[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are western developers notorious for funneling money? Pic related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: trespasser.jpg (175KB, 800x796px) Image search: [Google]
trespasser.jpg
175KB, 800x796px
Why are western developers notorious for funneling money?

Pic related
>>
>>3905523
Because a sperg on youtube told you they are?
>>
>>3905523

>funneling money

What do you mean? Are you saying Trespasser was expensive to make? I'd believe it, this game had revolutionary physics technology. Their mistake, and it's why the game looks and feels so janky, was that instead of animating the models and only using physics for props/ragdoll corpses, they tried to have the physics engine handle movement and everything else it could. So the dinosaurs, for example, were constantly in a "physics" mode but the AI just wasn't up to simulating good muscle movements on the fly like that, so as a result the dinosaurs move like they're QWOP.
>>
>>3905523
Shenmue was like $70 million so I'd say the japs were better at that.
>>
>>3906460
>What do you mean? Are you saying Trespasser was expensive to make?

https://tcrf.net/Jurassic_Park:_Trespasser

There's more wrong with it than just having naff physics. It's clear on some level the money wasn't going to where it should have been or there was no proper planning at all -- and so it was probably funneled like Gearbox did with Aliens Colonial Marines
>>
>>3905523
stop hating on the 8th best dinosaur game faggots
>>
>>3906529
I am not a fan of Shenmue, but you can see where the money went. (Especially when you learn about the Saturn version)
>>
I actually enjoyed Trespasser. I found it at a flea market a few years ago and played through it in one sitting. The gun play actually isn't that bad once you get used to it plus there's some pretty cool lore and a fantastic narration by Richard Attenborough. Easily worth the 50 cents I paid for it.
>>
>>3906541
straight into the trashcan seeing as how sega refuses to touch the series again
>>
>>3907146
And also having a huge, successful Kickstarter?

I think it says a lot about Shenmue as a franchise. I don't think a Trespasser 2.0 on Kickstarter would even come close.
>>
File: 1446092065873.gif (999KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
1446092065873.gif
999KB, 250x251px
>>3905523
Why do you think Trespasser is a case of that? Yeah it's a bad game but it turned out bad because they were more focused on pulling off a ton of revolutionary things for its time before actually trying to make a game that was fun to play. Part of the reason the game has such a cult following is because it's really fascinating to see what they accomplished years before any of it became the norm.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.