[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Portablefag memories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: megamangb2-us.jpg (191KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
megamangb2-us.jpg
191KB, 680x680px
How many of you for whatever reason played portables more often over consoles and computers (be they PCs, MACs, etc.)?
Game Boys, Game Gear, Tiger Handhelds, TI-83 calculators, Neo Geo Pocket Color... hell, even Sega Nomad and NEC TurboExpress if you could afford them.

Do you still get in this situation?

Whenever people talk about the songs from the NES original MM2, in the back of my head I recall the songs from this fucker. Even though it's technically "rockman world 2" in japland, it was the first MM2 I personally knew. Imagine my surprise when I eventually played the NES game years after playing the GB game and got an entirely different soundtrack. Even the songs from MM1 on GB were still similar to MM1 on NES which I actually had played around the same time of release.
The worst part about this is that I actually liked MM2gb's soundtrack and this was years before stuff like rushjet1's remixes existed.
>>
File: kerm.jpg (30KB, 320x479px) Image search: [Google]
kerm.jpg
30KB, 320x479px
Yes
I had older siblings so getting my own thing that I could hide in the corner and play was a godsend.
I also really liked MMII as well as the other GB games
>>
of course not. even as a kid, I recognized that handhelds were infinitely more casual than consoles and computers, therefore not worth purchasing many games for.
>>
Mega Man 2's soundtrack was technically good, but it was ruined by a shitty programmer fucking up the music engine. You can find videos on YouTube that have it corrected, and the music is actually really good.
>>
I had a gameboy as a young kid and loved it, but I was 12 when GBA came out and that was the perfect age for it. I already preferred playing 8 and 16 bit stuff over 5th gen 3D games and GBA had 2D games for days. Being so into the new 2D games coming out just made me wanna find more older stuff that I hadn't played yet.
>>
Jesus christ man, the musics in MM2 GB are ATROCIOUS. How could you not realize that even as a kid.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJCFljxjgCY

>Jesus christ how horrifying
>>
>>3908789
This, I played the hell out of my GBA. It's probably still my most played console. Being able to play DKC (an imperfect port, sure, but still) on the go was amazing.
>>
I play with my GameBoy Color everytime I take the train to go to work, and kids watch me as a very strange adult with a very strange smartphone
>>
>>3908671
This was my first mega man game, my second was X1. I played it soundless.
>>
>>3908671
They're more challenging
>>
I only had handhelds and I love them.
>>
>>3908876
>>3908907
All part of being a sick fuck, my man.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.