[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paprium the new game for sega mega drive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: 1491480573031-1874040229.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
1491480573031-1874040229.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
So watermelon games (they made pier solar ) working for 5 years straight on a new sega genesis game ..... 24 levels 5 playable characters 3 save slots and it comes on a 80 meg cartridge . Pretty impressive stuff you can pre order it on .... www.paprium.com check it out guys ;)
>>
Loads of numbers, no signifiers that it's actually any good.
>>
Advertising is against the rules.
>>
>>3907436
Sounds like cum and paprika had a babby
>>
>>3907436
Hello fellow retro gamer. I'm sure going to check out this huge hit by Watermelon(tm)! Thank you for this wonderful tip!
>>
>>3907436
Fuck off Watermelon I know that's you because you type the exact same way in your tweets I saw when I was trying to find more than five seconds of actual gameplay footage. Also if you want people to preorder your game for the love of god have some actual gameplay footage up that's more than a brief epileptic flash.
>>
>3.14 MB JPG

Gee I wonder who's behind this post. Saged. Get a real job.
>>
>>3907436
Honestly I don't know why people making a big deal about Pier Solar. It looks okay I guess but nothing special. How's the gameplay and story?
>>
>>3907541
>How's the gameplay and story?

Very mediocre. Pier Solar is only hyped up because the standards for Genesis homebrew are very low due to a small amount of games. It's not hard to look good when the bulk of your competition is shit like Papi Commando and Sacred Line.
>>
File: 1459346469425.jpg (47KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1459346469425.jpg
47KB, 720x540px
>That embarrassing arcade stick
>>
ITT mad nintendoboys
>>
File: is this what you want.jpg (35KB, 379x214px) Image search: [Google]
is this what you want.jpg
35KB, 379x214px
>>3907436
>a few seconds of gameplay spliced with footage of some actor yelling
And you want us to give you money for this thing?
Next time you wanna advertise your product it may be helpful to actually show the product itself.
>>
>>3907579
This is the main issue with homebrew. The people who make it know they got the customer by the balls because it's either cough up the money now while it's still available at the risk of buying a bad game or wait until there's enough info out and deal with insane scalper prices on ebay if you really wanna play it.
>>
>>3907647
If they asked $20 for a game I could see taking the risk without knowing, but yeah it's a pretty ridiculous business model.
>buy my product
>you don't get to know the quality of the product
>you don't even get to know what the product is
>but you better buy it now because it'll be more expensive later
>here's an asian man yelling
>>
Looks almost like neo geo graphics and it costs less than the games originally cost back in the day.
>>
>>3907665
My wife loves it!
>>
>>3907669
This game has been confirmed to not work on a retron so if anything she'd hate it because now all the space is suddenly taken up by a Genesis.
>>
>>3907647
They could easily make a Demo ROM and release it freely.

... although since the game uses custom hardware, that might not be feasible.
>>
>>3907436
>80 meg cartridge

Slap Ultimate Mortal Kombat Trilogy on that hardware and i'll take it.
>>
>>3907573
>defending obvious shills

Good goy.
>>
>>3907682
Isn't it just the audio chip that's non-standard?
>>
Shilling on /vr/? Damn you guys are pathetic. I'm not talking about OP, I'm talking about the users. This thread should have gotten deleted instantly.

Thanks Watermelon games, I now know not to buy anything with your name on it. And /vr/, son i am dissappoint.
>>
>>3907647
Or you just emulate it and have no reservations. Its a less than good game made on a system that stopped production almost 30 years ago. Have zero reservations about emulating it instead of buying it.

If the devs are going to blatantly shill their garbage you should blatantly pirate their product. IF you like it alot, find someone to make you a custom cart afterward. Don't give money to these chucklefucks.

I remember a lot of retro gaming reviewers doing Pier Solar and it was painfully apparant they were paid to review it. None said anything bad about it, but nothing good either.

The games are subpar for what the company is charging for it. Their business practices are also suspect. I'd feel more morally correct pirating it, than I would giving Watermelon games my money.
>>
>>3907676
kek
>>
>>3907785
Typical millennial entitlement
>>
>>3907436
Regardless of how the game turns out to be, there's no way I'm going to buy it or not talk shit about it now. Get the fuck out.
>>
>>3907785
We don't even know how the game is though, if it's good I'd say it's worth buying as beat 'em ups are a dead genre, I don't have much hopes for it however
>>
>>3907776
Sorry, anon, I'm not a mod. I sage and report, the fuck else do you want me to do?
>>
>>3907850
Nothing. I apologize to you guys. I went off and did that post without even reading the thread. After I posted it I read the thread and you guys were giving them even more shit than I was to you.

You didn't fail anyone, I failed you guys. I should have trusted you to not be /v/ for old people. I still say no one should give niggermelon games any money though. I even think they should be publicly shamed for their practices.
>>
>>3907857
All good, bud.
>>
>>3907785
>Or you just emulate it and have no reservations

Usually they have copy protection to prevent that. It took awhile before Pier Solar was able to be emulated.
>>
>>3907875
Jesus christ. That only compounds the issue (not in watermelons favor). It also makes for a less than authentic experience. What other genesis games have copy protection in them?
>inb4 just Pier Solar
>>
>>3907883
>What other genesis games have copy protection in them?

Personally I don't know but considering Paprium is coming from the guys who made Pier Solar I wouldn't put it past them to use some sort of copy protection with it. Furthermore the game is using a special addon chip as well which would probably make it harder to emulate properly if it's something that hasn't been used before.
>>
>>3907889
I'm assuming an actual genesis would support the special chip right? it probably wouldn't take long to add that chip's function to an emulator. Either way it seems like they are using the Denuvo Mindset: thinking adding anti-piracy software is going to increase their sales instead of decrease them.

What if a random model of the genesis can't support the chip? if none fall under that category then it can be added to an emulator. Only problem is someone would have to buy a copy to see if it is that easy.
>>
>>3907896
>I'm assuming an actual genesis would support the special chip right?

Yeah on their site they claim the chip is the reason why only a real Genesis will be able to play it instead of a clone console. I really don't know what the hell they're thinking when it comes to anti-piracy because the type of person who preorders a homebrew game before there's even any considerable amount of footage to judge if the game is worth getting won't be the same person who would just emulate it anyway. Also just totally fucks over the people who haven't heard about the game while preorders were up and have to now either never play it, resort to ebay scalpers, or hope to god there will be a reprint in the future.
>>
>>3907905
I'd like to hear their reasoning for this. They are making a game on a console that hasn't been supported for over 25 years. Them making a game for it is not the same as it being supported.

You know what people can play on their clone consoles? actual genesis games
You know what people can play on their emulators? actual genesis games
You know what people can play on their failing 30 year old console? actual genesis games and 2 games from watermelon.

It isn't hard to see that that isn't a tradeoff worth making.
>>
>>3907883
It's not really copy protection in the traditional sense if you ask me.
They have to make their own mapper chip since they wouldn't be able to reproduce original ones and have them support games of that size.
Since no emulator will support that mapper architecture on release it of course does also act kind of like a protection from people playing illegally it but that's just till people reverse engineer it.
>>
File: 1309405402364.jpg (57KB, 365x295px) Image search: [Google]
1309405402364.jpg
57KB, 365x295px
>>3907545
Yeah, thought so.

>>3907785
>I remember a lot of retro gaming reviewers doing Pier Solar and it was painfully apparant they were paid to review it. None said anything bad about it, but nothing good either.
I don't watch a lot of reviewers but I at least have seen 2 instances of this kind of happening. One reviewer wasn't reviewing PS but he had the box and cover displayed on a table or something. The other actually reviewed the game but all they praised was the sound, nothing much about gameplay or story. Smells fishy indeed.
>>
>>3907776
In all fairness, there have been at least 4 of these shill thread for this game that have been deleted. Why this one remains is unknown.
>>
I'll probably buy this just so I can dump it and post it online. Pier Solar took ages to dump even though all you need to do is desolder it and shove it in a programmer (ie. how you dump every other game)
>>
>>3907436
>watermelon games
Is this another generic shounen jrpg?
>>
>>3908284
With Pier Solar it wasn't the method it was everyone jerking off about how they're morally superior for not wanting to dump it.
>>
>>3908284
Didn't it have some sort of AP as well?
I remember even after the ROM was dumped, it wasn't playable for a while, until somebody compiled a special version of Gens, and then later on it was integrated into the main release.
>>
TFW I have pirated everything pier solar including the Dreamcast version.
>>
>>3909043
It's a Streets of Rage style scrolling beat em' up
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.