[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any good toku themed games? Preferably beat em ups

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 15

File: Tokusatsu.jpg (60KB, 509x313px) Image search: [Google]
Tokusatsu.jpg
60KB, 509x313px
Are there any good toku themed games? Preferably beat em ups but I'm open to anything.
>>
All the good Toku heroes and their associated games are nonretro.
>>
File: Wonder_momo_pcengineboxart.png (313KB, 351x353px) Image search: [Google]
Wonder_momo_pcengineboxart.png
313KB, 351x353px
Wonder Momo
>>
File: 49662_front.jpg (80KB, 401x588px) Image search: [Google]
49662_front.jpg
80KB, 401x588px
Solbrain for the Famicom... also known as Shatterhand.
>>
there are several power rangers games
>>
File: PWR.jpg (57KB, 640x444px) Image search: [Google]
PWR.jpg
57KB, 640x444px
The Power Ranger games on SNES are pretty solid.
>>
Rent-A-Hero is more amekomi-inspired, but I still count it as toku.
>>
File: The_Great_Battle_IV.jpg (116KB, 444x800px) Image search: [Google]
The_Great_Battle_IV.jpg
116KB, 444x800px
The Great Battle IV and V are great games that feature Kamen Rider and Ultraman characters alongside Gundam.
>>
File: hyperiria.jpg (33KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
hyperiria.jpg
33KB, 600x450px
Hyper Iria
>>
Bomberman 64
>>
File: Bomberman 64.jpg (102KB, 738x586px) Image search: [Google]
Bomberman 64.jpg
102KB, 738x586px
>>3908498
Oh yeah. Those designs are pretty toku.
>>
File: Noriko is victorious.webm (3MB, 952x716px) Image search: [Google]
Noriko is victorious.webm
3MB, 952x716px
>>3908240
Oh shit, what's up /m/?
>>
Why tokusatsu get so few games? Because it's not made to last?
>>
File: COVER-Cyber_Cross.jpg (45KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
COVER-Cyber_Cross.jpg
45KB, 400x388px
Cyber Cross: Busou Keiji - PC Engine
Cross Wiber - PC Engine
Jetman - Famicom
Zyurangers - Famicom
>>
File: rampage.jpg (2MB, 1528x2100px) Image search: [Google]
rampage.jpg
2MB, 1528x2100px
Rampage
>>
>>3908240
>toku
>good
>>
>>3908732
And as the years went by, Noriko accepted her brain damage and retired into the care of her sibling.
>>
File: Cosmo Police Galivan (J).png (3KB, 256x240px) Image search: [Google]
Cosmo Police Galivan (J).png
3KB, 256x240px
Cosmo police Galivan is quite good.
>>
>>3908250
>kamen rider black
>not goat rider
>>
>>3908883
Classic
>>
Ultraman on GB looks neat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxFVvUnxRLQ
>>3908269
There's also SD Hero Soukessen on Famicom, a bit short and easy but fun rockman-like gameplay https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNwv4etCTEk

I always hada a soft spot for King of the Monsters 2.
>>
File: tmp_7573-IMG_2948_m1010703867.jpg (23KB, 448x334px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_7573-IMG_2948_m1010703867.jpg
23KB, 448x334px
The game you want is the super famicom Kamen Rider beat em up, anon.
>>
>>3908309
ZeiramZone on the PS1.
>>
I've been wondering if there's a super robot taisen type game but only with super sentai zords myself
>>
There's a huge clusterfuck of a game called Super Tokusatsu Taisen 2001, for the PSX. It's an SRPG.
You can use:
- Kamen Riders
- Super Sentai
- Metal Heroes
- Ultramen (!!!!)
- Giant Robots

Imagine every one of those in the same map at once. You can actually fight giant monsters with normal-sized heroes, although it goes as well as you'd expect. One thing no other game did is that you can use the supporting cast (like the SSSP from Ultraman) to board vehicles and fight the giant monsters themselves.

Here's some videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T2gABJfHOg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpLNkFqjPHU
>>
There's a Beat'em Up called Super Hero Retsuden on the Dreamcast, but it's not very good.

Your best bet would be the Great Battle series (1-5 on the SNES, 6 on the PSX) and Carranger on the SNES.
>>
>>3915430
I so wish this game would get a translation.
>>
File: dadandrn4.png (27KB, 286x224px) Image search: [Google]
dadandrn4.png
27KB, 286x224px
>Ctrl+f "Dadandarn/Monster Maulers"
>no results

What the fuck.

This is all you need to know about this game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yKhTuEGcGA

Just fucking play it, OP.
>>
Hero Senki (Super Famicom) and Super Hero Sakusen (PSX) if you are into JRPG.
Battle series for all your needs from platforming in Great Battle to dodgeball in Battle Dodgeball.
>>
>>3915430
>>3915469
Super Tokusatsu Taisen 2001 is literally one of the worst strategy games I've ever played. Which is a shame because a Toku version of Super Robot Wars is such a great idea. I wish they'd do it again but not outsource development and include some newer series so that the game could have an actual crossover plot beyond random monster of the week episodes mashed together.

Also you can't attack giant monsters with normal heroes for the most part. The total disconnect between giant units and regular ones is a huge problem. They never feel like they interact, even when they're on the same map.

Voltex's theme is great though, literally the best part of the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_gBWlExX6M
>>
>>3915542
I still remember the game throwing you a curveball with that stage where you have to fight one of Ultraman's enemies with just the SSSP guys.
Also if you don't use your giant robots enough, even an enemy plane in later stages can bring them down in one shot. That's bullshit.
>>
>>3915542
There's Super Hero Generation on the PS3, but NOT RETRO.
>>
>>3908240
SaGa Frontier has a Toku storyline which is pretty damn amazing.
>>
You motherfuckers ain't played no Battle Baseball?

Ultraman, Gundam, Karen Rider and Godzilla. Playing baseball. Great fun.
>>
Why are there no good sentai games in general?
>>
>>3916620
It's from the Compati Hero series, which Great Battle is a part of.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.