[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: worst Castlemania ever...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

File: cv2.jpg (51KB, 468x322px) Image search: [Google]
cv2.jpg
51KB, 468x322px
ITT: worst Castlemania ever...
>>
>>3899941
>not a pic of bloodlines
>>
>Not SotN
>>
File: os20011105.gif (29KB, 519x892px) Image search: [Google]
os20011105.gif
29KB, 519x892px
CastleMania or WestleVania?
>>
>>3899954
/thread
>>
>>3899954
Not le retro.
>>
>>3899959
the one with the Undertaker
>>
>>3899961
>Sega Saturn not retro

What planet am I on?
>>
>>3899941

Most under rated you mean. It was ground breaking for its time. But you kids can't see that.
>>
>>3899961
you've been made a fool, son.
>>
>>3899991
Fifth gen is only retro if you're underage.

If you didn't play games from the '70s, you don't know SHIT about vidya.
>>
>>3899979
>>Bet you kids don't see that
>>Nostalgia goggles
>>
>>3899941
Do the pachinko machines count?
>>
>>3899994
Like PET and shit?
>>
>>3899954
>>3899960
>file name
>>
I dunno. Lords of Shadow? Castlevania Legends? Maybe one of the GBA or DS ones? There's many candidates.
>>
>>3899941
>>3899954
Both games are designed around bloat.

>>3899952
>bloodlines
>anywhere as bad as Simon's Quest

wew lad
>>
>>3900389
This. No other Castlevania comes even close to being as big a steaming pile of shit as LoS: Mirror of Fate.
>>
>>3899941
What exactly makes a good castlevania?
Gimme a bullet point list.
>>
>>3900961
Interesting level design with a good mix of interwoven platforming and action.

Decent amount of challenge in terms of enemy types, patterns and fun bosses.

Powerups that are useful but not broken .
>>
>>3900961

1. It can't be a metroidvania

And that's about it.
>>
>>3900961
The one that's more useful for your console war.
i.e if you're a nintendo fan, your favorite is the NES ones or SNES ones, if you're a Sega fan it's Bloodlines, if you're a PC guy, Rondo (most people played it emulated on PC), if you're a sony guy SOTN or Chronicles.
Ah yeah, and if you're Australia-kun, Amiga castlevania.
>>
>>3899941
Leave this place right now, James Rolfe!
>>
>>3901323
James actually likes Simon's Quest, if only because he has nostalgia for it (it was his first Castlevania).
Remember that AVGN is a character.
>>
>>3901326
Castlevania 1 was his first Castlevania.
>>
>>3901332
I'm pretty sure he said it was Simon's Quest, or at least the first CV he owned.
>>
HAUNTED CASTLE YOU NINNIES
>>
File: castlevania-ii-simons-quest-2.jpg (64KB, 360x513px) Image search: [Google]
castlevania-ii-simons-quest-2.jpg
64KB, 360x513px
I unironically always liked SQ more than CV1. Just having a platformer that was a continual adventure rather than the same thing every time I turned it on was huge for me.

Going back now, the mansions all kind of suck and it's too easy in general. But back then I loved it.

I would really like another Castlevania that's open world like this but without the item grinding of the iga games.
>>
File: spectral-interlude.png (16KB, 536x408px) Image search: [Google]
spectral-interlude.png
16KB, 536x408px
>>3901418
>I would really like another Castlevania that's open world like this but without the item grinding of the iga games.

Check out Spectral Interlude for the Speccy.
>>
>>3901418
>>3901495
I think it'd be really cool if we could have a Chronicles remake of Simon's Quest in the style of Order of Ecclesia, but sadly that will never happen.
>>
>>3900975

There are metroidvania Castlemanias that are better than Castlevania 64 is.
>>
>>3901392
>Akumajou Arcade
>bad
git gud kid
>>
>>3901418
NO one wants to post in CV threads for some reason
>>
>>3901680
Castlevania threads are nothing but shitposting. It's the most cancerous group of people on /vr/, more cancerous than earthbound faggots and that says a lot.
>>
>>3901706
At least CVfags aren't as bad as Doombabbies.
>>
>>3901784
Doom can have a successful thread with minimal problems, CVfags can't even have a decent thread
>>
>>3901706
>earthbound faggots
There's barely any EB threads here, most of the time EB is mentioned is just to shitpost about the prices on ebay.

>>3901859
Doomfags are lucky they don't have people like Australia-kun
>>
>>3901326
You too Mike Matei! Out! Out!
>>
>>3901958

Mikemateinia
>>
>>3901706
EB is hardly cancer even at its worst. Castlevania used to have good discussions on pre-/vr/ /v/ during the late night threads but that was a long time ago.

It would be better if people discussed the things they liked about their favorite Castlevanias instead of shitposting about minute or perceived issues with the games they don't like as much. It's not a war, y'know.
>>
None of the truly awful Castlevania games are allowed on /vr/.
>>
>>3902972
Castlevania 64, The Adventure, and SQ are "truly awful", lad.
>>
>>3902976
Fuck you. Castlevania 64 is good.
>>
>>3899941
>Mickey Mania has an identical enemy
Is that the source of this meme?
>>
>>3901958
>>3902132
Mike recently did a playthrough of Castlevania: Bloodlines on the Sega Genesis. Be sure to check that out on Cinemassacre!
>>
>>3901926
>There's barely any EB threads here, most of the time EB is mentioned is just to shitpost about the prices on ebay.

This. EB fans just talk about how they like it. It's the haters who dedicate themselves to shitposting any time it's mentioned that are the shitty ones.
>>
>>3899994
Nice backpedaling

>>3899941
You're right imo
>>
>>3899979
>groundbreaking
But non-linear sidescrollers existed before SQ.
>>
>>3899994
if you weren't there to fucking show Higinbotham how to make Tennis for Two you don't know SHIT about video games, underage scrub poser
>>
>>3900961

Plot and themes:
>Horror movie monsters theme
>Someone with a whip has to appear somewhere, preferably as protagonist
>If Dracula isn't in it, he should be mentioned as an important character
>Demon Castle. No ifs or buts.
>Dark atmosphere. Possible to do even with anime aesthetic (Rondo)

Music has to be a decent mix of upbeat and gloomy.

Gameplay (metroidvania/classicvania) is irrelevant, as long as enemies and level design are constructed around the player planning their movements carefully. This is the core of the Castlevania series' gameplay.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.