[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Myst Masterpiece edition, Real Myst or Real Myst Masterpiece edition?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Myst_opening[1].png (134KB, 543x332px) Image search: [Google]
Myst_opening[1].png
134KB, 543x332px
Myst Masterpiece edition, Real Myst or Real Myst Masterpiece edition?
>>
>>3897828
Real Myst Masterpiece is the best.

Masterpiece is the way to tickle your nostalgia.

Actual answer is to play the other games and just leave 1 to your memory since it's very dated even just compared to riven.
>>
>>3897828
How do you get into Myst? I remember trying it years ago but got turned off by the 9000 pages of shit you had to read and all the diagrams and star chats you had to draw or memorize
>>
>>3898053
That is a big part of the appeal, you're doing literal detective work anon, if you can't enjoy it then the meat of the game is not going to appeal to you.

Back in the day the GRAFIX were so impressive that people played it even if they disliked those things, but that appeal is no longer present.
>>
>>3898063
dont get me wrong, I really enjoy p&c adventure games, but i guess myst just isnt for me.
>>
>>3898053
In myst 1? There's like like 4 books that you can read but only 2 of them has anything gameplay relevant, the rest is just making your own notes on things you see.
>>
>>3898065
Don't forget that if there is 1 bullshit puzzle you don't like, you can just cheat on that one.

The star chart puzzle is one many people cheated on. I personally cheated on the minecart ride puzzle.
>>
16 hours left of gog sale, Myst Masterpiece costs a pittance right now and Real Myst Masterpiece costs about 6 pittances, is it worth the extra cash?
>>
>>3898162
Myst Masterpiece has a critical typo with one of the last puzzles for some reason and Real Myst Masterpiece has a stupid control scheme where you lose camera control if you aren't moving or holding right click so pick your poison.
>>
>>3898036
Don't listen to this guy.

realMyst Masterpiece is poorly optimized and has a shitty movement system where you can only look around while you're moving.

I'd suggest Myst Masterpieces because it was originally built to be a pre-rendered "slideshow" game and also realMyst has an extra world that starts off cool but ends flaccidly.
>>
What is you guys opinion on Myst V? There are some interesting puzzle ideas, but also some bad design decisions, like forcing you to stop and listen to a guy every 5 steps.
>>
Myst Masterpiece is essentially the definitive version of the classic

Real Myst is pretty nice to explore, if you ever wanted to roam around Myst in full 3D, it's pretty cool and had some neat graphics for the time.

Real Myst Masterpiece edition is unoptimized as all fuck
>>
>>3898036
>it's very dated even just compared to riven.
Nigga, the graphical jump from Myst to Riven was huge all fuck, Riven looked real and still does
>>
>>3898252
>a shitty movement system where you can only look around while you're moving.
If you hold right click you can freely look around.
>>
Honestly, I can see the appeal of realMyst for people who are just getting into it, but for me the "slideshow" is an essential part of the experience.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.