[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Overrated as Crap

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

File: Bomberman_2.jpg (44KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Bomberman_2.jpg
44KB, 800x800px
Is it just me? Is there something I'm missing? To me all the bomberman games are boring as hell. It's the definition of repetitive gameplay.
I mean, I kinda enjoyed Bomberman 64, but that may be the rose colored glasses.
> "Get friends and play multi-player."
We did back in the day on the 64. But even with 4 of us it was ridiculously boring.
What am I missing?
>>
>>3898438
It's one of those games you enjoy in short bursts.
>>
>>3898438
Have you tried Hero? It basically plays nothing like any other Bomberman game aside from the premise of using bombs to kill shit.
>>
It is enjoyable when you play with friends
Maybe you should have some of the later to have the first one, eh?
>>
>>3898450
Hero had the most awesome soundtrack.
It was ahead of its time.
>>
Bomberman 64 is ass
Try super bomberman 2 or mega bomberman with friends and a multitap
>>
Well I enjoyed the Snes ones with a multitap and friends.
Maybe it's just not the game for you, no need to go "OVERRATED AS CRAP".
People sometimes like different things and that's ok. No need to be an ass about it.
>>
>>3898709
It was drum and bass style music, very much of its time
>>
>>3898438
>It's the definition of repetitive gameplay.

It's about as formulaic as any other retro series. Do you not get bored of the redundant platforming elements of Super Mario games? Sure, Mario gets new power-ups once in a while, but the core gameplay mechanics are still the same.

Like Mario, Bomberman sequels usually add one or more subtle improvements, or take existing elements and frame them in a different perspective. e.g. There are open-world Bomberman sequels, sequels with forked stage selection, sequels done in an isometric POV, sequels with objective-based stages, etc.

Some games do make a drastic departure from the established formula, though. Pocket Bomberman is a side-view platformer that contains all the other elements of a Bomberman game; Bomberman Quest spawned a sub-series of Bomberman action-adventure games akin to Zelda.
>>
>>3898710
Mega Bomberman has a lot of slowdown. Personally, I would recommend the original version (Bomberman 94' on PC-E) over this one.
>>
>>3898438
Bomberman 64 is pretty bad for multiplayer imo
>You already starts with glove and kick
>The grid is always open, there's no progression in a match
>Circle explosions are far worse than Cross explosions
No variation makes the game repetitive pretty fast.

Try Super Bomberman 4, Super Bomberman 5, Saturn Bomberman or a pretty great fangame called Power Bomberman, these are the real deal.
>>
>>3898834
This

All 3 Turbografx bomberman games have 5 players

Bomberman 94 also influenced the rest of the series with the Rouies
>>
>>3898834
>>3899093
can confirm Bomberman '94 is where it's at.
>>
>>3899043
>>3899093
>>3899132

Funny that no one ever mentions the Genesis / MD port of Bomberman '94. It seems like a bit of a graphics downgrade, but it's perfectly playable.
>>
>>3899145
See
>>3898834
>>
>>3898706
He already said he played it with friends, you retard.
>>
File: mischief-makers.jpg (151KB, 640x896px) Image search: [Google]
mischief-makers.jpg
151KB, 640x896px
Why is this game so overrated, even by Treasure standards of overly exaggerated praise?
>>
>>3898834
it doesn't really slow down on multiplayer
>playing 1 player bomber guy
>>
Mega Bomberman had some epic boss fights and a good variety of stage themes and different maps with different stage hazards/tricks. Oh, and you can ride kangaroo things that have different powers like jumping and kicking bombs over blocks.

You might still find it boring, but it's the one I had the most fun with as a kid.
>>
>>3899342

dem single player bosses tho...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeIpx51bSQU
>>
File: bomberman-94-japan.png (250KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
bomberman-94-japan.png
250KB, 400x400px
>>3899343
Sorry but Mega Bomberman is a shitty port of Bomberman 94.
>>3898438
fuck off op. you are boring.
>>
>>3899352

Can I emulate Bomberman 94?
>>
Why didnt Hudson let Factor 5 finish that 8 player bomberman demo? Instead we got mega bomberman with only 4 player support...
>>
>>3899362
Works fine in mednafen.
>>
>>3899362
yes Mednafen is the best pc engine emulator. It also has netplay if you can figure that out.
>>
>>3899369
You mean you got Saturn Bomberman with 10 player support.
>>
>>3899373
>Works fine in mednafen.

Works fine in any emulator, you shilling faggot.
>>
>>3899375
>best pc engine emulator

That would be Ootake. Mednafen is a bloated piece of shit.
>>
>>3898438

64 was good, 2D aren't that great
>>
>>3899307
its literally the n64s only good game
>>
>>3899416
what about goemon's great adventure and f-zero x
>>
>>3898438
How about you play a good Bomberman like the 2D, retro ones?

Super Bomberman 2-5
Bomberman '94
Saturn Bomberman
Neo Bomberman
>>
>>3898765
Yee because so many games at that time used drum n bass. Also it was a jap women who composed it check soundcloud, its awesome.
Game was nice.
>>
File: Khbr0aE[1].png (6KB, 284x95px) Image search: [Google]
Khbr0aE[1].png
6KB, 284x95px
>>3899384
>That would be Ootake.
>tfw it is still updated
>>
>>3899648
Looking at gameplay for Super 2-5 it looks like the same ole repetitive stuff.
>>
File: 1483997180611.jpg (48KB, 1000x650px) Image search: [Google]
1483997180611.jpg
48KB, 1000x650px
>>3898438
>What am I missing?
a brain, for starters
>>
File: 1488572375991.jpg (20KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1488572375991.jpg
20KB, 400x400px
>>3898438
>Is there something I'm missing?

certainly seems that way anon. maybe you just hate fun.
>>
>>3899145
It's a graphics downgrade with different songs and also some slowdown, and 4 players. It's inferior in every aspect even if it's still pretty good

It also doesn't have the same legacy as 94, one of the last HuCards ever made
>>
File: iceman.gif (842KB, 350x260px) Image search: [Google]
iceman.gif
842KB, 350x260px
>only played 64's shitty multiplayer
>"all Bomberman is boring"
kek

Go play Super Bomberman 2 with a few friends, then talk shit.
A lot of the Bomberman games are really similar, but it's not like you have to buy them all. Just get one good 2D Bomberman game, and you don't need any more. Single-player usually gets boring, but that's not what gets praised about these games.
>>
>>3900969
>It's a graphics downgrade with different songs and also some slowdown

We didn't all have access to PCE hardware back in that day, though. It was pretty obscure here in the States. And Bomberman '94 was never officially localized to English. So Mega Bomberman was the only thing we got.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.