[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good Romsets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: rrc_001.webm (2MB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
rrc_001.webm
2MB, 1280x1024px
Lately wanted to get myself some complete romsets but noticed that most of them have either everything packed from bad dumps to every hack.
Most of them are badly organised or messy.

Are there any good romsets, that contain all the playable games without bad dumps and hacks, that have neat folder structure and are well organised?

Asking because couldnt find despite searching.
>>
Are you making this thread after seeing >>3909501 or...?
>>
>>3909501
>Lately wanted to get myself some complete romsets but noticed that most of them have either everything packed from bad dumps to every hack.

You really do want a set that includes bad dumps, overdumps, etc. Some of them aren't actually bad dumps, and are in fact the only version of the ROM that might work, or work properly. For instance, the only "good" US dump of Tetris 2 is actually a bad dump with glitched graphics, and it's one of the bad dumps that's actually the good dump.

You also want to keep alternative dumps around in case there are specific ROM hacks or translations you wish to use, as they might require a ROM with a specific CRC. (Which is to say, some hacks have to be applied to so-called bad dumps in order to work)
>>
https://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?101715-MULTI-ROM-SET-EverDrive-Packs-Release-Thread
>>
>>3909501

Download a goodset and use the sort in folders option.
Then just delete the bad dumps/overdumps/etc folder.
>>
>>3909501
>For the love of God, Dean!.webm
>>
>>3909523

OP may not even be using a Flash cart, and see >>3909521

Not all so-called good dumps are actually good dumps. It's doubtful whoever put these collections together is aware of this fact, so the collection probably includes ostensibly good dumps that are actually bad dumps. This is precisely why romsets typically include every dump known to man.
>>
>>3909501
Get No Intro sets.
>>
This topic shows up all the time, and it always boils down to this:

>Fag A: I want all commercial titles with no hacks or imperfect dumps!
>Fag B: I want an ALL-AMURICAN romset, no foreign trash!
>Fag C: I want Fag B's set but with jap-only titles that you can play without knowing moon.
>Fag D: I want Fag C's set, but with the rom hacks that are "worth playing" and the best fan translations of jap games.
>Fag E: I want Fag B's set but with PAL exclusives. no weeb shit for me.
>Fag F: Gimme Fag E's set but also equivalent games that changed significantly in localization.
>Fag あ: 日本語でおk
>>
>>3909501

Reminder that only the Genesis original version of Desert Strike is uncensored.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.