[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What Was His Problem?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: hand guy.jpg (107KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
hand guy.jpg
107KB, 512x384px
I don't like that weird hand feeling around near me.
>>
That was scary the first time it happens
>>
My little brother was 4 and we would let him play this until one day he discovered this an was super scared and my dad got pissed.
None of us had ever seen it before. Good times
>>
File: happy.gif (135KB, 320x238px) Image search: [Google]
happy.gif
135KB, 320x238px
>>3897363
> randomly meeting that guy while wandering the inn at night.
> obsessively stake every location out from then on in case you're missing stuff

The permasave feature was bad enough, but it's pretty sad how the 3DS remake completely sucked the life and atmosphere clean out of the game by literally giving you a list of where to be at what time to get the quests done.
>>
>>3897568
>literally giving you a list of where to be at what time to get the quests done.
you know that was in the original right?
>>
File: Judo.png (19KB, 138x267px) Image search: [Google]
Judo.png
19KB, 138x267px
He's waiting for the Rosa sisters to need to pee.
>>
>>3897568
>a list of where to be at what time to get the quests done.
that was in the original you retarded zelda child.
>>
File: ythrefcd.jpg (40KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ythrefcd.jpg
40KB, 1920x1080px
>>3897363
He wanted you to play this game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbBB1j5qAFs
>>
>>3897363
I mean the hand is coming out of the toilet. I'm pretty sure it's a shit joke.
>>
>>3898302
kinda reminds me of some of those more fucked up concepts for japanese yokai
>>
File: morning-link.jpg (10KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
morning-link.jpg
10KB, 250x250px
>>3898134
>>3898263

The original Bombers' Notebook adds entries after you witness parts of a key event or learn about a character's problems by talking -usually- to him/her.

The new Notebook can also add entries directly from "rumors" you can learn from the Bombers (i.e. they straight out tell you about the ones you don't know) and a literal map pinpointing where to be at the scheduled trigger times.

In short, the original game records what you're *already* involved in, and gives you hints in the form of a tentative schedule with potential WHEN's. The remake gives you the WHAT and the WHERE as freebies on top of that.
>>
>>3898304
wasn't there a yokai that had a long, prehensile, hairy tongue, that he would use to eat shit and piss from bathrooms?
>>
>>3898604
no thats ur moms lmao
>>
>>3898258
lol
>>
I always just saw it as a dumb poop joke
>guy stuck in latrine, probably covered in shit
>wanted a piece of paper to wipe his ass
>>
>>3898581

>thinking reducing trial and error game design is bad

MM would be even more tedious and repetitive without it.
>>
>>3897363
Huh. I 0nly knew about the Oracle of Ages counterpart. Didn't realize it was in a mainline title which means this must be from Majora's Mask.
>>
>>3897363
I know this sounds repetitive and all, but I was genuinely scared as a kid when that fucking guy appeared on screen for the first time. Stuff like that is what gave MM a very eerie and creepy atmosphere imo.
>>
Ben
>>
>>3900376
>I want my hand to be held
>>
>>3900976
unf
>>
>>3901972
>thinking eliminating bad gameplay is handholding
>>
>>3898276
/thread
>>
So how come a hempen bag can survive a journey through time but not its contents? (bombs, rupees)

Why do you lose all your sticks (made of wood) but you don't lose your bow(also made of wood)?
>>
File: cueball-and-hogman.png (126KB, 350x256px) Image search: [Google]
cueball-and-hogman.png
126KB, 350x256px
>>3903521
Because game.

But if you want a pointless but valid answer to a pointless but valid question: you lose everything that's not unique and therefore not anchored to you and the Ocarina through a bond of significance.

Or maybe the Triforce wills it, whatevs.
>>
>>3903103

No he is right, the new Bombers notebook is stupid, but it fits the nature of a handheld better. It took hours to figure out all the extra shit in MM, which handheld gamers dont necessarily have time for. The key market is Japanese on public transport for 1hr+ per day
>>
File: wwtt.gif (509KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
wwtt.gif
509KB, 500x270px
>>3903580
What really kills the game is replacing the MM save system with the basic OoT one (and keeping the owl statues on top of that).

Instead of the perishable owl saves of the original, the remake could have added perishable saves --anywhere. The N64 couldn't handle that at the time, but the 3DS sure can, and the original experience could have remained happily unraped while keeping the game portable-friendly.
>>
>>3903585

I really don't think it matters. The save system was not good in MM on N64, it was frustrating.
>>
>>3900376
>trial and error

Which masks are trial and error? You just pay attention to what the npcs are doing and when, and once something of note is discovered it gets recorded for you.

On 3ds clock town has omniscient children that tell you exactly where to go.
>>
>>3903592
It grounded the game's structure. Every significant progress you made was bookended by the act of going back in time, like groundhog day. If you needed to suspend a save you could, but you would always be looking towards that hard save and the next cycle.

It works extremely well, and it's worth noting that OOT allowed you to save anywhere and Majoras Mask purposefully rejected that.
>>
>>3903521
For that matter, why do you even need to find those bags? Can't any bag do the job?

Fucking artificial difficulty ruined my immersion
>>
>>3897568
>they fucked the game up by adding features that should have been there in the first place
I played the fuck out of MM on the N64 and finished the 3DS remake a while ago and I can say that the 3DS remake trumps the original by a long mile. Being able to warp to any moment with the song of double time eliminates all the annoying having to wait for shit to happen. I didnt find myself using the revamped schedules all that often since I know the game by heart, but I can see how its much easier than having to write stuff down on a piece of paper (which is what I did as a kid). I will always love the original one but the remake fixes all the issues I had with it so well that I cant help but love it.

except having to play the long ass elegy of emptiness a zillion times in the stone tower that still sucks ass
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.