735 with manual switch cause some consoles don't have the auto on features. As a family man I also use an amp with bluetooth and jack output to connect my headphone if needed.

Also this >>3913662 if you have them.
>>
Yuk
>>
>>3913678
>Snes controllers are just nostalgia. If you search polyvalence on a pad. Grab a 6 front buttons controllers. They are better for 2D games.
I though the same thing until I played World of Illusion on Genesis. 6 front buttons controllers aren't very good for games that use run buttons.
>>
>>3913694
Iike I said it for polyvalence I will not change it for a couple of games.
>>
File: MCR_5253.jpg (142KB, 690x457px)
MCR_5253.jpg
142KB, 690x457px
If you are a Bomberman fan and isn't socially awkward, you need this.

>>3913702
Personally, I think both controllers have their ups and downs.

Your platformer or run 'n gun has a third button for an alternative action? Use the SNES controller. Do you want a better combination for arcade games? Use 6 front button controllers.

[spoilers]Dualshock 2 is the ultimate controller imo. It's a swiss knife for many kinds of games.[/spoiler]
>>
Controller(s), tv, console, games.

Thats it. Play some games, if you have friends that are into gaming, invite them over.

Just have fun dude, you dont need a bunch of fancy stuff
>>
>>3913735
Goddamn I love Hudsonsoft and I love japan!
>>
File: evoluffy0[1].jpg (32KB, 500x600px)
evoluffy0[1].jpg
32KB, 500x600px
As I had hoped, this thread appears to be turning into a 4 face button vs 6 face button controller debate. I used to firmly say that anyone who willingly plays a Capcom fighting game with a 4 face button controller is an idiot but then in 2014 pic related happened and now I don't know what to believe. I personally prefer Genesis controllers though.
>>
>>3912456
Money.
>>
>>3912456
>pic not related
>>
>>3913863
May as well just emulate if all you're going to do is play casually on an LCD
>>
>>3914209
You pic the tv appropriate for the system. If crts were the norm when the system came out, use one. It was mostly just a blanket statement for playing video games. We get so caught up in the hobby of collecting and getting the perfect set up sometimes. The real point is to just enjoy playing some quality video games bro
>>
Controllers (yes, they're accessories, especially with used consoles being often console-only).
S-Video/YpBpR/RGB cables, anything to upgrade from composite or RF.
If it's a Genesis with all the add-ons, one of those Sega Trio AC adapters.
Memory Cards
RAM cartridges for the Saturn and N64

That's really it.
>>
A converter to play NES games on Famicom or vice versa.

A converter to use NES/SNES/PS1 pads on PC for emulation.
>>
>>3912456
>replacing the best controller of all time with the worst controller of all time
>>
Buy official shit. You're old enough, and they're cheap enough, to replace every bit of third-party kit you;ve got.

Only suitable exceptions are N64 rumble packs that don't require batteries.
>>
>>3915137
>Sega Trio AC adapters
Overpriced meme shit. There are much better alternatives.
>>
>>3915191
such as?
>>
>>3916394
https://en.retrogamesupply.com/collections/sega/products/power-supply-all-in-one-for-sega-megadrive-genesis-mega-cd-32x
>>
>>3916394
Nearly anything champ. Google can be your friend.
>>
>>3915138
>muh anyess
Fuck off, yank.
>>
>>3912456
8Bitdo
>>
>>3913965
What happened??
>>
File: 1398580584185.jpg (23KB, 371x288px) Image search: [Google]
1398580584185.jpg
23KB, 371x288px
>>3916394
Just get the official option instead of that bootleg shit
>>
File: nintendowii.gif (32KB, 440x330px) Image search: [Google]
nintendowii.gif
32KB, 440x330px
>>3912456
>must have accessories
>>
>>3922887
Which console does that hook up to?
>>
I have a front loading NES, there's some famicom adapters on ebay that say they don't work with that NES but all others. Is that just because the plastic physically won't fit (and I just have to decase it?) or do I have to get one that looks like a PCB (but is more expensive)?
>>
>>3922913
Sell your NES to some hipster and buy a real Famicom.
>>
>>3922913
Bare PCB adapters are a pain in the ass to actually use with a front-loader.
>>3922939 is right, Famicoms are like $30.
>>
>>3922941
My AV Famicom was like 70$ even without any accessories at all, but any Famicom is better than a frontloading NES.
>>
>>3922939
>>3922941
Yeah but the adapter is $7 and I found a 400 in 1 famicom cart that has all the games I want on bg for ~$6.
>>
>>3922961
All I'm saying is it will be a pain in the ass to get seated inside your toaster. I did it when I got into Famicom like 10 years ago, and quickly learned it's the worst way to play Famicom games. You could also just get an NES version of the multicart on AliExpress and not need the adapter.
>>
>>3922971
I'm ok with the difficulties, it'll stay in there. I wanted the famicom multicart because it has some famicom games that aren't on the NES multicart.
>>
>>3922987
You can probably get the exact same multicart in a 72-pin version is what I'm getting at. They're all a mishmash of different region games.
>>
>>3922992
You're right, thank you! Found the same games for $14 in an NES cart.
>>
>>3923038
Perfect, if you just want that one cart, it'll be worth the extra few bucks. What they usually do is bundle a FC to NES adapter inside an NES cart shell. So you're probably getting an adapter in there anyway.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.