[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sonic Jam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: download (24).jpg (21KB, 180x281px) Image search: [Google]
download (24).jpg
21KB, 180x281px
Don't know much about this game as it is not talked about very often. Is it good or bad?
>>
It's just a compilation disk with a neat 3d hub.
>>
>>3911703
It's a poor compilation. The extra content was nice for its time, but there's nothing there you couldn't find today on the net.
>>
Fucks up the sound effects in S3&K and adds more slowdowns to Sonic 2. Not recommended.
>>
It's neat, probably not a novelty anymore now that there's a million collections out there, but for example the Genesis collection on PS3 doesn't include Sonic 3 and Knuckles as one game.
The games are actual ports to the Saturn hardware, not emulation, which has its pros and cons. As already said Sonic 2 lags a bit more than the original (not game breaking though) and the sound streams from the CD, so sometimes the tracks have to re-load (like when you pick up speed up shoes), but on the good side the fact they're ports allow for some extra tweaks like spindash option in Sonic 1, and redesigned levels in "normal" mode (they just make the games easier by adding a few more platforms in tricky parts, like the underwater section of Chemical Plant, for example).
Another cool thing is that Sonic 1 is the japanese version, meaning that the clouds on the background have that cool parallax animation that's lacking from the western versions.
Probably my favorite thing about Sonic Jam is the time attack modes. You can select any zone of any of the games (provided you beat them first) and try to beat your top 3 time records. Nowadays it's the only way I go back to play Sonic games, I can select any level I feel like playing and try to beat my old times.
Of course it also has the lock-on feature on S&K for Sonic 2 and also allows you to play the Blue Sphere game if you lock Sonic 1.
>>
>>3911815
its also my default way of replaying sonic.
>>
>>3911703
i didn't really like it at the time, but its great now.
also the games were ported and not emulated iirc
normal mode changes some object layouts. like mystic cave zone's spike pit as a spring in it.
easy mode skips some acts entirely and its very strange.

time trial mode is amazing and copies sonic cd's. its the reason this collection is still worth playing today
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRl460HO9n4

It has this smooth bossa nova arrangement of the save file screen of Sonic 3.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.