[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

strategy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: 1487646395098.png (8KB, 256x240px) Image search: [Google]
1487646395098.png
8KB, 256x240px
What retro strategy games do you guys like? RTS, turn-based, grand strategy, PC, console, whatever.

I'm thinking about filling my library with more of these since they have so much replay value. I'd be curious which ones you guys like most.
>>
File: HEROES2W_2017-02-15_23-25-15.png (483KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
HEROES2W_2017-02-15_23-25-15.png
483KB, 640x480px
>>3900175
Heroes of Might and Magic
>>
How are the Koei games on the NES? Bandit Kings of China, Genghis Khan, Nobunaga's Ambition, Romance of the Three Kingdoms, which is best?
>>
>>3900516
Okay, I suppose, but playing them on the NES feels much clunkier than their ports/sequels on DOS.
>>
Does anybody prefer consoles over computers for strategy?
Mouse, keyboard and higher resolutions come very handy for them.
>>
>>3900516
Really the best grand strategy you're going to get on the NES but they don't really offer more than the computer versions. The SNES ports sometimes have some extra stuff sometimes, like extra soundtracks for Romance of the Three Kingdoms III.

>>3900526
Later (post /vr/ era) ports of Koei games come with extra challenge scenarios that not even the PUKs have. Not worth it for more people but they're still fun. They're also your only option for many of the games if you're not proficient in an East Asian language.
>>
>>3900175

Gemfire
SNES
>>
File: 1475552004555.gif (37KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
1475552004555.gif
37KB, 256x224px
>>3900516

They're mostly similar in terms of how you go about navigating menus and issuing commands, but the mechanics slightly differ from one setting to another.

Later console ports more or less just reskin the games and add a bit of extra polish. They also run a bit faster. I think.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.