[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Robotnik consistently shown running faster than Sonic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

File: 500.gif (272KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
500.gif
272KB, 500x313px
Why is Robotnik consistently shown running faster than Sonic in multiple games?
>>
He had to get to the final boss machine somehow. Wouldn't be very cool if you just caught him after destroying the penultimate boss machine and the game ended.
>>
File: boredom.jpg (28KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
boredom.jpg
28KB, 500x334px
>>3902404
>consistently
We've talked about this already. He has has an Emerald battery in his butt that gives him short bursts of speed - such as between vehicles - but Sonic is still naturally faster.
>>
>>3902410

They didn't need to have him run. He could've had one of those smaller egg machines each time to transport him forward. It would've been more believable that a machine with jet propulsion could outrace sonic.
>>
Robotnik was so powerful he ruled the world and had it move around him rather than vice versa. But because Sanic is SO FAST he can still step it up...
>>
Because it's funny.
>>
>>3902404
Cybernetic legs
>>
>>3902404

What is that black, white-eyed thing wearing the funny hat that Sonic is chasing?
>>
>>3902541
can unsee easily
>>
>>3902404
Because Sonic has a hero complex, like Batman or Superman. Sonic won't kill robotnik because if he did, his importance would dwindle to nothing. The others wouldn't need him to keep saving them.
So Sonic never attacks Robotnik directly. Though Sonic isn't the brightest so he doesn't realize how making fat people run isn't very good for their longevity either.
>>
>>3902557

>making fat people run isn't very good for their longevity either.

Spotted the fatty.
>>
>>3902557
>making fat people run isn't very good for their longevity either.
I was fat. I ran a lot and now I am not fat and much healthier for it. Explain that one, Dr. Quackenstien!
>>
>>3902612
>>3902632
I meant making a fat middle aged man abruptly start running.
>>
>>3902404
I AM GOD
>>
Humans are faster than hedgehogs
>>
>>3902404
Robotnik is shaped like an ostrich. Ostriches run fast as fuck.

Bam, logic.
>>
>>3902404
Sonic is actually running slow because he gets turned on seeing Robotnik's fat rolls jiggle as he runs as fast as he can.
>>
File: 358553-scsh74060.jpg (43KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
358553-scsh74060.jpg
43KB, 960x540px
I don't know. It's like why does Sonic run at the same speed as Mario at the Olympic Games?. Does Sonic just like to play fair?
>>
>>3902404

Sanic is only fast from his own perspective. All the robots are shitty and slow. Robotnik is the speed of a normal human.
>>
>>3902404

He's a Teddy Roosevelt clone. He was one of the most badass American presidents of all time, and was very athletic for a fat man.

But if you want a red pill answer, the truth is that the sonic games relied on the saying "show don't tell" and in place of dialogue informing you that what you defeated isn't even his final form, the game instead shows you Robotnik running from his previous (destroyed) form into another form which the player will most likely understand to be the final boss if he isn't retarded. The devs didn't consider how this might conflict with lore because most of the lore was written by the marketing department and comic/cartoon spin-offs created completely independently of the people who made the video games. From the original vidya developers' POV, there's no reason Eggman can't run as fast as Sonic if they want him to.
>>
>>3902417
Sonic doesn't want to catch him.
>>
>>3903228
Sonic doesn't take anything seriously. He's incapable of giving a fuck about anything.
>>
>>3902557
>>3903228
>>3903256
>>3903258

Sonic is like Goku.
>>
File: strawman.gif (7KB, 186x173px) Image search: [Google]
strawman.gif
7KB, 186x173px
>>3902404
He's just a figment of Sonic's imagination, it's like chasing an eye floater
>>
>>3902404
The clock isn't changing.
A Nintendouche obviously made this fake webm
>>
>>3903269
You mean thats not the real actual game embedded in OPs post??
>>
>>3903275
I can't tell, it's surely not how the devs intended it.
>>
>>3903269

One of my favorite games, played it a billion times in my youth. OP isn't lying, you can't catch up to Robotnik at this part (and there's another part like it in Sonic 2).
>>
>>3902404
He's running for his life.
>>
>>3903250
>one of the most badass American presidents of all time
Upboated :^) I too read cracked
>>
>>3902541
underrated post
>>
>>3903339

Cracked hasn't been good since the early 10's.

[spoilers] I listen to Dan Carlin's Hardcore History podcast a lot [/spoilers]
>>
Sonic has a low acceleration and in the original games couldn't get to max speed without either spindashing or gaining momentum from going down slopes. Sonic isn't going at his full speed in these situations.
>But you can still spindash after Robotnik.
Maybe, as a mechanic in the game. But perhaps that isn't canonically what happened. Keep in mind, whenever Sonic is running after Robotnik it's after a physically demanding boss battle. Maybe Sonic is too tired to go at max speed unassisted.
>>
>>3903339
This is going to blow your mind but Teddy is one of the most beloved presidents right next to Franklin Roosevelt and Lincoln. But of course since one website stated a common view that means everyone who has it must be from that website right?
>>
>>3902541
>>
sonic represents the manlets struggle. Despite doing 4 times as much effort, he travels less distance than eggman who's stride is far larger. Eggman is clearly at least 6'0 while sonic maybe 5'10?
>>
Robotnik's obsession with eggs has caused him to have high cholesterol. Ever since he got a lipid panel, he decided to exercise more, but he's never read /fit/. Because he's autistic (obsessed with one thing, eggs), he is unable to properly diet, hence his unusual figure, baldness. It's not far fetched to say Robotnik also has body dysmorphia; he's not that bothered by looking like the thing he loves.
>>
Why is Robotinik called Eggman in Murica?
>>
>>3903587

He isn't. Robotnik was his original American name. Eggman is Japanese.
>>
>>3903258
Too much 'tude
>>
>>3903358
Andrew Jackson is the best president because he shot a bunch of people.
>>
File: The truth has been revealed.png (16KB, 306x228px) Image search: [Google]
The truth has been revealed.png
16KB, 306x228px
>>3902541
Here's him without the disguise.
>>
>>3903418
Sonic confirmed for manler
>>
>>3904259
Eggman is just the yin to Sonic's yang. Sonic is fast, motivated, focused and true to himself. Eggman is slow, lazy (makes robots to do his work), not detailed oriented (that's why he was always loses) and hides behind the hat and Eggman persona. But In the right circumstances they adopt each other's traits. When stressed Eggman can run, without a goal Sonic becomes lazy, siting at the beach eating chilli dogs.
>>
File: dJE4v0b.jpg (11KB, 200x176px) Image search: [Google]
dJE4v0b.jpg
11KB, 200x176px
Robotnik kept one of these in his survival kit for emergencies like these.
>>
File: STOP.png (137KB, 293x282px) Image search: [Google]
STOP.png
137KB, 293x282px
>>3902872
>Bam
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.