[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Games that were too hard as a kid, then you came back to them

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: download.jpg (15KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
15KB, 225x225px
Games that were too hard as a kid, then you came back to them years later and they were STILL FUCKING HARD

what's her name /vr/? ever beat it?
>>
File: Little Nemo Ending.jpg (1MB, 2934x5216px) Image search: [Google]
Little Nemo Ending.jpg
1MB, 2934x5216px
>>3904162
Little Nemo: The Dream Master.

Could not beat that train stage as a kid, but about a year ago I sat down with it and pushed through the entire game, but it was definitely still hard as fuck. Pic related.
>>
>>3904162
How does this make any sense? If anything kids have more time to spare, and have more dedication, learn faster and have quicker reflexes.

You don't get better at games just because you're older.

I hate how society treats kids like retards. It's exactly when you think that way that you prevent them from reaching their true potential.
>>
>>3904175
I think practice is a key element. I got better at gaming over time the same way I got better at playing guitar over time. Plus, retro games are the first games I ever played growing up, so I was a noob at everything for a while
>>
Streets of Rage 3 (western version obvs)
>>3904175
there are many games I couldn't beat as a kid (and was pretty bad to boot) that I conquered as an adult. Hard Corps & Alien Soldier come to mind
>>
>>3904175
If a kid struggles in school, then that kid is retarded. The "hidden potential" bullshit is just a lie to make them feel better about themselves.
>>
>>3904892
Wow, friend.

>>3904162
Frogger was brutal. Frogger 2 is still a blast
>>
>>3904175
Because kids (generally) have less patience to learn a game inside and out like an adult does. Of course, it loops back around to the adult not having the time to learn like a kid does.

Adults usually have an advantage in videogames because they can approach the game's challenges logically and think them through. Kids can do that too, but it's not as common.
>>
>>3904175
How does it feel being autistic?
>>
>>3904191
And kids have more time to practice.

>>3905218
>(generally)
That's the thing. Generalizations about kids are stupid and generally just imply "kids are retarded".

As for having less patience, if anything I think kids have more, too. I've grown over it but not long ago, if I died in a game and I deemed the death "bullshit" I'd stop playing, even though as a kid I'd have started the game over. I think this is the case for many adults too, when you have less free time, you'll also have less patience for this kind of things. That's the reason why so many adults abuse and defend savestates, even though as kids they'd have started the game over.

What I'm saying basically is I don't understand how anyone can claim "kids are worse than adults" at video games. It's a case by case basis that has little to do with age.
>>
The only reason this game is difficult is because the camera is zoomed in so close that you can't see your surroundings, which requires you to make constant leap of faiths that often lead to death.
>>
>PS1 frogger

Colecovision Frogger was a real bitch. Never played ps1 version.
>>
But as for a hard game, I guess it would have been Return to Silius.
Still can't get anywhere with it today.
>>
>>3904175
>Guys I never played video games just here to shitpost t b h
>>
>>3904162
Fucking donkey kong country
>>
>>3904162
Fuck the sewers.
Fuck the clouds.
Fuck the Grand Canyon.
And FUCK golden frogs.
>>
>>3904168
Train stage was rough, the flying level was rough, but I remember the last boss being pathetically easy. Funny how the underwater level was actually one of the easier ones. Level 2 was a dick if I remember right.

TMNT on NES is my pick. As a kid I got stuck on level 3 on the jump that is impossible in the DOS port. Years later I came back and made the jump on my second try. Apparently I was too stupid as a kid to consider tapping jump instead of mashing it down. Beat the bastard, though I did have to look up how to get past the final hallway. Level 2 was never hard.
>>
File: 1365591550899.jpg (22KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
1365591550899.jpg
22KB, 500x376px
I used to play Bart vs. Space Mutants as kid thinking it was one fine Simpsons game. It even had nice graphics. Years later I saw the AVGN episode and thought it would be nice to revise the game to see if it really was that hard, and yes, it was.
I don't know how my kid brain thought it was a simple game. I guess it's just one of those childhood things when everything you do is so simple, and adults can't follow. I even played it with a joystick controller with no problem, what the fuck.
>>
>>3904175
Kids do not learn faster than adults.They're fucking kids, they ARE kind of retarded. You'll get scarily good 14-16 year olds, but literal kids? No, their brains aren't even full size.
>>
Power Rangers the movie on snes
The lion King on the snes
>>
File: little baby butthurt.jpg (35KB, 609x406px) Image search: [Google]
little baby butthurt.jpg
35KB, 609x406px
>>3904175
Top kek kid. Your pathetic post is your true potential. Run along now. Go cry to mommy and she'll tell you what a special little snowflake you are.
>>
>>3905304
Have you read enders game
>>
>>3904175
Name me one kid who can 1CC Dodonpachi
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.