[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Sonic game to complete?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (123KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123KB, 900x600px
I have casually played Sonic since the Genesis era but have never focused enough on the 16-but games to complete one. What Sonic game should I work towards completing and what tips do you have for acquiring and using chaos emeralds? I know they trigger super sonic in some games but am not familiar enough fully understand. I have Sonic 1-3 and Sonic & Knuckes but don't really know the best option, any help to this Sonic noob would be greatly appreciated!
>>
They aren't even long games. Play whatever you want, there are no tips. It's fucking sonic.
>>
>>3897562

Sonic is considered hard nowadays don't you know?
>>
Emeralds are worthless in 1, the ending barely changes and there's no super sonic
Special stages are annoying to trigger and even more annoying to complete in 2
3 is the game where special stages are fun to find and complete, with a good difficulty curve and a satisfying true ending
CD is neat because there are two different methods to get the true ending and both are pretty fun, but there's no super sonic
>>
Save yourself the hassle and play Zool instead
>>
>>3897556
Play S3&K. You have to find the special stages instead of collecting rings that you can lose at any time, the special stages are fun without getting too rage inducing (at least compared to 2, if you mess up a special stage in 3 you know it's cause you screwed up, in 2 it get ridiculous to clear the last without rote
memorisation) there's Super AND hyper Sonic, and it has saving you can stop and start as necessary.
>>
>>3897556
>tips
Collect rings and avoid enemies and spikes.
>>
>>3898515
>Zool

Nice try Eurocuck, at least Sonic is kind of fun.
>>
>>3897556
I would go with Sonic 2 to start.
>>
>>3900281
i strongly agree, sonic 2 was the first sonic game i ever beat, endless childhood memories, but if you want a real challenge (and i know everyone hates this game) sonic 3d blast. the saturn version, the genesis version is shit and the saturn version is superior in every way, especially the special stages
>>
>>3897556
If you don't mind Roms and such,
you could check out Sonic 2 Long version. it's got some levels that were cut out from the final game, and what-not
I like it
http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_2_Long_Version
>>
>>3897564
who in their right mind would say that?
>>
>>3900402
with games hand holding the hell out of you, most of my friends can't get past Spring yard, Aquatic ruin, Marble Garden, or Chaos Collision Zones
>>
>>3900410
Chaos Collision I can maybe understand due to the stupid pinball boss but most of those stages just require patience
Metropolis zone on the other hand is an example of a stupid stage
>>
>>3900416
most don't have the patience to get all the way to Metropolis Zone
>>
If you're looking for replay value I can recommend 3&K and Adventure 2.

The Adventure duo is rather divisive, though. Look into the game and see if it's something you'd enjoy. If you do like it, there's quite a lot of shit to do in 2 if you're a completionist.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.