[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are our thoughts on the Namco Museum series?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (1020KB, 5120x3840px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1020KB, 5120x3840px
What are our thoughts on the Namco Museum series?
>>
Bretty gud
>>
Wonderful. I wish they had ported an arcade perfect Ridge Racer on Namco Museum for PS2 though
>>
>>3906362
well done, interesting facts
>>
>>3906362
I love it, however

They slowly added enhancements to the literal walking experience but the games kept getting worse I think. The best games were on Vol 1-3 or something.
>>
>>3906732
Really? Assault, Dragon Spirit, Legend of Valkyrie, Ordyne and Pac-Mania were on volumes 4 and 5, and those are some of Namco's best games.
>>
>>3906757
worse games?
>>
>>3909453
For you.
>>
>>3906362
It always gets my low poly boner going.
>>
How else can you even play bosconian besides owning the machine
>>
>>3910464
MAME
>>
>>3910464
It was in one of those TV Games things.
>>
>>3906362
Maximum comfy. The music, the sterile yet wondrous atmosphere, all the little tidbits and promo pieces for each game, the libraries with magazine covers, everything. I could walk in one of those museums for days.

It nailed the whole "vaporwave aesthetic" long before it was a twinkle in anybody's eye.
>>
File: 1485808865437.jpg (458KB, 643x900px) Image search: [Google]
1485808865437.jpg
458KB, 643x900px
>>3906757

its thanks to this i get to first experience these games and Genpei Toumaden

Pretty hard but rather ambitious arcade game, does anyone else enjoy this game
>>
>>3906362
I love it so much, the museum theme from vol.1 never fails to bring back so many memories of my childhood, honestly it brings me back too much, and I almost instantly get depressed after hearing it due to my desire to go back to those times.
>>
>>3910540
I do
>>
>>3910943
why
>>
File: pac man going BOOOBOO.png (1MB, 5120x3840px) Image search: [Google]
pac man going BOOOBOO.png
1MB, 5120x3840px
>>
File: conelley 2.png (1MB, 5120x3840px) Image search: [Google]
conelley 2.png
1MB, 5120x3840px
>>
>>3912843
because it's fun and unique
>>
>>3912859
This room was cool, but the late volumes' rooms and hallways were so uncomfy.
>>
File: galaxian3_osaka_3.jpg (369KB, 960x700px) Image search: [Google]
galaxian3_osaka_3.jpg
369KB, 960x700px
Reposting one of the coolest fucking things ever. Namco's "Wonder Eggs" game amusement park. Featuring the 28-player Galaxian 3 moving theater.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5KJeyhyAMw
>>
>>3912949
Dang that would have been amazing to visit. Namco hardware and technology was so advanced I'd say more so than Sega.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lipsOp-JWNo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzwygamZVFQ

>>3912859
Namco museum has the best aesthetics.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49ZK_EVWIBM
>>
I loved walking around the museum, so comfy.
>>
its good so far. I just bought Volume 1 yesterday. It has odd loading times and a weird control scheme where you have to press TRIANGLE and SELECT at the same time to back out. Galaga is good, and surprisingly Bosnian is kind of like the best. Must be played on CRT. I want to play with a fighting joystick to see if that works. I hear the later volumes have some good games. Loading times are a moderate.
>>
File: 1477071762753.jpg (29KB, 583x442px) Image search: [Google]
1477071762753.jpg
29KB, 583x442px
>>3906362
Good
But I accidentally got the FUCKING greatest hits version of one of them
>>
>>3912949
thanks for the share. Very niche. Cant imagine many people know about this.
>>
>>3910492
That's true a friend in high school had one of those.... like 12 years ago... so dope
>>
I like all of the games I did play. In fact I think the PS2 Namco Museum was the first videogame I ever played. Vol 3 for PSX was also a favorite simply because of Dig Dug.

At this point I'm a little miffed that Bandai Scamco doesn't have much in the way of physical museums in their archive games anymore, e.g. the (somewhat) recent Pac-Man Museum not having any exhibits for old Pac-Man history but rather just choppy models of the Disney XD reboot.
>>
Phozon on Volume 3 was fun. I know there's a trick/pattern to it, is there a strategy guide anywhere online for it?
>>
>>3906362
>What are our thoughts on the Namco Museum series?

Dig Dug II is tragically almost never included in these collections, despite being the superior sequel. Luckily there was an NES port, otherwise this game might otherwise be lost to obscurity.
>>
Volume 4 looks like it's the best.
>>
>>3906732
A lot of """professional""" tend to dislike the later volumes because of their ignorance on the games in later volumes, such as Genpei Tōmaden and Legend of Valkyrie, which were mostly hits in Japan but unknown everywhere else. It's because of their ignorance that we never got Encore localized.

>>3917051
All the Namco Museums after the PS1 series were outsourced.

>>3917230
I think it was included in the DS version.
>>
>>3917762
>It's because of their ignorance that we never got Encore localized.
dammit all
>>
>>3917762
>All the Namco Museums after the PS1 series were outsourced.
Elaborate? Source?
>>
Really wish there was an all-in-one compilation with everything the series has ever given us- all the extras, all the Arrangement games, the PS1 museum format. Hell, I don't think the Arrangement games have reappeared since the early 2000s, which is a damn shame.
>>
>>3917762
>>>3917051 #
>All the Namco Museums after the PS1 series were outsourced.
You lie
>>
It's really sad that they gave up on all the actual 3D museum parts on the later Namco museum entries, the closest we got was that one world on Playstation home where for one vending machine, you had to agree that you understood that some Namco franchise was Japan only before getting something from a chance game, and even then the whole thing paled in comparison to Irem's godlike world.

Could you imagine what Namco could do for a virtual arcade with today's hardware?
>>
File: 1474671924782.jpg (175KB, 600x579px) Image search: [Google]
1474671924782.jpg
175KB, 600x579px
Did anyone else here play any of the Atari collections? I still own pic related. I got it mostly for Gauntlet and Millipede.
>>
>>3906369
>I wish they had ported an arcade perfect Ridge Racer on Namco Museum for PS2 though

Ridge Racer Type-4 for PS1 includes a bonus disc with a retooled version of Ridge Racer that runs at 60 FPS. I believe it's otherwise just a direct port of the PS1 version though. Might be something to look into.
>>
>>3923995
I don't play midway trasher
>>
>>3923996
They game literally calls itself a demo, where it only includes one other AI. It's not quite definitive.
>>
>>3917051
>exhibits for old Pac-Man history but rather just choppy models of the Disney XD reboot.

Fuck this shit. I would've been fine if they had included them somewhere in the museum, since they are part of pac-man history, but having only them?
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.