[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Genesis Cables.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

Sup /vr/, I'm fixing up a dusty old Genesis and I need some advice.

A little background, brother got me a Genesis/CD he found in some crackhead's house last September for my birthday, and I'm only now getting around to fixing it up.

All I have for it is the CD's power supply. Literally no other Cables. No controllers either save for the Konami Justifier. The real kick in the head is the one game that came with it in the CD system isn't even Snatcher, it's Formula One: Beyond the Limit.

So I know I need to get a power supply for the Genesis part of it. As for the RCA cables, will any old cables do? Or does the Genesis need a specific set of RCAs?

Then there's this port in the back of the Genesis part that reads "adaptor." I recall from the 32x episode of AVGN that it was for hooking the 32x into the system. It has no use outside that right?

Thanks ahead of time, will appreciate any help.
>>
>>3904590
You need cables are for a Genesis Model 2. They cables that connect into the console are smaller than Genesis Model 1.
>>
>>3904590
Well its a Model 2 so youll want to look up anything you can relating to that.

If you have money you can look for HD Retrovision cables, but they are pricey.
>>
>>3904607
>>3904612
Yeah I knew about the model and everything. Didn't know there were cables specific to the different models though.

Taking a pic of the back so I can maybe get a decent shopping list going.

Literally only the CD's AC adaptor.
>>
>>3904617
I found the MLIG videos most helpful. It's a good overview and they tend to make pretty comprehensive videos. I've found it helpful while looking at buying a genesis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT9OnPjQKWY
>>
>>3904617
Why not look in the manuals and see exactly what cables you need and how it all connects?
>>
Just because someone's a crackhead doesn't mean you can go in their house and steal their Genesis
>>
>>3904617
Make sure you get video and power cables that are for the model 2. Model 1s use different connectors. You can probably find some cheap knock-offs that will get the job done. That said, you can use the audio out on the SCD instead of the audio through the composite cable. The "mixing" port on the SCD is for the 32X, so you don't need to bother with it. Also, the power cable for the SCD is the same as the model 1 Genesis and I believe the Game Gear as well.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.