[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/chinkshit/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 28

File: Aliexpress-China.png (159KB, 1635x769px) Image search: [Google]
Aliexpress-China.png
159KB, 1635x769px
chinkshit thread

post any recent pick ups or cool bootlegs you have
>>
>>3908047
I'm in the process of ordering some custom copies of the Sochi 2014 hack of Blades of Steel, and some copies of that recently released homebrew loli janken game for Gameboy.
>>
Bought this thing recently, it's fucking great. Has actual chips instead of just globtops and the save feature works properly.
>>
>>3908137
forgot pic
>>
>>3908137
>Has actual chips instead of just globtops
I have a really nice Recca cartridge with actual DIP-packages in it, and the label looks really nice. I'm ordering that Sochi game from the same manufacturer. Had to email them about it though since AliExpress seems to have expelled most stores that sell bootlegs. You can try emailing them, but they're unfortunetly really slow at responding: http://sindertech.com/
>>
File: chink.jpg (386KB, 602x778px) Image search: [Google]
chink.jpg
386KB, 602x778px
I recently got these. They work like a charm.
Magical Doropie is especially great because it's the superior japanese version but with an english translation.

I had another order for a copy of Arkista's Ring but it never came unfortunately, the seller fucked me royally, kept the money and never shipped the damn thing.
I'm very disappointed and surprised, it's the first time it happens for me on aliexpress.
I really want a copy of that game, but there's only that one seller who has a listing for it on the site, and I'm not going to order again from him...
>>
Isn't the only difference the cutscene at the beginning of doropie?
I just ordered an engrish translation of dragon quest 3 for SNES. I'm hoping it won't have epoxy blobs. I also have a Metroid zero mission that's clearly a repro but the PCB is super clean and neat.
>>
>>3908047
How do does clone everdrives look?
>>
>>3908140
I kinda like that art.

Any AliExpress flashcarts worth having currently?
>>
>>3909867
The title screen is different, the title screen music is better, the intro cutscene is different.
And let's not forget that the japanese version has infinite continues, the american version doesn't...
>>
File: DSC_0023.jpg (647KB, 1719x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0023.jpg
647KB, 1719x1000px
Currently making a video reviewing this one but you guys can pretty much review it just by looking.
The one thing that stood out for me was the fact that they used a tri-wing screw on it. No idea why. (you can see it between the two parts)
>>
>>3908047
I recently picked up some FRAM there. Gonna mod a bunch of Sega shit before I resell it at insane prices on jewbay.
>>
>>3909870
>How do does clone everdrives look?
What on earth are you asking?
>>
>>3909873
Pretty much all flashcarts on Ali are good. The tough part is actually finding them. For some reason Aliexpress removes anything specifically referencing flashcarts, so sellers have to be sneaky and very nonspecific with their wording.

For example, look here:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/RETROAD-Custom-Games-for-8bit-16bit-32bit-64bit/32741566757.html

Notice they don't have pictures of what you're actually getting, but if you check the feedback you can see they're really Everdrives.

Though if you order one from there, get ePacket shipping. Trust me on this. Also, never ever ever update the firmware. Newer firmware can detect that these aren't official Krikzz everdrives, and will brick it. Just use the firmware that comes preinstalled, it can run pretty much everything.
>>
>>3909840
There's always the old fashioned way of making one with a donor.
>>
>>3910430
I don't know anyone who knows how to do that where I live. Plus I don't really condone the practice of cannibalizing other legit carts.

The original Arkista's Ring is not that expensive, but unfortunately I live in Europe and buying it from America means insane shipping prices and import fees. China would be the best option, too bad it appears to be a game not even bootleggers care about. I tried messaging two sellers in private to make me a custom cart but they never replied.
>>
>>3910054
People keep talking about clone Everdrives for Nes and PC Engine but I haven't seen one.
>>
>>3909840
How did those arrive? In a simple bubble wrap envelope or a nice box? I got kinda delicate stuff from there before that didn't survive the trip.
>>
>>3911023
The stuff I get from Aliexpress usually arrives in bubble wrap envelopes. I never had anything end up damaged, though.
>>
>>3910946
See >>3910170 for NES chinkerdrives

Not sure about PC Engine though, can't say I've seen any references to them anywhere.
>>
File: IC0ZR3L.jpg (515KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
IC0ZR3L.jpg
515KB, 3840x2160px
>>3910938
If you live in europe i could potentially make you one from a donor if you're interested.
>>
>>3911513
I'm interested but it depends on the cost. I was trying to get a repro in order to save money. What would you need as a donor?
>>
>>3911858
It's not a lot of work so all I'd ask for is material and shipping costs.
Materials would only be a donor and 2 27C256 EPROMs.
I can either put it on an NES or Famicom cart.
Famicom: http://bootgod.dyndns.org:7777/search.php?unif=HVC-CNROM
NES: http://bootgod.dyndns.org:7777/search.php?unif=NES-CNROM
No globtop board of course. Pretty sure I do have an NTSC NES donor already lying around actually.

If you're interested you can contact me here
https://pastebin.com/ff7nBQF1
>>
File: 97129_a.jpg (109KB, 1001x1001px) Image search: [Google]
97129_a.jpg
109KB, 1001x1001px
>>3908130
>that homebrew loli janken game

Chinks made actual carts of it? Holy shit those shameless bastards
Link me up fampai
>>
>>3912450
Different anon, but I have the cart in your pic. It's literally just Pokemon R/B with very slightly modified maps and childish edgy over-the-top dialogue. I love it.
>>
>>3912450
>Holy shit those shameless bastards
Doing literally anything that might make a dollar no questions asked is the modus operandi of the Chinese.
>>
>>3910170
Thanks for the info here I had been looking. The mega drive has two versions here it seems. Anyone happen to know the difference as there's no feedbacks with pics?
>>
I know this isn't chinkshit but, anybody have experience with Dendies? I recently got reminded of them and want to get one for all the shitty bootlegs on it.
>>
File: micro genius.jpg (455KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
micro genius.jpg
455KB, 1280x720px
>>3912893
I don't have a Dendy, but I have some experience with the Micro Genius which is basically the same thing.
It's nicely designed and it's a hardware clone. It has very flashy colors but the audio is very distorted and gritty.
Finding games for it is a whole other story, I have a few bootleg games but if you want ones specifically made for the Dendy you'll have to go look for them in Russia I'm afraid.
>>
anyone ever bought swapmagic from ali?
is it the real deal or proper chinkshit?
>>
>>3912450
>Chinks made actual carts of it
No, I have to have it custom made.
>>
>>3912893
They were rebranded Micro Genius-famiclones, really nice clones actually. Too bad Micro Genius doesn't exist anymore. The Dendy Classic controllers are awesome, I wish there were some good quality NES controllers made that aren't just plain copies of the shitty design of the original controller.
>>
File: asldjdg.png (245KB, 1242x685px) Image search: [Google]
asldjdg.png
245KB, 1242x685px
I'm waiting for this to arrive, will be reviewing it if anyone is interested.
>>
>>3910170
$80 for a chink nes ed?
Isn't it cheaper to just get a legit one through junfangames?
>>
>>3913074
Technically yes, but unless you live in China you'll have to get a Taobao agent and pay them as well.
>>
>>3913060
>usb
Enjoy your input lag
Also cant u just burn games on saturn if you get one of those action replays
>>
>>3913074
Ordering through an agent is a pain in the ass, and AE at least gets you buyer protection.
>>3913129
This general is based on /g/'s /csg/, it is what it is, get over it.
>>
>>3913135
fuck off then, this is an 18+ site
>>
>>3913120
I have an ps2 adapter I haven't noticed any input lags, so I decided to go for the Saturn one.

>Also cant u just burn games on saturn if you get one of those action replays
I wouldn't know I don't have one anymore just the controllers.
>>
>>3910170
do the save functions on these things usually work?
>>
File: yeah so.png (147KB, 222x256px) Image search: [Google]
yeah so.png
147KB, 222x256px
>>3913135
So? Leave this site if you're that up-in-arms over words you uptight cunt and a half.
>>
>>3913139
>>3913164
Come on guys /vr/ doesn't have to stoop to the level of lesser boards
>>
>>3913171
Take your vagina and go
>>
>>3913156
They save to the SD card, and yeah they work.
>>
>>3913120
>Also cant u just burn games on saturn if you get one of those action replays
Not out of the box, you have to flash it.
>>
>>3913129
RUN ANON YOU PRODDED THE BEAR!
>>
>>3910170
is this mega everdrive x3 or is it the everdrive md3
>>
>>3913176
I have chink EDs for NES, SNES and N64, and they all have working save features. For the N64 one though, you have to press the reset button and let it return to the main menu before you turn off the system. If you don't, it won't update the save file on the SD card.
>>
>>3909894
Nobody wants to see your video.
>>
>>3913193
Flashing it means you need to do the deeply complex swap trick one whole time. Be sure to factor in the price of the 5cm of tape.
>>
>>3912893
Shitty bootlegs play on any famiclone including the micro genius and the micro genius with a dendy label.

>>3912938
Sounds like you got a fake 501. A real one is a near perfect clone.
>>
Is this a good flashcart for the gba? I'm really debating on getting one or not.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/291932908022?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true
>>
>>3913614
Get an EZ Flash, dude.
>>
>>3913614
It sucks compared to the Everdrive. Also, that version uses Mini SD, which aren't made anymore.
>>
>>3913619
Thanks, I found one for $35.
I likely would have gotten the gba everdrive, if there was more than one place selling them.
>>
>>3910170
Those Genesis/Megadrive carts look pretty appealing for $35, any idea what the quality is like? I'd considered getting one of those knockoffs you see on ebay for $45+ but wasn't sure it was worth it for something that may die on me.
>>
>>3913614
>>3913626
You dodged a bullet, I got a Supercard GBA earlier this year only to be massively dissapointed. Couldn't get most games to work even after patching and the few that did work had slowdowns. The included emulators were ass too.
Sold that shit and bought a 24 in 1 multicart instead for 8 freedoms, hopefully that one will work fine
>>
>>3913620
>It sucks compared to the Everdrive.

It's not overpriced like Everdrive, and it has over 99% compatibility. Exactly what sucks about it? I used an EZ4 for years. Never encountered a single issue or incompatibility.
>>
>>3913724
You have to patch every fucking game to get the save feature to work, and the UI feels really shitty.
>>
>>3913724
Some people are just really salty they spent 100 bucks on a flashcart for a system that has had perfectly good options for years.
>>
>>3913731
>You have to patch every fucking game to get the save feature to work
Non-issue. You have to copy and paste ROMs to your SD card regardless of whether or not you're patching them. Using the EZ client to copy the ROMs to the SD card (and patching them en route) is completely inconsequential. Only a complete autist would complain about something like this.

>and the UI feels really shitty
Holy shit, you're a fucking retard. ED's ROM browser is virtually the same.
>>
PS1 Repro CDs WHEN

is that even possible
>>
>>3913846
I bought a stack of 'em today, they come blank.
>>
>>3913491
Fair enough.
>>
>>3913797
Not that anon, but I heard the ezflash has some problems with saves. Like, you have to reset your console to get it to write the save. Is it true? If so, that's a pretty big con
>>
>>3913896
>Like, you have to reset your console to get it to write the save. Is it true?
It either writes the save after a quick reset back to the ROM browser, or the next time you power-on the GBA. If you just power the GBA off, then the save is kept active in the cart's internal battery, and written the next time you power on.

>If so, that's a pretty big con
No it isn't. You can skip writing saves if you hold down the L button when the save is to be written. It's a useful feature if you feel the need to save-scum, or you actually fuck something up in the save and simply don't want it to be written.

It's also a convenience in the case of games that incessantly write auto-saves every time you move through a door or exit a stage. Instead of subjecting your card to unnecessary wear and tear from interval-based saving, it all gets written as one save when you turn off the game or reset back to the ROM browser.
>>
got an fc twin clone system will flashcart even work on it?
>>
>>3913620
>Also, that version uses Mini SD, which aren't made anymore.

MicroSD-to-MiniSD adapters are still manufactured, and are in ample supply.
>>
>>3913620
I guess anon shouldn't get the GBA because they're not made anymore either? lel
>>
>>3914238
I don't know if the newer ones are like this, but the one I bought a few years ago required me to find a regular, non-SDHC or SDXC micro SD card, which was actually really fucking difficult to do. I had to order from some obscure company on like page 5 of Amazon, and due to it not being SDHC or SDXC, the max size I could get was 2GB.
>>
>>3914258
>I don't know if the newer ones are like this, but the one I bought a few years ago required me to find a regular, non-SDHC or SDXC micro SD card, which was actually really fucking difficult to do.

Is this a joke, or am I being trolled? <2 GB cards are super cheap on eBay. And that's more than enough capacity for GBA ROMs, unless maybe you're downloading tons of shovelware and regional variations.
>>
>>3914272
No, you fucking idiot.

It CANNOT be SDHC or SDXC. That was my entire point. You can get <=2GB SD cards easily, but almost all of them are SDHC, because the standard SD card format is barely used nowadays.
>>
>>3914290
they were probably mislabled or something. SDHC's minimum size is 4gb.
>>
>>3914290
With the release of the newer black version, they've actually released another firmware upgrade for the old white
ones to support >2GB and SDHC.
Still, the EZ Flash IV has pretty bad build quality and just sucks compared to an Everdrive or an M3 perfect
>>
>>3914194
yes
>>
>>3914290
>It CANNOT be SDHC or SDXC.
You realize that 2 GB and <2 GB cards are, by definition, neither SDHC or SDXC? The differences in format refer to the maximum capacities of the cards.

>No, you fucking idiot.
In the future, you may wish to do some research before you accuse other anons of ignorance.

>>3914310
>Still, the EZ Flash IV has pretty bad build quality and just sucks compared to an Everdrive or an M3 perfect
There's nothing wrong with the quality of EZF4.

This is exactly why threads about Flash carts can't be productive - it's a nonstop circlejerk of Krikzz shills recycling one outright lie after another, and failing that, they just start personally attacking everyone who isn't an ED shill until they give up and walk away from the thread.
>>
>>3914398
I own both the fucking white and black EZ F4 and both of their shells don't even hold together properly.
Hell, you know there's something wrong with the build quality when the shop you buy them from sells them with the
cases ALREADY glued so they'd hold together properly and I'm not making this up.
Also, where did I insult anyone? I seem to have hit a sore point though, since I simply criticized the EZF4...
The EZF4, the Everdrive and the M3 Perfect are in fact pretty much the only carts for GBA that can read flash media and play most games perfectly.
And the (sad) truth simply is:
Everdrive>M3 Perfect>EZF4

As I said the EZF4's shell is a bit iffy, the games have to be patched, no RTC, the patching software is trash and some games don't work properly at all(Yoshi's Island is one of them I think), it only support 128K sram so some games require additional patching
The M3 Perfect still requires patching and also only supports 128K sram but it does have RTC and the patching software is actually nicer. I've also never run into a game that didn't work (though there might be one...)
The Everdrive pretty much eradicates all flaws by having RTC, supporting 256K flash and not requiring any patching. The shell is pretty big so it's uncomfortable to use on a DS lite or SP so that's one flaw.
Now you can burn me at the stake for shilling.
>>
>>3914453
>and I'm not making this up
Yes you are, or you bought a knock-off and should have filed a complaint against the seller you purchased it from. What you described does not remotely resemble any authentic EZ Flash cartridge.

>the games have to be patched
Non-issue; already addressed earlier in this thread. You didn't even bother to reply to me after I tried to assuage your concerns about this.

>no RTC
This is true, but this means you won't be able to enjoy the real-time clock feature that a very limited number of games use. If you want to overpay for an ED just for its RTC support, that's your business; recommending other anons do so is ludicrous.

Besides, one could simply play Pokemon FireRed / LeafGreen instead of Ruby / Sapphire, as FR / LG didn't even utilize a clock feature. Hell, you could even buy a legitimate copy of Ruby / Sapphire and an EZF4, and still pay less than you would for an Everdrive. Problem solved.

>As I said the EZF4's shell is a bit iffy
False.

>the patching software is trash and some games don't work properly at all(Yoshi's Island is one of them I think)
False.

>it only support 128K sram so some games require additional patching
False.

>Everdrive>M3 Perfect>EZF4
Nope. I'll grant you that ED probably has more conveniences, but the compatibility rate between ED and EZF4 is the same, or at least astronomically close. Bottom line: It's not worth what Krikzz is asking for it.
>>
>>3914479
They are not knock-offs and to be honest the glueing certain helps with holding the shell together so why would I complain?
The guy directly buys them from the manufacturer this is what he writes in his shop:

>- The cases were not glued in the past, but the cases (mniSD) may open during use. So the EZ Team has glued them, if they have glued them well.
>If so, the cases should come closed. If not, we glue them ourself. So if you should have problems, please use a little bit of super glue. This is NO fault and no defective item.
>Sorry for this, but we do not produce them and normally you will get a good one. The card itself started in 2005 !

http://www.flashlinker-shop.com/nintendo-gameboy-advance-ez-flash-iv-microsdhc-slot-2-gba-gbm-sp-nds-nds-lite-p-861.html?language=en

I can already see you blindly try to negate my claims without researching but I'll still reply to the rest.

It certainly is an issue that games have to be patched. Some games are not compatible with these patches whether you want to acknowledge it or not.
The game that I mentioned actually has been fixed with a patch though apparently from the looks of it
https://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?t=15830

Yeah you're right about the RTC stuff but once again you blindly rant and attack even though you were the one claiming I was a blindly insulting shill myself.
Nowhere did I go out and tell people to buy an Everdrive whatsoever, neither did I talk of the Everdrive specifically in my first post but also the M3.
>>
>>3914479

The patching software is indeed trash and you can tell that a lot of other people think so too by simply googling.

Boy, this tells me that you blindly spew shit without research or knowledge once again.
The EZF4 does indeed only have 128K SRAM and can't support games that use 256K flash without patching them to only use 128K SRAM.
One way to test this is to run a pokemon game through EZ's patching software and then go ingame, save once, reset and you'll get the message:
The last save is corrupted, loading last save file. That's because pokemon uses 256K flash but actually splits the space to use two 128K savefiles with one being a 'backup' savefile in case a stupid kid turns his gameboy off when saving or something. Because of the 128K patch the game will not use that backup file though and will therefore always display that error.

As I already said earlier there's some stuff that i got to work on the ED and the M3 but not on the EZF4 so that's that.
And once again you make this be solely about the Everdrive not being worth it's money. Did I ever claim it was? Almost feels like you have some kind of trauma or something buddy.
>>
>>3914519
>They are not knock-offs
Yes, what you are describing is most certainly a knock-off.

>the glueing certain helps with holding the shell together
The shell is held together by a Philips screw. It doesn't need additional support from glue or any other substance.

>The cases were not glued in the past, but the cases (mniSD) may open during use. So the EZ Team has glued them, if they have glued them well.
>If so, the cases should come closed. If not, we glue them ourself. So if you should have problems, please use a little bit of super glue. This is NO fault and no defective item.
Anon, you're definitely being bullshitted. The shells are absolutely not supposed to be glued. They're supported by a single, removable Philips screw so the user can easily replace the internal SRAM battery when needed. Gluing the case would defeat that purpose.

If you purchased one of these cartridges recently, then I would urge you to report the seller and open a case for a refund.

>The EZF4 does indeed only have 128K SRAM and can't support games that use 256K flash without patching them to only use 128K SRAM.
I don't know the technical specifications of how GBA games handle SRAM. I just know that the EZ patcher works. I've never needed to perform any "additional" patching to get any of my ROMs to save.

Are you used an older version of the client? Considering you purchased a knock-off, that's probably the case; or the client provided to you isn't even the real EZ client.

>there's some stuff that i got to work on the ED and the M3 but not on the EZF4 so that's that
Both Yoshi's Island and the Pokemon games work fine on EZF4. What other games supposedly wouldn't function for you?

>(personal attacks)
So I take it you've gotten tired of throwing tautologies back and forth, and now you just want to insult me? I hope you don't kiss your mother with that mouth, Anon.
>>
>>3913493
>Sounds like you got a fake 501. A real one is a near perfect clone.
What do you mean? The one I have is a clone of a clone?
I have two of them, and also a 701. They all have shitty audio.
>>
>>3913852
Link?
>>
>>3914248
We're talking about new hardware that requires storage media that isn't made anymore. That's fucked.
>>
>>3915613
>That's fucked.

Micro to MiniSD adapters still exist. Stop posting misinformation.
>>
>>3915428
More like a fake clone. I have 3 fake 501s so I've got you beat there. I don't have a 701 fake or not. The fact that you do explains the situation completely. Everything you have is fake huefag shit. kek.

>>3915613
SD is still being made and will be for a long time. Sorry to hear your mommy dropped you on your head.
>>
>>3909870
exactly like the real ones, but they use superior leaded solder.
>>
>>3910946
Turbo ED clones are pretty new to the market
>>
>>3916174
Not Mini SD though. Also, the EZ Flash IV is not that much cheaper than the Everdrive GBA which is way better. You gotta be a complete fucking cheapskate.
>>
>>3916751
>Also, the EZ Flash IV is not that much cheaper than the Everdrive GBA
What? You can buy 3 EZF3 for the price of one ED GBA.
>>
>>3916751
>Not Mini SD though.
Several anons already pointed out that you can use a microSD to miniSD adapter, which is dirt cheap and still mass produced today. You're being willfully retarded.

>Also, the EZ Flash IV is not that much cheaper than the Everdrive GBA
A quick Google search shows just how wrong you are.
>>
File: 20161206_024023.jpg (4MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20161206_024023.jpg
4MB, 4128x2322px
I mainly use aliexpress to buy physical versions of games that never released outside of Japan and have now been translated. However, I did buy a couple of SNES games and quite a few genesis games as well.
>>
Does anyone know where I can get a NES to Famicom cartridge adapter? I can only find ones that do the opposite, for use on NES-machines.
>>
File: $_57 (1).jpg (53KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
$_57 (1).jpg
53KB, 640x480px
>>3917341
I have this one and it works perfectly

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Adaptor-Converter-Famicom-72-pin-to-60-pin-nes-games-Console-Nintendo-NTSC-PAL-/322349965994
>>
File: 1315724533-743210068.jpg (130KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1315724533-743210068.jpg
130KB, 800x800px
Super challenge controller
>>
>>3917214
>I did buy a couple of SNES games and quite a few genesis games as well.
I'm eyeing shining Force 2, as the real cartridge's jumped up in price; did you buy any game that had a saving feature? I fear they'd be too cheap to put the needed chip
>>
>>3917347
Would have liked a shell though, it feels precarious already with the adapter adding length to the already oversized NES-cartridges.
>>
File: 20161116_150740(1).jpg (1MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20161116_150740(1).jpg
1MB, 4128x2322px
>>3917558
SNES games usually have a save feature (most will say in the description) however they usually have a price point of $15-$17. Though, you can ask ahead of time and see if the game has a DIY battery save and all you have to do is buy a specific watch battery and insert in the solder area. Did that for Chrono Trigger and works like a charm. That said, I have yet to see any genesis games that can save.
>>
>>3917690
thanks for your reply;
I checked aliexpress a bit, and haven't seen anything about the saves mentionned in the few descriptions I've seen; I'll probably buy a repro for that one game
>>
File: 20161202_233024.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20161202_233024.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>3917852
No problem, anon. Hopefully you find what you're looking for.
>>
>>3917357
Fucking hell China. How is anyone supposed to use this thing?
>>
I can understand getting repros for ROM hacks and homebrews, but what's the point of getting repros of games that were officially released? Especially if you're paying more than $10 for it.
>>
>>3918489
it's nice for people who like having some kind of physical item while not wanting to spend $50 on a 20+ year old game
>>
>>3918489
if you don't want to spend on an EverDrive to play like one game, they're not a bad option, and they save real carts from being 'donors'. I wouldn't pay more than $10 myself; I mean, I have an EDN8 for my Famicoms, but I still pop in a good multi-cart sometimes because the game choice is less overwhelming. i'm more likely to actually play something instead of scrolling through menus.
>>
>>3916751
The device doesn't require mini SD. It requires mini SD or smaller. How many times did your mommy drop you on your head?
Not the guy you're spering out to on the rest.
>>
>>3917852
just ask some sellers. they will call you "dear" alot but they're usually quite nice and helpful.
>>
>>3916174
What? Wtf are you talking about, fake clones? Such things exist? What does that mean? Who makes them?
What exactly are the differences between a "real" and a "fake" 501? I thought it was just a shitty hardware clone.
Is there a video showing the output of an actual 501? I want to hear what it sounds like. This is really interesting.
>>
>>3918936
>they will call you "dear" alot
So, do you mean in an affectionate way or what?
>>
>>3919512
More in a brown noser way.
>>
>>3919503
The clones Micro Genius made are not NOAC-based, they use actual DIP-chips and whatnot, they are pretty good really.
>>
>>3919503
Fake clones exist. They are poor quality copies of other clones. Something that looks like a 501 but isn't made my micro genius is a fake 501. It is a shitty hardware clone. A real 501 is near perfect. In fact it's so perfect you can take the CPU/PPU from a real FC and plug them. Fake ones are just standard noac shit.
Is there a video showing the output of an actual 501? I'm not sure. Like you I'm too lazy to use Google.
>>
What are good chink EDs for Genny and SNES?
>>
>>3917357
>>3918475
Appropriately named.
>>
File: 3123123123.jpg (18KB, 300x195px) Image search: [Google]
3123123123.jpg
18KB, 300x195px
>Buy Hori mini pad 64 on ebay from a guy in japan
>marks as shipped
>wait a month, never receive it
>check out his reviews
>1-2 reviews state that he never shipped and probably hoped buyers would forget about it, not to trust
>ask for refund, still waiting for it

Fucking hell this is beyond infuriating, I love Japan but this guy is a fucking chink if there's any
>>
>>3920459
There's a lot of chinks in Japan, they're the largest immigrant community there second only to gooks.
>>
>>3920459
It happens sometimes.
You should check the seller's feedback beforehand, though.
>>
>>3920305
Mega Driver for Genesis is very good, only one game doesn't work (Phelios)
>>
File: 2017-04-13 09-45-55.273.jpg (164KB, 726x720px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-13 09-45-55.273.jpg
164KB, 726x720px
>>3920295
You can see the ones I have in the picture.
They all have bad audio and are 50hz.

Well I found this video, although it's a Dendy, not a Micro Genius:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXAhyDIOiRQ
But it should be the same thing, right?
Although it isn't, because it sounds much better than the ones I have and it's 60hz, not 50.

I've seen this other video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Yemmzt21U4
You can barely hear the game towards the end,
but it does sound off like the consoles I have.

So I guess maybe the PAL versions of Micro Genius consoles are bad?
There doesn't appear to be a way to distinguish them from the others though, unless you test them.
I would like to know where I can find a 60hz 501, although in the meantime I also got an actual Famicom
and of course it gets the job done flawlessly.

So much for the "perfect clone" then, anyway. I have NOAC consoles that have better output than the 501...
>>
>>3920807
>it's a Dendy, not a Micro Genius
The Steepler Dendy consoles were rebadged Micro Genius machines.
>>
>>3920860
I know that.
>But it should be the same thing, right?
>Although it isn't, because it sounds much better than the ones I have and it's 60hz, not 50.
>>
>>3920807
Probably huefag fakes. Shocker. I have a HK version 501 which is 50/60 and the sounds fine.

>I have NOAC consoles
Sure looks like it. lel
>>
>>3920874
I love famiclones, I like the weird designs of bootlegs.
I also have the original NES, a famicom and a sharp twin. I love variety.

Playing on a NOAC on a CRT like I sometimes do is certainly more authentic than playing
virtual console on an HDTV, or even worse, wasting money on upscalers or hidef mods for old consoles.
>>
>>3920874
That's italian on the boxes.
>>
>>3914602
Worth mentioning as somebody who bought from flashlinkershop a long time ago- this EZFlash description is referring to the previous generation, the white-cased EZFlash IVs that were available from the mid 2000s until about 2010. They did not update the listing text.

The new black EZFIVs are from 2014 onward and do not need to be glued, they are a higher quality in general.

Source: I have both, white for 8 years, black for 1 year. Love them.
>>
>>3914602
>>3921149

See here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMZ_wqNC0bo

These would be delivered in this sort of state, except from flashlinkershop who would either glue or have glued the carts to avoid this.

It seems unnecessary since the user could do it themselves, but it is not an indicator they are knockoffs, they just weren't as well made last time around.
>>
>>3920486
That's surprising. I thought japs and gooks were mortal enemies.
>>
>>3921149
I don't know how the black one holds together without the glue but I did receive the black one glued from him as well.
>>3921156
Yeah the guy I argued with earlier in the thread is just a retarded baiter.
The fact he blindly made claims about technical stuff he had no idea about is a clear sign of that.
>>
>>3921149
>this EZFlash description is referring to the previous generation, the white-cased EZFlash IVs that were available from the mid 2000s until about 2010
>The new black EZFIVs are from 2014 onward and do not need to be glued

This is the generation I own. I still have no idea what you're talking about with the gluing. Nothing on the cartridge needs to be glued. I've had the same one for 5+ years since I originally bought it. Either the seller is making shit up, or he's distributing knock-offs.
>>
>>3921221
>I can't win this argument
>Better call him a troll!

Cool, so when you can't back up your claims, just start insulting anyone who disagrees with you instead.
>>
Anybody here know Taobao fu or even Chinese? Kongfeng need to be informed about the whole aspect ratio thing for their GB Boy Colour.

Once they revise that, and maybe some other things I can't recall, the system will surpass the original GBC.
>>
>>3921253
Not sure the GB Boy Colour is made anymore, I think all the units you can buy now are old stock.
>>
>>3921231
I did back up my arguments and if you were to look up the technical specs of the EZF4 you would see that it neither has a flash chip for saving nor is the SRAM chip it has 256K but 128K.
He blindly called my argument 'false' and later said he has no idea about the technical side of things.
80% chance you're just a samefag anyways...
>>
>>3920953
I love em as well. I have some really weird stuff but some of it is actually really functional.
I have one noac in particular that's really good. It looks like a 1/3 size genesis and plays every game I've ever tried. All the ones most clones have problems with. Works with an FDS and supports the enhanced audio. Has a light gun as well. The audio is great. Crisper than a famicom. Not distorted like most clones. Just missing the low pass filter. And it has a battery compartment and can run for about 6 hours off a few AAs. Because why not, right.
>>
>>3917690
Okay, checked aliexpress back, and now there are serveral shining force 2 carts which mention battery save, I could swear they weren't there 2 days ago... lol do the guys at aliexpress browse /vr/?
And fuck I'm tempted by a mother 3 cartridge...
>>
>>3921757
>Mother 3 cart
Got one awhile back in English for 20$, plays great on the game cube.
>>
>>3921253
They're not going to manufacture a new screen for that shit, its obviously one that was close and available
>>
>>3921757
The MOTHER 3 carts are great, and can be had for literally $5, worth a buy.
>>
>>3921757
I have four Aliexpress GBA bootlegs: Mother 1+2 English, Mother 3 English, and Doom 1 and 2. They're fucking great, especially for the price, and saving works perfectly.
>>
>>3922141
is the sound on your MOTHER1+2 fucked up? I had one but it sounded so bad (and i have a real japanese cart to compare) that I couldn't play it.
>>
>>3921672
Post pics!
>>
>>3922167
Some of the clone games that save back onto the same Flash chip instead of having a SRAM battery will mute the GB sound channels whenever you save. My multicart with Mother 1+2 on it has this problem as well. I don't know why it does this.
>>
>>3922059
Do they use the latest version of the translation?
>>
File: shaoling.jpg (257KB, 1071x1111px) Image search: [Google]
shaoling.jpg
257KB, 1071x1111px
It sucks that it's not possible to buy any custom bootlegs with funky cartridges like this.
>>
File: 1.jpg (214KB, 1111x693px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
214KB, 1111x693px
>>3922631
GBA, but this is even more funky.
>>
File: 2.jpg (180KB, 1111x693px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
180KB, 1111x693px
>>3922632
The back, so you can see the shape better.
>>
File: new_ez4_microsd_04-800xauto.jpg (82KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
new_ez4_microsd_04-800xauto.jpg
82KB, 800x800px
>>3908047
I can't get Mother 3 to work with my EZ IV, I followed everything the guides said, the file size is correct too. Anyone know what's wrong?
>>
I wish this was available with the Super Famicom plug. It sucks how basically every new retro console controller is just a shitty copy of the original, complete with often inferior design.
>>
>>3922167
Mine sounds fine (well, as fine as Mother 1+2 can sound). Where did you buy yours? I got mine from Xingqi Retro Games.
>>
>>3922885
Also Goomba (the emulator) doesn't seem to recognize any games.
>>
>>3922885
>Anyone know what's wrong?

Probably using a corrupt ROM, or you bought a knock-off
>>
>>3923192
MOTHER 3 even runs on my SuperCard and it sucks. Probably a ROM and/or patching issue,
>>
>>3923192
It works on an emulator though.
>>
>>3923225
>It works on an emulator though

Does mean the ROM isn't corrupt. Unless an emulator provides 100% cycle-accurate emulation, it's not going to behave the same way real hardware would, which means things that crash (or don't run at all) on real hardware aren't necessarily impossible to emulate.

Make sure you're patching a clean dump. In fact, you may even want to go out of your way to patch a ROM that matches the same CRC provided with the patch notes, assuming a CRC was included with the patch. Then make sure you're setting it up on your card properly. Use the official EZ Flash client to save patch and transfer the ROM to the SD card.
>>
>>3923284
There isn't any CRC, I used another ROM but same results. After the Foddynet translation screen all I see is a white screen and a few weird sounds
>>
can anybody help me with this? I need some rubbers to fix my PSone controller, but I can't seem to find any sellers. This store had the type I was looking for, but they're not available anymore.
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Replacement-part-for-PS-ONE-PS1-Game-Controller-Conductive-Rubber-Pad-Repair/738784_32467438169.html

Anybody know another seller? I
>>
>>3923504
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/50-set-Conductive-Rubber-Silicone-Pads-for-ps1/32582802091.html

here's 100 for $30, use the search term 'rubber pad'
>>
Is there a chinese clone of those Universal Game Cases, the ones that look like VHS boxes?
>>
>>3923532
thank you anon
>>
>>3923542
of course. I spend a lot of time on AliExpress, the hardest part about the whole thing is figuring out what the fuck the Chinese call the thing you're searching for.
>>
File: thumbnail_FullSizeRender.jpg (73KB, 640x481px) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail_FullSizeRender.jpg
73KB, 640x481px
Here's what I bought from Aliexpress some weeks ago; the first 3 are japan-only games with english fan translations. The last 2 are games that are too rare and expensive for real copies. payed 6$ each. So far I've only played For the frog the bell tolls, which is a pretty charming and enjoyable game.
>>
File: thumbnail2.jpg (75KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail2.jpg
75KB, 640x640px
>>3917214
>tfw I bought survival kids ages ago before prices jacked up
>>
File: LBII Bootleg SGB.jpg (133KB, 480x401px) Image search: [Google]
LBII Bootleg SGB.jpg
133KB, 480x401px
>>3923749
Nice, I got Last Bible II recently and it works beautifully, even has the SGB border.
>>
>>3922445
very curious, thanks anon.
>>3922485
1.2 is what I saw when randomly browsing to-day.
>>
Has anyone bought one of the HDMI famiclones? The video quality looks passable, but none of the youtube 'reviews' mention the input lag. For $50 I'm curious.
>>
File: I_suffered_the_loss_too.jpg (594KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
I_suffered_the_loss_too.jpg
594KB, 2592x1944px
BLOGPOST to Canadian anon:

I had SNES Turtles in Time in its day around its release. I left the game at a cousin's house with my SNES for months. Another cousin, decides to take it and I never got the game back. Screwattack does those videos constantly calling it the greatest beat 'em up ever. The price spikes, and best I can do is get the Japanese cart only for $20 after shipping but it was the price I had to pay back then. It's still not the same as having my SNES version.

About 3 chinkshit threads ago, I decided to get a Megadriver flash cart for my bootleg clone console, which came in and ordered nothing from alieexpress since. A month later I got a package addressed to me containing 5 bootleg TMNT4 games. Cool, I didn't order anything, and it is nice for my bootleg system, but what am I going to do with the remaining 4? It's not like I have any friends who have a SNES/SFC. I would not sell bootlegs to my local Funco Pop store. I can't trust that I gift to strangers guaranteeing me they would destroy the bootleg such that it never gets used to scam anyone. So I am stuck with 4 extra fucking bootleg TMNT4s I cannot do anything with. Just right now, like half a year later, I noticed the mailing label addressed to you ... on the other fucking side of the box. Shit, now I know I stole from another anon. Shipping from my backwoods area of the US to you in Canada is going to cost me a lot, around $15USD which is difficult for me to afford at this time. I also do not want to chance getting doxxed by another 4chan anon via return address on the shipping label.

I'm sorry Canadian anon.
>>
>>3923546
>memery cards
>>
>>3925806
that one drives me crazy, and it's like one of the default categories.
>>
>>3915562
he's joking, he meant cdrs.

>>3913846
yes, but I don't see it happening anytime soon. you need a chip to play them, which could reduce ROI for the producers.

>>3918489
there is no point, these morons should buy flash carts.

>>3925806
game card
>>
When the fuck will China start making bootleg CD-based games so I don't have to get a modchip for my PS1?
>>
>>3913120
>tfw proper usb adapters introduce less input lag than most actual consoles

Feels good.
>>
File: sega shenmue.jpg (23KB, 688x470px) Image search: [Google]
sega shenmue.jpg
23KB, 688x470px
>>3925942
>people believe this
>>
>>3925942
Think about what your saying anon and try your opinion again
>>
>>3913171
As another anon pointed out, it comes from /g/. Not that it makes it any better but it's not going to change.
>>
>>3913373
Does anyone know of an bootleg N64 ED with the new firmware so you don't have to do this?
>>
>>3925928
When they think there's a market for it.
They just started making n64 carts, if they sell well, they might think about making cds as well.
>>
>>3925928
I can't picture a world in which you wouldn't just buy a modchip.

It's 5 bucks, you fucking retard. And then you can play games from any region, and discs are a million for a dollar.

You'd honestly rather pay 5 bucks a disc from China?
>>
>>3926339
No. All Chinese ED64s use the last firmware Krikzz made before he started implementing bootleg detection. If you try updating the firmware, it'll brick the thing.

You'll have to either get used to it, or get an official Krikzz ED64 V3.
>>
>>3926702
The other ones slowly get updates, is there some reason that N64 ED clones don't? My EDN8 clone shipped with OS V13, despite the item description saying OS V9.
Thread posts: 178
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.