[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /vr/, I own a Model 1 Genesis but was wondering if I should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (52KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
52KB, 1280x720px
Hey /vr/, I own a Model 1 Genesis but was wondering if I should invest in a Model 2 instead?
My main reason is that I recently readup on the huge differences in Genesis sound quality, and I have a lesser sounding Model 1. Is the model 2 better?
Also, I can use a Model 2 SCD without the extension and that's appealing as well
>>
http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?7796-GUIDE-Telling-apart-good-Genesis-1s-and-Genesis-2s-from-bad-ones

This should do it.
>>
The Model 2 does not have better sound. If you want the best sound, you'll need to find an appropriate Model 1.
>>
Not OP but is there any way you can mod the Model 2 for better sound? I love my Model 1 but I prefer the design of the model 2.
>>
>>3911945
I can't think of the name off the top of my head, but yes, there's a modkit you can buy with the expressed purpose of getting a model 2 to sound like a good model 1. If you can solder, it's definitely worth it.
>>
All model 2s have pretty bad jailbar issues. Yes, even the VA4.

Just get any non-VA7 model 1 and use that as a basis (stereo mod, RGB byoass etc etc)
>>
>>3911826
I used a model 1 with a Sega CD model 2 and nothing bad happened.
In fact it actually took up less space on the desk.

The only thing is you need to patch a Stereo cable from the Genesis headphone jack to the Sega CD. The plus side is this lets you control the sound effects. In games like Sonic CD the jumping and other sounds were to loud so I can turn them down to hear the CD tracks more.
>>3911945
It's possible if you get the right version of the model to mod, I have one with stereo sound mod, the good video chip, and S-Video+RCA mod.
>>
>>3912492
>All model 2s have pretty bad jailbar issues.

No, you got it backwards, it's the model 1s that have jailbars and the model 2s that don't. You can fix it by removing one of the caps though.
>>
>>3911826
they're both good. dont worry about it.
doubt any difference would affect your experience anyway.

model 1 is more durable
>>
>>3911826

My megadrive 1: jap, no ® after the SEGA logo, sounds clear and powerful, tight basses, has no jailbars, extremely clear picture.

My mega drive 2 jap: Sounds a little thinner, less bassy, but the overall sound isn't too bad, you just notice it in comparison to a model 1.
The picture is less clear, again no jailbars, and the colors are slightly more vibrant compared to the model 1.

So i say... get them both!!
>>
>>3911826
Dude I have a Model 2 Genesis but want a Model 1, we should totally trade them or some shit.
>>
>>3911826
Should have got a better sounding model 1 to begin with.
A model 2 CD works fine with a model 1 console without the extension. The only issue you'd have is if your an autist who lost part of your toy.

>>3912683
You can mod a model 1 Genesis to output sound on the expansion port like the model 2 does so you don't need the patch cable with a model 2 CD. You can take the signals from after the volume slider to get the same control over console audio volume.
>>
>>3912687
How many Model 1s and 2s do you own and play on an unfiltered display? 5 each for me.

The RGB lines from the VDP to the CXA1645 encoder chip pass right by the VRAM and pick up interference on the way. It's there on Model 1s but much much much worse on Model 2s, even when outputting RGB. The only practical way to fix it is with an offboard bypass encoder running straight off the VDP and avoiding that problem area on the mainboard.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.