[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Comfiest rpgs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: fVm15p7.jpg (111KB, 691x520px) Image search: [Google]
fVm15p7.jpg
111KB, 691x520px
I loved how many mini games and interesting npcs there were to interact with in ff9. I know not everyone likes it, but its my favorite ff because of those things. Also the character development was decent. And it had(in my opinion) one of the greatest ending scenes and developing romances shown in a video game. Can you guys give me suggestions for games with similar levels of ultimate comfiness? Thanks pic related
>>
File: gh4e011[1].png (13KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
gh4e011[1].png
13KB, 256x224px
>>3899297
Anon, this game is comfy as shit http://transcorp.romhacking.net/projects/herc4/screens/
>>
>>3899297

FF9 has a nice art style, but I didn't care much for the setting or characters. Everything was too linear, and the game had way too many FMVs and cutscenes constantly interrupting gameplay. They even added some "QTE" mechanic because the game was so over-saturated with cutscenes that no sane player would want to be subjected to them all in a single playthrough.

I'm sure you'll probably disagree, but I think FF8 had the most comfy setting. The art direction is the most realistic to date, even though it may not be very realistic to have flying Gardens and superhero characters.
>>
>>3899297
Earthbound, very fantastical.
>>
>>3899306
Thanks anon. Ill check it out. Pretty nice sprites too
>>
>>3899306
>>3899320
Samefag. Go shill your ROM hacks somewhere else.
>>
>>3899308
I wasnt big on ff8. Yes, the junction system gets alot of hate, but thats not my main problem. I just wasnt a fan for squalls dickishness. I understand him and the others are basically trained to be weapons, but its kind of a bummer when the mc is so down all the time
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-02-15-47-37.png (425KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-02-15-47-37.png
425KB, 1440x2560px
>>3899324
Nice try bro, but not me. Im legitimately looking for comfy games.
>>
>>3899315
Yeah, earthbound is just well....unique. Hilarity and awkwardness abounds. Unfortunately my buddy and i are doing a playthrough together and i dont wanna get too far ahead
>>
>>3899306
Looks way better than the previous herc games. I'm inclined to try it out.
>>
If it helps get responses, i also though suikoden 1 & 2, pokemon rby and chrono ctrigger were pretty damn comfy too. Not as much as ff9, but close
>>
Chronotrigger, although I've only gotten to play the ds port, it's so comfy. The neat combat is exciting and not too tactical, and the story's pretty big with all kinds of cool settings.
>>
Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete
>>
>>3900893
Why spoiler it man? Fuck everybody. Lunar is a great game. Im doing my first playthrough of eternal blue and its pretty good too
>>
>>3899297
>>
>>3901179
I guess it's because Lunar is generic jrpg garbage.

It's my favorite generic jrpg garbage though. The ending on the second one made me cry like a bitch.
>>
>>3899315
Should I play the SNES or GBA version of Earthbound? I've been meaning to play it for a while.
>>
>>3901275
Oh damn. Now im pumped to finish it. I guess i just dig how theyre solid games with no frills, and decent character progression.

The first one is probably in my top 10 love stories in a game
>>
What's the best way to play Mother 1?
>>
>>3902124
Are you playing the complete version? Pretty sure the original doesn't have the 'true ending'. Some people also dont like the true ending, but I fucking loved it.

>>3903541
GBA version I guess. There's some minimal qol changes (like using the L button to interact with shit), but I'm pretty sure everything else is the same, even the unnoficial translation.
>>
Seiken Densetsu 3.
>>
>>3903714
Yep. Psx version because i cant emulate sega saturn on my gpd xd.
>>
>>3903541
Ill second the gba version as best. The music isnt as good, but the run button makes the game so much smoother and less tedious
>>
>>3899297
ff7 and ff8 are basically clones
ff10 isn't too far off

fft doesn't have the minigames, but the combat is pretty cool and makes it interesting the whole way through.
>>
>>3899324
That's just a fan translation you moron
>>
>>3903753
FFT isn't comfy, and I have absolutely no idea how you could think FF7 and FF8 are clones. FF7 is much closer to FF6.
>>
>>3903760
>a fan translation does not actually involve hacking the ROM

Get a brain, moran!
>>
>>3903765
3d poly on pre rendered 2d backgrounds with a bunch of minigames
>>
>>3903773
If those are your only points of comparison in any RPG then half of the PSX library must look like the same exact game to you
>>
>>3903775
not exactly, but ff7 8 and 9 are considered their own trilogy by most.

no chrono cross or legend of dragoon is going to take away from them standing out as the greatest RPG's in that formula.
>>
>>3903753
Hell no. Yes they all have 3d nodels on 2d backgrounds and minigames. But the differences in plot, method of storytelling, and grapgical style clearly define them as different games.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.