[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tactical Orge's setting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: TacticsOgrePSP.jpg (712KB, 1504x1504px) Image search: [Google]
TacticsOgrePSP.jpg
712KB, 1504x1504px
Can anyone here tell mewhat is happening in the larger setting of Tactical Orge? I've played Let's us cling together and Knight of Lodis, and have picked up bits and pieces. But what about the grand scale of things? Who is fighting who for what?
>>
The Church of Lodis is a bunch of cunts. Demons are cunts. Everyone is mad.

But seriously, play Ogre Battle/Ogre Battle 64 if you want to fill in gaps and get more of the setting. They are worth playing through.
>>
>>3909045

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ITJ9V4byEw
>>
>>3909045
Many moons ago men fought against ogres.

Men won because FUCK YEAH! HUMANITY!, sealing ogres in the netherworld.

There's still places with high spiritual activity where you can kind of open gates to the world ogres were sealed in or the world of "gods", these places are known as Chaos Gates and have been sealed after the legendary Ogre Battle because every time they get opened shit gets real.

Somewhere along the setting's timeline Lodis becomes a huge empire akin to the ancient roman empire.

At some point, High Priest Sardian becomes the shadow ruler of Lodis by basically controlling the senate through bribing or putting his followers there, shagging the queen, having political immunity because MUH RELIGION et alia.

Sardian wants to tap into the Chaos Gate for reasons because the church is always evil just like in real life, mustache twirling, beard caressing and evil cackles ensue.

Lodis keeps expanding, thus allowing Sardian to find various Chaos Gates around the world and try to open them by proxy through his knights or by fomenting wars and shit, sometimes both.

Barely related political shit happens along the way and you get to play through that uninteresting shit with a cast of literal whos who are almost always irrelevant to Sardian's scheming but are all tied together by him fucking shit up in their homelands to get to dem sweet Chaos Gates, you also get some discount nihilism and basic philosophy classes too if you're lucky.

Since Zenobia was the MC country of the first game they make it seem like they're those pretty important dudes who knew it all behind the scenes but in reality they almost always don't know what the fuck they're doing and often make things worse for other countries because they're inept imbeciles.

Some Lodis people are pretty cool guize tho, there's also this hot witch who loves produce for some reason and tons of non human units for all the furry/scalies out there.

It also will never get a closure.
>>
Let us cling together as the years go by
Oh my love my love
In the quiet of the night let our candle always burn
Let us never lose the lessons we have learned

vs

I am the knight of lodis and Imma fuck you up
(fuck you up fuck you up) x8
>>
>>3909045
> Tactical Orge

Is the Irate Gamer coming back?
>>
Are the games all worth playing? Thinking of starting with the PS1 version of March of the Black Queen, or is the SNES version a better place to begin?
>>
>>3909280

PSP version is definitive version of Tactics' Ogre. Massively improves on everything. Matsuno personally oversaw the PSP version. He did not ovesee the PSP version of FFT, and it was pretty bad, both technically and in terms of new content. So they made sure they didn't screw up for TO.
>>
>>3909280

I don't know much about this series but I played the SNES one and it was really boring. It is only for a certain special kind of weirdo who really likes grinding for obscure rewards.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.