[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Streaming retro stuff to twitch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: CpUysao.png (286KB, 1152x790px) Image search: [Google]
CpUysao.png
286KB, 1152x790px
Will these cheap chinese capture cards work for streaming retro stuff? I mean it takes HDMI, so assuming it can stream any hdmi input, any retro stuff would work no? Assuming I'm converting any output signal to hdmi.

My current setup is I play my games on my crt over rgb via scart. My tv actually has rgb output. So I was planning on taking the rgb (via bnc to scart) output, converting it to hdmi and then just running that into a capture device. I'm just hoping these cheap chinese ones will work.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PCI-E-Grabber-High-Definition-Video-Sources-PCI-E-HDMI-Game-Video-Capture-Card-/172166653077?tfrom=172318061422&tpos=left&ttype=price&talgo=undefined
>>
>>3907246
If your TV can do RGB over SCART you can afford to get a proper streaming card. Don't take a chance with cheap Chinese shit, especially stuff that goes inside your PC
>>
>>3907264
I did my own research alrady, seems like it'll work fine.
And as far as a 'proper streaming card' this seems like it uses the exact same chips on the more expensive avermedia capture cards. Obviously avermedia cards or equivalent have better customer support and packaging, but I don't see any reason why not to buy a chinese version. I'm not looking to spend a lot of money on streaming this shit to the 2 or 3 people who would actually watch it.
>>
>>3907246
Do what you want, it's your money
>>
>>3907246
As long as you are actually putting out the HDMI signal anything will suffice for it. The bigger issue would probably be getting something cheap that would actually handle RGB input properly.

Cheaper cards may also be limited to what inputs they can handle and may only be 30 fps. Audio lag is also possible, you might want to set it up so you can use 3.5mm to line in or similar instead of the embedded hdmi audio if that's the case.
>>
>>3907332
>Proceeds to ask questions and then states research has already been done
>>
Anyway to capture rgb scart without converting or any shit?
>>
>>3907246
You might want to get some thing that has input and output and can work as a pass-through. My capture card has about a 1-2 second delay when showing on my monitor, but plays fine on the TV connected to the card's output.
>>
>>3907419
There are cards that do analog RGBS capture but they generally use a VGA port so you'd need some way to split to VGA (with Sync on pin 13.)
>>
>>3907413

It's another one of those threads where OP isn't asking for advice, but for other people to validate his decisions.

OP can go fuck himself
>>
>>3907413
>>3907551
To be entirely fair, they asked else where as well after making the thread, so "did their own research" might not be the most accurate way to put it.
>>
I don't see why you want to get an HDMI only card for retro
>>
>>3907246
Get a splitter and an HDMI converter box and figure out the rest. A 60fps capture card would be preferable as some games won't display right due to flicker shit.
>>
>>3907264
What

My TV does RGB over SCART and I paid £5 for it

I can't afford a real card
>>
>>3908816
TV sets sold in North America rarely have any RGB inputs.
>>
>>3907246
>not recording thru a vhs then digitizing the footage later for that retro feel
>>
A lot of capture cards have a hard time with low resolutions.
>>
>>3909245
Not true
>>
File: in to the trash it goes.png (190KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
in to the trash it goes.png
190KB, 300x400px
>>3907246
>Streaming retro stuff to twitch
>>
>>3911205

Thanks for the long list of recommendations, buddy. Your comment is very useful. Faggot.
>>
>>3907264
>If your TV can do RGB over SCART you can afford to get a proper streaming card.

What???? Even some of the shittiest tvs in europe can do RGB over SCART.
>>
>>3911220
North American TVs didn't though, they made up a bullshit standard called S-video instead of just starting to use regular RGB.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.