[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So.. whats the second best option to replace a N64 stick? first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: N64_Stick_Internals.png (2MB, 1600x1313px) Image search: [Google]
N64_Stick_Internals.png
2MB, 1600x1313px
So.. whats the second best option to replace a N64 stick? first one being buying a mint condition OEM controller at not an absolute retarded price.

Ive tried with those Gamecube style replacement sticks and it fucking sucks.

Is there any other option that gives good results? the guy making those Steel Sticks has a huge waiting list.
>>
>>3902059
>you know that you can just replace the analog part right?

thats exactly what i did and replacement stick sucks, cant you into reading comprehension? do you work at Bioware?
>>
File: IMG_3701.jpg (55KB, 396x382px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3701.jpg
55KB, 396x382px
>>3902062
>cant you into reading comprehension? do you work at Bioware?

>trying THIS hard to fit in
you have to go back
>>
>>3902059
>>3902064
>phone poster telling another anon to go to Reddit
>>
>>3902067
>p-phoneposting is bad stop it RIGHT now!!!
what's it like being poor anon?
>>
>>3902009
What's the big deal about steel sticks they had them for third party controllers and they sucked too why does this new faggot think his will be different
>>
>>3902079
Yeah, because smartphones are so hard to come by nowadays
>>
>>3902080
people who have tyhem already say they feel almost exactly like OEm ones, and considering those people are speed runners and play Smash Bros at competitive level, their autism level regarding precision should be valid.
>>
>>3877398
>>
>>3902059
>>3902062
>>3902064
>>3902067
>>3902079
>>3902082
Pissing matches like these kill the /vr/.
Has anyone tried 3D printing sticks?
>>
>>3902079
ISPs don't give you a computer like carriers do phones.
>>
>>3902151

no but that's a really good idea, you'd probably have to print out the basin it sits in too since that also wears down over time.

anyone have any 3d models of the stick and basin? I've got a 3d printer at work i could probably use sometime this week
>>
>>3902009
You throw your N64 in the trash, buy an Xbox One or PS4 controller and emulate retro games like non-retards. The N64 controller is objectively bad.
>>
>>3902168
>people i'll never see enjoy games incorrectly
>>
>>3902164
I have access to a 3D printer and have thought about doing this, if anyone has one, I'd like to try it.
>>
>>3902174
i found this

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2124375
>>
>>3902168
>Telling someone to emulate the N64
Get a load of this guy.
>>
>>3902214
Thanks anon, I'll try it out. I'd like to compare if you print one too
>>
Enkko is working on manufacturing new sticks properly to spec, but if you weren't part of the Kickstarter campaign it's going to be a while before they're available
>>
>>3902151
Replacing just the stick itself isn't enough, you need to replace pretty much the whole shebang like what OP's image has so keep that in mind if you're gonna print one out
>>
>>3902168
There's no proper emulator for the N64 smart guy, only "higher level" emulation is possible which means plugins to try to make the games look and feel right. If you said about fourth gen is one thing, but the N64 is just plain retarded.
>>
>>3904354
Quick nitpick, you can do LLE for the N64, but the only remotely decent N64 emulators are HLE shit.
>>
Somebody was making replacement circuit boards for those gamecube style ones.

http://nfggames.com/forum2/index.php?topic=3574.0

Apparently the stick was decent, but the chip running it was a piece of shit.
>>
>>3902151
I think that's what Enkko is. Not sure when they're finally being released though.
>>3905538
These are decent, but not great. They're still inferior to regular sticks; they're just indestructible.
>>3902009
There's also a guy that's replacing N64 sticks with actual Gamecube sticks (not Gamecube style sticks). Supposedly it's great, but I haven't used one yet. Probably your best option if you're only looking to replace the stick is to get a 9/10 or 10/10 original stick and grease it. If you're not playing Mario Party and you're not a pro SSB player (DI kills sticks), it will last a long time.
>>
I bought just those two gearlike pieces and replaced the on stock one. It's still a bit loose, but playable.

The feeling is not as good as the gamecube stick or a brand new stock, but at least it's not oversensitive.
>>
replaced one 7~8 years ago with a generic part from amazon

mechanically the joint is smoother but that doesn't translate to how the controller registers input (i.e. tulip eggs in yoshi's story became difficult to use)
>>
Whatever happened to those steel replacement sticks that were shilled for a while here? It seemed like a somewhat smart way to prevent the stick from destroying itself by using steel components instead of plastic.
>>
>>3902062
You just said you tried a shitty gc stick and hes telling you to try a regular replacement stick like you should and youre getting pissy. Dont be a dick to people trying to help your uneducated ass
>>
Feel like I'm taking crazy pills or something because we used to just open up the stick housing and remove all the crap that collected and made the dead zone get bigger over time and made them good as new.
>>
>>3905784
That works maybe once or twice but eventually they just get worn
>>
>>3905810

Ah gotcha. Sorry wasn't sure if it was a different issue or what.
>>
>>3902087
yeah, go post here. /vr/ needs it's own /stupid questions thread/ thread for pointless shit like this.
>>
I play the fuck out of my N64 and the sticks are already getting loose as shit
Just ordered those GC to N64 adaptors i hope they don't suck
>>
>>3905610
Some guy in Switzerland is making them very slowly. There's a waitlist, and they cost $125.
>>
>>3906486
>they cost $125.

Literally laughing.
>>
>>3902059
Reddit spacing would be like this

learn what the fuck you're complaining about, dipshit.

a single space between lines is normal

two is reddit
faggot.
>>
>>3904354
Project64 is pretty good
>>
>>3902225
Plenty people do. Better frame rate to.
>>
Still can't believe no-one seems to have come out with a metal base for these damn things or just re-mold the stick piece so it's replaceable.
>>
>>3908072
My grandkids will do it when we finish off my two huge boxes of mint condition ¥100 original controllers
>>
File: souper.jpg (61KB, 1023x597px) Image search: [Google]
souper.jpg
61KB, 1023x597px
So I've got a superpad I rescued that has no head on the control stick. it's basically a screw on stick head that goes on a metal pole.

Is there any place that sells the heads separately? I wanna fix it up, preferably with decent parts. Thing was getting thrown away but I didn't want to let them trash it, but it's not usable with the missing head.
>>
>>3902009
Raphnet Adapters: http://www.raphnet-tech.com/products/gc_to_n64_adapter/index.php

Hori Mini Pads are pretty good too.
>>
>>3909267
I took a used stick, drilled a hole in it and put it on mine.

Honestly there are vertical dead zones for this stick and it isn't the best. Not really worth the trouble if you are a serious player.
>>
File: 54'212554p77.jpg (152KB, 1354x980px) Image search: [Google]
54'212554p77.jpg
152KB, 1354x980px
>>3910083
>$25
>>
>>3910105
It's an extremely high quality product. Zelda speedrunners swear by them.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.