[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Super Smash Overload.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 12

File: Smash 64.jpg (151KB, 740x774px) Image search: [Google]
Smash 64.jpg
151KB, 740x774px
Damn, this looks like a very interesting mod.
According to them it's going to work on the original N64.
It will include 12 new characters, 8 new stages and 25 new items.

Are you going to support them?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O_4rgu9uHw
>>
>>3909934
The new characters are Banjo, Conker, Goemon, Rayman and I think that Bomberman too.
>>
File: 1427576701736.jpg (120KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1427576701736.jpg
120KB, 640x480px
I approve of Goemon
>>
Not a huge Smash fan but I'm all in for Goemon
>>
>>3909934
It's a massive texture mod with a few horribly animated custom moves thrown in.

I'd definitely play it still, but a $10,000 Kickstarter goal? This isn't happening. Also I'm pretty sure Patreon is a better place for projects that use copyrighted content. Also, Patreon would allow more flexibility with that $10,000. Wouldn't type all this out, but given how few views are on the video, I have to assume someone on the project will read this,
>>
>kickstarter
are they stupid
>>
>>3909934
This isn't legal, right? I mean, they can't formally accept money for this kind of thing, can they?
>>
>paying for a romhack
I don't use this term often, but that's top fucking cuck.

There's two options: they either know how to do this and are money grubbing, or they're hoping they'll figure it out but they won't or it'll be c&d'd
>>
File: cuckstarter.png (484KB, 851x383px) Image search: [Google]
cuckstarter.png
484KB, 851x383px
>>3909970
>Please support our project, amigo.
>>
>>3909934

>According to them it's going to work on the original N64.

Thank fucking Christ, so sick of every hack on this console being emulator-only. I long for the day we can just throw Project64 in the trash. Sounds like it would make Smash even better to bust out at parties though, if they can pull it off as described.
>>
File: 1474231751465s.jpg (3KB, 125x120px) Image search: [Google]
1474231751465s.jpg
3KB, 125x120px
>that banjo
>>
>>3910006

Actually just read that he wants $10,000...LOL. I'm pretty sure this is a scam, probably used the available N64 tools to put together enough shit to fit in 4 second segments of a trailer, and hasn't figured out how to actually make it work. Forget I said anything, fuck this guy.
>>
>>3909934
>Are you going to support them?

You mean, am I going to pay for a ROM hack? Fuck no.

It looks like they're just shoving in existing character models they ripped directly from other N64 games, and giving them movesets, probably based on the game's existing moves. (i.e. The characters are probably going to be reskins of other fighters.) This hardly sounds like a feat.

>real hardware support
Gee, you think? Virtually any ROM hack is going to support real hardware if you're putting it on a Flash cart.
>>
File: 1416761738428.jpg (84KB, 576x636px) Image search: [Google]
1416761738428.jpg
84KB, 576x636px
People do this shit because they think it's cool, you don't ask money for it.
>>
>angry spic brothers deleting negative comments
>>
This is fucking bullshit and it definitely won't hit the competitive scene.

I'd still take dreamland only against hordes of pikas and kirbys over this scam.
>>
>>3909971
this. if nintendo is gonna C&D free fan projects like AM2R there's no way they'll let this slide.
>>
>>3909971
yeah def legal and likely even more risky than making a public nintendo fan project because a) they're taking money b) they're using other company's ip's.

Looks fun and I hope it works on everdrive but i dont think it will succeed. hope it does.
>>
>>3909934
Yeeeeeeeeey its another shitty skin hack that just replaces the skins but does not make actual different animations, programming, and hitboxes.
>>
>>3909971
If the cemu wii u emulator people are making a lot of money maybe you can do the same with a patch of this game. But i think the goal with the 10.000 is waaaay too much.

Also this game must be a pain in the ass to hack. Like every n64 game.
I've heard that the smash 64 scene has been trying for years to add new characters but they couldn't because the code of the game is very dense or something. So this mod is kind of surprising for a lot of people.
>>
File: problematic.jpg (61KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
problematic.jpg
61KB, 1920x1080px
>>3909949 here.
I didn't read it was a fucking ks.
Fuck them and fuck for using Goemon as bait.
>>
>>3909934
I'd be a liar if I said this wasn't interesting, although it's a shame its a fucking kickstarter.
>>
>>3909934

>that voice over out of fucking nowhere describing how to select the original characters

Also, do these kinds of things typically do well on Kickstarter? For some reason I thought of KS as being more for original projects and not fan works.
>>
I for one are glad the creators were able to maintain the 12 original players in their roster!
>>
as neat as it is to add new characters/stages, adding new animations and special moves is going to be very hard to get right.
anyone can import a model and throw it over a current character.
>>
>>3910697
>do these kinds of things typically do well on Kickstarter?
They get fucking C&D'd.
>>
>kickstarter
>for a smash mod

People have already done the work necessary and added most, if not all, of these characters into later Smash games.
Assuming Smash 64 is at all similar in its file structure, this would be an afternoon's worth of effort since all of these characters already have N64 models and skeletons.

Clearly, Kickstarter was a mistake.
I hope Nintendo gets on these people.
>>
In before C&D and the resulting fanboy outrage at it
>>
>>3909934
>Doemon = Fast Mario
>Banjo = Mario with better air
>Rayman = Mario with longer range
>Conckers = Donkey Kong but smaller.

And I have seen there bomberman WIP, guess what it is, its another fucking mario clone.
>>
>>3910823
There really is not reason to even make this on the N64. They could just make a custom brawl hack to accomplish the same thing, and have it very easy to run on PC or an actual console.
>They can mod a custom physics engine.
>They can hack in low polygon models and stages
>Tools exist to make hacking even easier.
>>
>>3909934
>paying for mods
Hohoh
No
>>
>>3910016
>Gee, you think? Virtually any ROM hack is going to support real hardware if you're putting it on a Flash cart.

Not really. In theory it should be true, but most all romhacks are tested on pj64, which is shitty HLE emulation, so loads of romhacks only work on pj64.
>>
>>3910667

in your defense, that keyboard girl is really cute
>>
>>3910697
>that voice over out of fucking nowhere describing how to select the original characters

Haha yeah that was amazingly clumsy. The dude's grating voice just popping in without introduction to answer a question that no one would have asked... not a sign of high professionalism.
>>
File: skg.jpg (54KB, 568x447px) Image search: [Google]
skg.jpg
54KB, 568x447px
>>3911380
I know
>>
>>3910456
emulating hardware is completely legal, its only the roms/isos themselves that aren't
plus they're not charging for the emulator itself, they're just accepting donations
>>
>>3911382

It's a trademark of pretty much all scam kickstarters, if you've ever seen any of Retsupurae's Kickstarter Nonstarter videos a massive amount have either a jarring random voice-over, a barely relevant clip, a huge volume spike, webcam quality footage, you name it. It's what happens when people with zero production skills or money try to sell you on something via video.
>>
File: robotnikshiggy.png (170KB, 371x371px) Image search: [Google]
robotnikshiggy.png
170KB, 371x371px
>>3909934
>crowdfunding a romhack
>>
>>3913194
This is a dangerous and a saddening trend
>>
File: shot0027.png (2MB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
shot0027.png
2MB, 960x720px
>>3909934
Why the fuck would I pay for a romhack/mod, especially one that just changes the skins? Also,
>Implying this won't get C&D'd by Nintendo in three days
>>
>>3914843
Mary is cute!
>>
>kickstarting a romhack

Who the fuck these guys think they are?!

You don't own a game's licence because you make a romhack.

Hell, most of the times in the industry even the DEVS THEMSELVES don't own the games they make.

Jesus christ.
>>
>Banjo's symbol isn't a Jiggy

-1/10
>>
Looks SEGA quality.
>>
>If you support us it’s really important you know that you are not giving us money in exchange for anything in particular.
Fuck everything about this project
>>
>>3909934
I mean it sounds cool but
>Kickstarter for a romhack
I'll give it three days at most before Nintendo hits them with a C&D.
>>
Wtf?? Are they retarded?
>>
>>3915629
Yes!
>>
>>3909934

>$10,000 kickstarter goal

yeah, fuck these faggots

https://ap.nintendo.com/report/
>>
>>3909934
Maybe they should fix the horrible slowdowns, terrible AI, and allow it to use the expansion pack first.
>>
>>3909970
It's a spic in the video, so yeah.
>>
>>3910016
>I've never played a n64 rom hack
That's great but pretending you now anything about them is retarded.
>>
I want this to succeed
so bad
but I do not want them on kickstarter or asking for money

Nintendo should let people do this not for money obv

they should do new moves too

if they add peach im set
>>
File: 1435643962976.gif (938KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1435643962976.gif
938KB, 500x281px
>>3909934
>kickstarter for a fan-made romhack of an existing game using other company's IPs

What?
>>
>>3910456

Console makers can't shut down emulators. There's precedent for this in the form of the various Sony vs. Bleem lawsuits.

They can, however, C&D fan games.
>>
File: 3685.gif (625KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
3685.gif
625KB, 300x225px
>Actually getting based Goemon in a Smash game
>>
>>3920693
Banjo

where is my gex
mischief makers
andglover
>>
>>3909934
Banjo and no Kazooie?? What?
>>
Shitty skin mods with no real changes to the moves and somehow made other animations worse?(Yoshi's roll looked atrocious)

The new items did nothing new and he's asking for money? KYS
>>
What is the 10k going toward? Hiring an actual programmer for the 24 character thing to even work?
>>
>>3920707
glover is already the final boss mate ;)
>>
>$7 pledged of $10k
wew, surprised they haven't gotten the C&D hammer yet
>>
>>3909934
>Are you going to support them?

Hopefully no one does. It's cancer like this which is destroying the mod/romhack/fangame community and Nintendo NEEDS and is in full right to C&D you assholes.
>>
cringe
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.