[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just started playing Mother 1, so far loving the visuals and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

Just started playing Mother 1, so far loving the visuals and music.

Is the grinding really that excessive? Should I use the easy ring that comes with the translation to avoid retarded amounts of grind or can I play it fine without it?
>>
the grinding isn't as bad as people make it out to be. you only really need to grind when you get a new party member (because they always start at level 1), and the game gives you access to Magicant very early on, which is an easy place to grind anyway
>>
Grinding isn't my problem with M1 (at least until Mt. Itoi)
What really bothers me is the ridiculous encounter rate, but I guess that comes with the territory when playing a JRPG on NES
>>
party members join at level 1

the pompadour guy is quite powerful despite that
>>
I also just started playing.
I like how every enemy has different musical theme.
Also, FUCKING HIPPIES!
>>
Just hit the speedup button on a few sections and grind through some monsters to level up
>>
>>3903676
yes, the gameplay is typical nes rpg grindfest, you wont be missing anything
>>
>>3903676
It's not necessary. If you find yourself needing to grind and find that tedious, then equip it. But see how you like it without the ring first.
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 708x800px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 708x800px
>>3903676
>Just started playing Mother 1, so far loving the visuals and music.

If you love the music you should check out the official OST that gave them lyrics so you can sing along in game, even if it's in your own head. Especially when you complete the 8 melodies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBbRJoHTJAM&list=PL5E7C30745BE1ABE4

Mother 2 have lyrics for the ending song too if you ever replay it!

I am so motherfucking shitty at videogames and I didn't even need to grind in this game, although I think I did a little bit in Magicant but it was easy. Wandering around gave me all the experience I needed. I'm not really a fan of the addition of the easy ring because it just seems wrong to add it when developers didn't intend it even if NES RPGs are outdated today.
>>
File: miyazaki-akira-032.jpg (494KB, 1000x1415px) Image search: [Google]
miyazaki-akira-032.jpg
494KB, 1000x1415px
>>3903676
In my dozen or so playthroughs I find there are four points in the game you need to grind at overall.
1. Leaving your house for the first time
2. First entering magicant
3. When Lloyd joins
4. When Ana joins

After grinding Ana I never really grind after that point. Remember to be smart with tools and what you have. Things like bread crumbs and lasers will help, don't be stingy in item use. Its a great game, hope you enjoy it anon.
>>
Great game. Your total grind sessions shouldn't exceed an hour which isn't too bad.
>>
File: Magicant_in_Mother.jpg (57KB, 256x240px) Image search: [Google]
Magicant_in_Mother.jpg
57KB, 256x240px
The advice I can give you is that you shouldn't miss the Onyx Hook item on the way out of Magicant, you can use that as an instant teletransportation to Magicant any time you want. Once you get the teleport PSI power (later in the game), you can pretty much travel anywhere you've been and use Magicant as a hub or a safe spot.
Also, Ninten's 4th D-slip is 100% effective, you can use that to escape any fight you don't want to fight.
Grinding is not necessary, if by grinding we understand stayin on the same place killing the same zakos to gain exp. But the encounter rate is high, like most other RPGs of the era.
Just go and keep fighting enemies, escaping when necessary and anyway if you die, it's not even a big deal, you keep all the exp, you only lose half the money you're carrying (which isn't a problem because you can keep all your money on the ATM)
>>
>>3904483
I'm just having some problems with the high encounter rate so far, but I think I can bear it.

Anyway, just got to Magicant. Feels like the game is gonna be kinda short.

>>3904424
Great stuff, gonna listen to it all while progressing in the game.

>>3904516
I'll keep this things in mind.
>>
File: tumblr_ojur18EMCU1sv39b4o1_1280.png (900KB, 1022x815px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ojur18EMCU1sv39b4o1_1280.png
900KB, 1022x815px
>>3904718
It is kinda short but that's more because of what has become expected of games. Have you played the others? The other two games are much more manageable. Enemies on the overworld make encounters feel more fluid and less random. Both should be beatable without grinding.
>>
>>3903676

The grinding isn't bad.

Protip, buffs debuffs and status effects are all very useful, especially during the endgame on Mt. Itoi. Also, don't be afraid to use plenty of PP and items during hard fights, especially after you learn PK Magnet, at which point you can just paralyze an enemy and sap its PP.
>>
>>3903676
>Should I use the easy ring
Yes
>>
>>3903676
Protip: use and abuse the bread item.
Free teleports with breadcrumbs, casuals that complain about this game cant into bread strats
>>
File: mother1fish.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
mother1fish.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>3905830

>>3904516 here, I totally forgot about the bread.
Using onyx hook and bread crumbs is a great combination.

To think my first playthrough of the game I didn't know how to use the bread, and I didn't even got the hook (I think I completely missed the boss that gives it, since it's not mandatory), but I still could manage just well without needing the easy patch.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.