[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Rolypolys Games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: funfunfun.png (85KB, 214x164px) Image search: [Google]
funfunfun.png
85KB, 214x164px
A long, long time ago, you might recall we found Osamu Sato's game "Chu-Teng", which was lost media.

Then, a year later, we found "Garage: Bad Dream Adventure", which was also lost media.

However, we've done nothing to find the OTHER lost games by Osamu Sato; the two Rolypolys games. And I think it's about time we did something about this. Mostly for both how long it's been, and because Sato's actually releasing a new album, so why not?
>>
File: Horror Tour 3 front cover.jpg (438KB, 794x1204px) Image search: [Google]
Horror Tour 3 front cover.jpg
438KB, 794x1204px
>>3905540
Zeddas 3 is top priority.
No one wants to play baby minigame simulator + Sato art.
>>
>>3906795
still happy I donated $40 to the recovery auction for Garage.

I want HG101 to die, however. Bunch of idiots.
>>
I actually read some articles on the internet talking about /vr/'s landmark discovery of Chu-Teng.

From HG101 article
>Similarly to how some films didn't survive the test of time or war, Chu-Teng was thought to have disappeared - it had become a "lost game". Well, that's what fans thought before some guys from 4ch's /vr/ board - who can do great stuff when they don't spend their time insulting each other - decided they would put their hand on this game, whatever the costs.

Classic. Can't believe I was in that thread. I feel like I'm part of shitty internet nerd history now.

Also holy shit I had to delete and resubmit this post a few times because I'm an idiot at formatting.
>>
Any news about the Garage translation or is it still dead?

>>3906456
Also what is this, I don't think I've heard of these guys.
>>
>>3906456

i want to play labryinthe so bad. Someone HAS to have it.
>>
>>3905540
What are the Rolypolys games about?
Isn't there some video somewhere?
Also where can i listen to the album? Sato's music is elder god tier, really underrated
>>
>>3907296
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=torb-9PC5ks

This is the only one I know of that really shows the game.
When it came out I contacted the video uploader to see where he got the footage from. He said it was posted on Vine (presumably from one of the very few known owners of the game) and all he did was compile them all into a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2AHagUsNgE

There's also this that shows a promotional slot game or something.
>>
>>3907319
Okay
So there are two Roly Poly games (i think?)
I'm assuming these were japan only?
>>
I came across a bunch of japanese online stores
All of them said that it was unavailable
>>
Could someone just email Sato if he has a copy or something? lol

Though I feel like someone on here has already tried that.

You'd think he'd at least have a single copy we could dump online or something
>>
>>3907754
I think that's usually the first thing people tried, as they messaged him about Chu-Teng and even he didn't have a copy. Odds are he won't have these either.
>>
lost game hunts aren't exactly something that yields results the more effort you put into them. with chu teng and garage it was kind of miraculous that we had the opportunity to buy them, but for the most part these searches die down because anons have already exhausted every possible lead and the only thing left to do is wait for some cheeky bitch to find/own a copy and be willing to share. with the rolypolys games, we know there are at least a few copies in existence, but the Japanese owners refuse to share them, either in fear/respect of Japan's strict piracy laws or because it would devalue their collection.

basically, don't expect any real enthusiasm without some new leads, for now the best thing to do is wait and occasionally check the Japanese auction sites.
>>
>>3907228
There was never a Garage translation project and it's not possible since the files are encrypted.
>>
There is a couple of Japanese people on twitter who have copies of the Rolypolys games, but they don't want to sell them. At least we know copies exist out there.
>>
Interestingly enough there is a copy of Garage up for sale on a site I frequent. It doesn't have any listing records of ever getting in Rolypoly or Zeddas 3. I honestly wouldn't pay the prices some of these obscure games would cost, because the level of quality is unknown. Is there any more media of Zeddas 3, like pictures or videos?
>>
File: 1404426666251.png (8KB, 1275x99px) Image search: [Google]
1404426666251.png
8KB, 1275x99px
>>3908435
Only the front and back cover on the Amazon JP listing. It was sold once (just once) on Yahoo Japan since it was released.
>>
>>3908440
If that's really the only sold listing, makes me wonder if it was truly released, because usually more images posted of something that is fully released even if it is just 1 or 2 more images. My guess is that it was either around 200 or less copies, or it was never fully released and this was one of the developer versions.

Zeddas 3 might actually be truly lost. Which is unfortunate, as I don't like media being withheld or lost to time. I am glad to see that people actively care about finding this stuff and getting it out there. I just worry that when it comes to non-retro stuff being lost nobody will care, even worse if it is digital only.
>>
>>3908197
Shit. It's a shame too because stuff this obscure and relatively unimportant probably wont ever have the effort put into it to make it understandable.

>>3907754
I'm don't know if I ever saw anything definitive, but I don't think he owns a copy of anything he's done. Certainly not something like rolypoly.
>>
>>3907754
Seems like Sato doesn't have the copy
Maybe someone else from OSD company could have it?
>>
>>3908812
That's true. Has anyone looked though the credits of previous games to see people who've worked with him?
>>
I was a "big" part or recovering Chu-Teng, but to be completely honest i don't think i did something so special...
There was a thread about it here, and someone posted a screenshot of someone in a forum talking about how they had a physical copy of it.
All i did was finding the actual post in that forum, found the guy's skype in his profile on that forum, and contacted him linking him to the thread, from there people tried to convince him to dump the disc, which he was against for some japan related laws about copying suff IIRC, then i dont know if /vr/ managed to convince him or if someone else with a copy of it was found.
>>
>>3908087
>lost game hunts aren't exactly something that yields results the more effort you put into them. with chu teng and garage it was kind of miraculous that we had the opportunity to buy them
>for now the best thing to do is wait and occasionally check the Japanese auction sites.

But we *didn't* have to buy Chu-Teng. The ongoing conversation here eventually got the attention of a Japanese anon who owned the game, and they ripped and uploaded it for free. If we'd kept quiet and waited for leads to materialize, that actually wouldn't have happened.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.