[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For those of you interested, here is the new ROM depot link.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 16

File: cartridge.png (15KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
cartridge.png
15KB, 512x512px
For those of you interested, here is the new ROM depot link. Sorry for the downtime. Never renewed the domain and was busy with life stuff y'know. Enjoy

http://romdepot.endurehosting.com/
>>
I'd totally forgotten about this.
>>
Thanks.
>>
File: unknown.png (174KB, 413x387px) Image search: [Google]
unknown.png
174KB, 413x387px
I T S B A C K B I T C H E S
>>
File: thumbs up chaizard.png (125KB, 387x283px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up chaizard.png
125KB, 387x283px
Better than my old go-to, that's for sure.

It's always nice to have an alternative for times when GoG fails me.
>>
>>3906987
I bullied you years ago
Now you come back to my turf thinking I wont do shit famalam? well guess what you thought right
>>
>>3907018

Well honestly I was hoping we could come to like a peace treaty or something. I'm not gonna be a doucher
>>
File: fergferfin.png (24KB, 135x111px) Image search: [Google]
fergferfin.png
24KB, 135x111px
>my face when the rom depot is back
>>3906987
>>
File: Console-War-Text-2[1].jpg (56KB, 540x391px) Image search: [Google]
Console-War-Text-2[1].jpg
56KB, 540x391px
>>3907028
Thanks for continuing the site.
Its good. Typically I just download entire rampacks, but if I need a specific thing I will try and remember to use yours.
>>
>>3907031

I have a few rom packs on there if you're interested but it may not be as complete as others. If you see something missing I have an upload form too. Or you can just let me know and I'll get it up for you
>>
>>3906987
I had hoped this was dead a buried after you stopped your regular shilling
>check link
>dead
I feel much better now.
>>
>>3907136
Protip: he actually didnt shill it much, there was one guy just falseflagging threads to make him look bad.
>>
>>3907136

I mean, you can call it shilling all you want, but I'm not asking for money. It's completely free. It only cost me $15 a year for the domain. I made the site out of sheer boredom a couple years ago so I'd rather it just be used than anything.
>>
Why is the website down already?
>>
File: yare yare daze.gif (312KB, 530x320px) Image search: [Google]
yare yare daze.gif
312KB, 530x320px
RIP In Pepperoni
>>
>>3907229

Whoops sorry, should be back up in a bit. Updating a few things.
>>
File: She-is-sooooo-sexy-6.jpg (80KB, 618x800px) Image search: [Google]
She-is-sooooo-sexy-6.jpg
80KB, 618x800px
>>3906987
>romdepot.endurehosting.com/
doesn't work

so I'm hijacking this thread for some MAME advice

I can't use a joypad with Mame, and many of the games don't work.

when I use Mame32 frontend I can use the usb joypad but many of the games don't work.

so, if I don't use a frontend and just use the Mame window to load games, I can't get the joypad to work. I enable the joypad option in the properties and click Apply, but then when I load the game the joypad still doesn't work

>yes I have uploaded the joypad drivers and as I said it does work with the Mame32 frontend it's just that 80% of the games don't load on that frontend
>>
Site should be back now.
>>
>>3907285
It's up! I'll have to remember this page.
>>
>>3907284
If all else fails, use a keyboard mapper.
It maps joypad presses to keyboard input.
>>
>>3907136

>shilling without profit

I don't think that word means what you think it means
>>
>>3907284
>romdepot.endurehosting.com/

Works fine for me

Btw OP I love the Silence of the Lambs reference
>>
>>3907284
A) If games don't work, you either don't have the right version of the rom, or you are missing BIOS files, or it requires a .CHD and you don't have it. Easiest fix, download specific version roms and whatever version of MAME that goes with it. Or figure out which .CHD file it's looking for.

How to find out? Try running the game from command line. "Yourpathhere\mame64.exe gamename.zip" If it won't load, it will tell you exactly which files it was expecting you to have, as well as the .zip names the files expected to be in.

B) As for the joypad problem, try configuring the game and joypad AFTER the game is loaded. I use a PS3 controller, it works fine. If it doesn't recognize a button, I fix it after the game is loaded.
>>
>>3906987
Thank you man.
>>
>>3906987
Where did you get these PS1 isos? Are they the official [redump]s?
>>
File: download.png (58KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
58KB, 460x215px
>>3906987
OP is a gentleman and a scholar and I can't believe that people are even complaining.

The ScummVM collection is great! There are a number of new games it supports since the last time romdepot was up, could you perhaps add these? (see recent news on scummvm, or the current compatibility list).
>>
Why isn't there HTTPS?

You don't have to pay for it anymore.

Get HTTPS.

Please.
>>
File: Exhumedmap.png (487KB, 640x4000px) Image search: [Google]
Exhumedmap.png
487KB, 640x4000px
Checking your DOS folder.

Your versions of Powerslave/Exhumed are wrong.

The "Powerslave" rar is a crappy beta version.

Your "Exhumed" isn't Exhumed either and it's yet another Powerslave Beta.

That's on top of being rips which don't have the CD, therefore no music..

Please remedy this. These beta versions of Powerslave have been crippling the game ever since release and it STILL goes on everywhere on the internet. They're beta versions with glitches and fucked up visibility.

To make sure that you have the retail version, check the date of the exe. It should be:
Powerslave: December 04 1996
Exhumed: March 19 1997
>>
Is there not a proper copy of DOS Powerslave online anywhere? I have a retail copy.
>>
>>3907804
Upload away. Last time around you could do that with romdepot, not sure if you still can. I made sure it had the Maniac Mansion uncensored NES prototype last time.
>>
>>3907583

Haha, thanks, that's my favorite one

>>3907706
I do believe most of them came from pleasure dome. Maybe a few other places but mostly there.

>>3907736
Sure I'll check them out and get em up.

>>3907764
I didn't think it was really necessary as I'm not sending or receiving any private information. But considering it has other benefits and there's no reason not to, I'll go ahead and do it. There might be a bit of downtime while I get everything configured properly.

>>3907784
Thanks, I'll be sure to get that fixed.

>>3907815
Yes uploading should still work.
>>
>>3907764

Well, SSL appears to be working. Can anybody verify the sites speed is still acceptable compared to the unsecured version?

https://romdepot.endurehosting.com/
>>
>>3907909
Seems to be working fine.

Thank you very much.
>>
>>3907913

Yup, thank you. I am having a little problem with it retaining SSL on all pages but I'm working on it.
>>
>>3907916
Yeah I see the SNES page isnt working right.
>>
>>3907916
Use an HSTS response-header. It'll tell browsers to always use aand assume HTTPS
>>
>>3907957

Wow thank you, that was incredibly easy. I'd been trying to get the redirect to work this entire time and that worked instantly.
>>
>>3907965

Now that https is up, please let me know if there are any problems. I will not be home the next few hours but when I'm back I'll get the other things done that i said if get done.

If any pages load as http, let me know about that too. Thanks.
>>
>>3906987
Whats with the hype around this?
>>
>>3907979
open da site LOL
>>
>>3906987
Thanks actually I was looking for this a while again.

Got me a N64 and a PC-Engine Flashcart and didn't have roms.
>>
>>3907784

Could you let me know if this appears to be the right version? It has sound and is dated for 96. If so I'll replace the other version.

https://romdepot.endurehosting.com/roms/%5BPending%20Approval%5D/DOS/Powerslave%20%28U%29.rar
>>
>>3908101
If you've got Everdrives, check out this thread:

https://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?101715-MULTI-ROM-SET-EverDrive-Packs-Release-Thread

Also of interest for anyone after complete ROM sets:

https://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?56293-No-Intro-Collection-(Complete-ROM-Sets)
>>
ScummVM has been updated.
>>
>>3908191
are there any ROM sets that dom't have 40 'revisions' of each game? every set I get need hours of pruning to be even remotely usable.
>>
File: 1489529818245.jpg (10KB, 396x217px) Image search: [Google]
1489529818245.jpg
10KB, 396x217px
Haven't downloaded anything yet, but thank you for uploading all of this.
>>
>>3906987
I'd wondered what happened, glad you're still around and helping anons out.
>>
>>3908178
I'm not sure, since the dates on the files say 2009.

I could make a rar for each version for you but honestly I'd feel bad being responsible for sharing rips with no CD, since the game is supposed to have CD music.

Do you not take iso because of the size?
>>
>>3906987
where is msx? pc98?
>>
You know what really needs hosting? Japanese Windows games.
Trying to find them is a wild goose chase through dead links.
Tokugawa Corps for instance has new uploads once in a while but they die after a few months
http://fullmotionvideo.free.fr/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=3&sid=81775a68c2e0cbe143abc203edfdca45
>>
>>3908587
Outstanding, thank you very much! I've been waiting for ROMDepot to reappear for exactly this reason. NB: The filesize of the ScummVM full romset is incorrect (it says 1.34 GB on the website, but it's actually 17.3 GB), and it needs updating with the recently added content? (shows a 2015 date)
>>
>>3908587
Oh, just noticed that the ScummVM list doesn't include the two Sherlock Holmes games "The Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes: The Case of the Serrated Scalpel" & "The Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes: The Case of the Rose Tattoo"
>>
>>3908587
>>3908986
>>3909001
Sorry, third reply -- there's more missing from ScummVM, so I did a complete check; these are the missing games:
> 3 Skulls of the Toltecs
> Amazon: Guardians of Eden
> Backyard Baseball 2001 + 2003?
> Backyard Football 2002?
> Beavis and Butt-head in Virtual Stupidity
> Blue's Reading Time Activities
> Broken Sword 2.5: The Return of the Templars
> Chivalry is Not Dead
> Codename: ICEMAN
> Hi-Res Adventure #2: Wizard and the Princess
> Hoyle Classic Card Games
> Little Monster at School
> Magic Tales: Liam Finds a Story
> Mortville Manor
> Myst
> Myst: Masterpiece Edition
> Pajama Sam: Games to Play on Any Day
> Sfinx
> Soltys
> The Journeyman Project: Pegasus Prime
> The Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes: The Case of the Rose Tattoo
> The Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes: The Case of the Serrated Scalpel
> The Neverhood
> The Princess and the Crab
> U.F.O.s / Gnap: Der Schurke aus dem All
and lastly :)
> Plumbers Don't Wear Ties
>>
>>3909028
Also I know ScummVM definitely supports Riven, but didn't see that in the list.
>>
>>3907147
Protip: whiteknighting before the answer make you look even more retarded than you are.

>>3907154
Shilling is retarded no matter how young, retarded and poor you are.

>>3907582
>I don't think
At least you got that part right
>>
>>3909116
>whiteknighting before the answer
Protip: I have no idea what you're even speaking about you retard

>>>/int/
>>
>>3908938
Msx is on there, no pc yet but I can add it
>>
>>3908986
Ah thank you. I added many more yesterday and I'll need to update the set. I'll have that done later today
>>
>>3909001
Whoops, I must've missed that. I went down the compatibility list and checked each one manually and I think I had a Sherlock game or 2 so I must've assumed I had them all. I'll grab them later and throw them up
>>
>>3909028
Wow, thanks for doing that. There are a few games on there I had real trouble finding. Sfinx, salty, and journeyman namely. I'll run back through and try to find them though. I ignored the untested games too but I suppose I could add them anyway.
>>
>>3909159
Sfinx & Soltys is available free from ScummVM themselves: http://scummvm.org/games
>>
>>3909159
I've got the GoG copy of Journeyman:Pegasus Prime if you folks need it.
>>
>>3906987
Thank op. Even though I've cultivated most what's here it's nice to have a go-to set
>>
>>3909028
Don't forget the neverhood
>>
>>3908618
The Everdrive sets have all the ROMs separated by region plus stuff like romhacks and prototypes in their own separate folders. Just delete the folders you don't need.
>>
File: USO USO USO.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
USO USO USO.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>check playstation JP ISOs
>My face when no quiz naniro dreams iso

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6q99arp9e79om0u/%5BPSX%5D+Quiz+Nanairo+Dreams+-+Nijiiro+Machi+no+Kiseki+%5BSLPS-00875%5D.rar

Add it!
>>
>>3907136
>OP giving us free games
>fuck this guy he's so selfish

thanks op. I love your site. great to see it back.
>>
>>3909337
Why? You'll never play it. It'll just sit on your hd and give you the autism, because
>muh complete set.
>>
>>3909436
I'm sharing it because I have played it, silly.
>>
>>3909442
fuckin silly boys... every time
>>
>>3909327
Ah, that would make sense. I guess I've only ended up with no-intro sets thus far. thanks, anon.
>>
>>3909136
>noun
>shill
>never used that way ITT
lel
>>
I would really appreciate PC-98 roms on this site.
>>
>>3909997

Sure I'll get them on there soon
>>
Getting the rest of the scummvm games now as well as pc 98. Will be up in about 3 hours
>>
>>3908942
This. I've been searching for Harvest games (Psikyo port for PC) for years.
>>
>>3910410

Ok make that 4 or 5 hours or possibly tomorrow this is taking a while to download.
>>
For PC-98, try to use the Neo Kobe collection preferably. It's not complete yet, but they will be generally guaranteed to be working dumps of the games.

https://mega.nz/#F!jIgkXQDY!hE3FQNWl77DkzKErGdz35g
>>
>>3909028
>Plumbers Don't Wear Ties
My sides have evaporated.
>>
>>3910473
No rush dude. Take it easy.
>>
>>3910565
That link is great. Thanks a bunch!
>>
>>3909442
Have you won without cheating?
Even if you can fluidly and quickly read Japanese you still get confronted with tons of obscure questions.
>>
>>3907035
>http://romdepot.endurehosting.com/

Atari 2600: Cabbage Patch Kids Adventures in the Park is missing.

NES: No Battle Kid.
>>
Bump up the jam
>>
>>3906987
Thanks mate, I needed this shit too now that I'm getting some everdrives.
>>
>>3906987
Oh pee here haven't left I'm just out of town right now I have everything read for upload just need to get home and get it done.
>>
>>3910851
I've TRIED but the questions really truly suck.

Someday I'm gonna translate the shit out of that game, and make it the most IDEAL version of it with all the uncensored arcade content, revise the questions, and maybe make another version for 4channers.
>>
File: 1345816782802.jpg (110KB, 400x307px) Image search: [Google]
1345816782802.jpg
110KB, 400x307px
>>3906987
thank you based OP!
>>
>>3913883
Do it Anon.
>>
Damn. This is the first I've seen of this. Thanks, lads. This just made my week.
>>
live on
>>
Thank you anon. Downloading the Amiga & C64 sets. Been looking for a working C64 Alien Syndrome since my Cassette got chewed. Hope it's on there, but thanks either way, Legend!
>>
Thanks for your service! Wanted that DS set for a while.
>>
File: chrome_2017-04-10_12-00-15.png (3KB, 956x34px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-04-10_12-00-15.png
3KB, 956x34px
This is right or it's some kind of super compression?
>>
>>3915337
Yeah. It's compressed by excluding a bunch of games OP didn't feel like wasting time on. lel
>>
>>3909116

>projecting this hard

You are objectively a very stupid person. I feel sorry for you.
>>
File: The_Neverhood_-_box_art.jpg (108KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
The_Neverhood_-_box_art.jpg
108KB, 300x400px
>>3909028
You can get The Neverhood from archive.org
https://archive.org/download/Neverhood_The_1996_DreamWorks
Just a tip for people looking to play it, I didn't even need to use ScummVM. I installed by using an installer from the Sierra forums. They have one for Blade Runner too. Both work on my end.
http://sierrahelp.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=3925
>>
>>3915936
Forgot about Blade Runner
https://archive.org/download/Blade_Runner_1997_Virgin
>>
>>3915509
Actually the stupid person is the one who doesn't know the meaning of the word projecting.
>>
ScummVM has been updated again. May still be missing a few so if you see something let me know or feel free to upload it directly to the depot. PC98 coming next
>>
>>3915243
Hey OP, can confirm Alien Syndrome working for me, can't thank you enough.
Thanks for going to the trouble.
>>
>>3906987
>Harmful Park nowhere to be found
Awful
Glad to see you back
>>
>>3916575
Based OP thanks. These two are missing:
> The Journeyman Project: Pegasus Prime
> The Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes: The Case of the Rose Tattoo
>>
>>3906987
Apparently in the complete N64 romset the checksum for Hotwheel is fucked up.

Not that I really care, just letting ya kniow.

>tfw SD cards are on the way
>tfw flashcarts will be up in order shortly.
>>
Does this include hacks or fan-translations?
>>
>>3917992
In most cases, yes. The full ROM sets are organised by folder and have special sections for translations, hacks and homebrew.
>>
>>3918000
Does it have the fan-translation of the first King's Field game? I've looked for it else where but the only place Google gave me requires signing up to download anything.
>>
>>3906987
Wow OP. It looks like an FTP listing, clean as fuck
Domo Arigato
>>
>>3906987
Dumb question, but will these roms work with retropie?
>>
Just want to say I'm glad you brought this back OP. It's the nicest, quickest, and easiest to browse ROM domain that I know of. Better than fucking emuparadise, that's for sure. Anyone complaining or saying you did a bad job is a faggot desperate for attention.
>>
>>3918563
Game roms are universal for all emulators I believe
>>
>>3918616
Or will be until Byuu goes ultra-autisimo with BSNES/Higgan.
>>
>>3918589

You're welcome. It's the Internet I know how it goes. I pissed somebody off last time and apparently he ddosd me so I basically had to shut it down. For some reason I thought cloud flare cost money and I couldn't find a way to mass block a country (China of course) so I didn't think there was anything I could do. I wasn't about to pay for a domain that would basically be useless and I lost interest so I just shelved it for a while. But it's back now and I have no intentions of removing it. I lost the original domain because I waited too long but it's fine. This domain saves me money and actually helps keep it off google which I prefer. I'd rather share it with you guys than a bunch of Chinese bots. And to everyone else whose been in the thread, thank you for using the site and contributing. I'm glad I can I make things easier for you and I'll continue to add to the archive for years to come. Updates kind of come in waves as I work full time as a mechanic and I'm always at the shop but if you make a suggestion I promise I read and do my best to fulfill every one of them.
>>
>>3918635
I know it takes a lot of space, but is there any chance you might also include Wii ISOs?

It's hard to find a good source for them.
>>
>>3918649

Probably not, I feel that will get me into copyright troubles real quick if it caught on.
>>
there was alot of trolling about this awhile ago. thanks for the site -- more redundancy is always helpful.

>>3918890
a good decision. generally older ROMs are much safer.
>>
>>3910565

NEC PC-98 has been added. I was unable to use that link because downloading the entire thing was not agreeing with my browser. For now I've added a romset from another source so hopefully it's not too bad.
>>
>>3906987
Oh hey, thanks. I've been meaning to pick up the Blaster Master instruction manual for a few days, so this is handy.

>down + B for the special weapons
So that is how that works.
Thread posts: 118
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.