[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

first n64 game.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: fuck yeah.jpg (39KB, 575x381px) Image search: [Google]
fuck yeah.jpg
39KB, 575x381px
first n64 game.
>>
File: gfs_27944_2_5.jpg (29KB, 574x382px) Image search: [Google]
gfs_27944_2_5.jpg
29KB, 574x382px
I bought a used copy of Mischief Makersa round 97/98, I didn't know anything about the game but saw some guys playing the final boss fight at the video game store and I was sold.
Was a very pleasant surprise.
>>
>>3897291
any answer other than mario 64 is underageb&
>>
>>3897291
You mean the first n64 you bought?
For me that would be the DK64 that came with the Jungle set
I didn't even get mario until later
>>
Mario of course. Anyone whose first look of the N64 wasn't that flyby around Peach's castle deprived themselves of one of the most magical moments in video game history.
>>
>>3897428
"magical" as in "totally not nostalgia goggles"?
>>
>>3897439
Nah, brah. It was seeing Mario in 3D for the first time. I still remember how I was literally breathless at the time.
>>
I got both Super Mario 64 and Mortal Kombat Trilogy for Christmas 1996.

Funnily enough I gravitated more towards Mortal Kombat at the time because I was so used to 2D games and Mario 64 was too overwhelming for me at first. But a few days later I got more into it and ended up obsessing over it for weeks.
>>
>>3897291
Mario 64. Not going to lie, I have a strange soft spot of Dual Heroes and Blast Corps.
>>
I got my N64 along with Turok for Christmas of 97. I didn't even know about memory paks until I tired to save. At least I had a cheat book that told me the big cheat so I could use the level select until I got a memory pak a few days later.
>>
Yoshi's Story.

I was 6 and it was my first game and I was terrible at games, so it was actually a very good pick. Lots of nostalgia for it, even if it's not really a game I go back to anymore.
>>
>>3897291
Got N64 Christmas '97 with Mario 64 and Zelda: OoT bundled.

I never liked the N64 Zelda games.
>>
File: mm2.gif (77KB, 500x329px) Image search: [Google]
mm2.gif
77KB, 500x329px
>>
Man ... I wish I could re-live the moment when my dad rent a n64 with mario64
>>
>>3897313

including games that game out the same year?
>>
I still own a copy of this game! Always loved it as a kid, I should really replay it, thanks for reminding me OP
>>
>>3898158
Same here. Got an N64, which I think was second hand, around 2000 with Yoshi Story, F-Zero X, and 1080 Snowboarding
>>
>>3897291
shake shake
>>
I dont own a N64 but my brother did. Remember playing SM64 and Ocarina of time. I thought it was a totally unfun experience. Went home and played Soul blade on the playstation instead.

Thinking about giving this system a second chance now however.
>>
I remember playing SM64 for months without getting bored.

Then I was gifted Wave Race, Pilotwings and SotE at once.
>>
>>3905682
The sad thing is that OoT and SM64 really do suck balls. It's just that modern gamers are both memers and woefully unaware of all the far better games out there from the time (not to mention undeveloped sense of quality). That combined with the fact that 9 out of 10 nintendo owners are sheltered from most non nintendo games and also HUGE console war fags, and you end hp seeing
>OoT is the bestest gaem EVER!
Posted all over the internet. When Resident Evil, SOTN, FFVII, MGS, Megaman Legends and a ton of other equally great or better games are from the same era. Not to mention the plethora of great games released both before and since then...

I call it the nintendo effect. All it takes ia sheltered fanbois, console wars and memes, and boom. Mediocre games are herralded as amazing masterpeices.

Just imagine 20 years from now, when the same effect will cause retards to think that Wii U was ahead of it's time, and mario 3D world is a masterleice.
Because it's the exact same situation with the N64.

Only nintendo owners thought N64 exclusives were mind blowingly amazing. Some of them were fun, sure, but holy fucking hell, did they blow them out of proportion...

Anyway, if you didn't like OoT and SM64 back im the day, then you may not like them now. Don't let thw memers trick you, anon. Don't fall victim to the nintendo effect.
>>
>>3897464
Mah nigga. If there is any game on the planet that deserves a sequel, it's Blast Corps. I still haven't found anything that even remotely comes close to the playstyle.
>>
Star wars rogue squadron. It was bundled with the n64 and is probably the only reason that my dad bought the system
>>
>>3905793
I remember Rogue Squadron being the coolest shit ever..
going back it's shit compared to the one on GC
>>3897291
I only had SNES for the longest time, but goddamn did I love playing SM64 and Wave Race at the little demo kiosks that were all over the place.
I only ever got to be a sonygger
>>
>>3905731
This has already happened with the GameCube and it's hilarious to me. People who only had a GameCube were fucking miserable (like myself). I think it's because now people can get all the good games at once instead of waiting on one decent game a year.
>>
>>3905868
People are going nuts over the Gamecube
I'm trying to get nintendont going so i can play them all for free
>>
>>3905731
I was an idort (owned PlayStation, 3DO before the N64, also got a Saturn some time after), and I still think Super Mario 64 and OOT are great games (not the best, but good enough).
You're also comparing games that are too different from both SM64 and OOT, not even in the same genre.

You just seem like you're very pissed at Nintendo fanboys online, but because of that you're also underrating the games themselves.
>>
File: Cap Disgusting.jpg (132KB, 986x553px) Image search: [Google]
Cap Disgusting.jpg
132KB, 986x553px
>Her human form
>>
File: mischiefmarina.png (6KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
mischiefmarina.png
6KB, 320x240px
>>3906389
>not liking cute girls

Her adult self looks a bit goofy, you probably got that one.
>>
>>3897291
If we're going by first ones we've ever owned personally as well, then it's glover for me
>>
>>3905964
Im convinced all the extreme haters of the N64 are the kids who their friends didnt want to sleep at their house because he only had a PS1, so they all went over to someones house who had a 64 and could play Smash, Wrestling games and Goldeneye. 64 had the better multiplayer than the PS1 and was easier to host more friends.
>>
Superman64. Even then I realized that something was wrong. Never touched it again and played Smash all day.
>>
>>3897439
Playing through Mario 64 for the first time and man flying is so much fucking fun. I have no nostalgia of this game but fuck the controls are fluent and just all around fun.
>>
File: 1484243682213.jpg (33KB, 522x294px) Image search: [Google]
1484243682213.jpg
33KB, 522x294px
>>3897313
*Star Wars Episode I: Racer
>>
>>3905731
I will behead all those who insult SM64, but I never liked OoT that much and I struggle to even finish the 3DS remake from sheer boredom.
>>
>>3907153
SM64 deserves its status for the way it transferred its controls to 3D alone, something a lot of games had struggled with during what was understandably a very awkward gen initially.
>>
>>3905731
OoT and SM64 haven't aged too well, but its pretty unfair to go as far to say they suck balls. Sure Oot is smacks you in the face with it's annoying fairy and pre-rendered interior backdrops. And SM64 has a shitty camera.But that is more than made up for by the great game play these titles have.

But how could you say that Mega Man Legends is great when it has the second worst 3D movement (second to bubsy 3D which had an ever worse version of that control scheme)
>>
>>3905774
I was actually make a semi-sequel in unity. I was doing it to learn unity and stopped after a point but if someone actually cares I could keep making it. I lack motivating to do things if no one cares. If you're musician or modeller we could turn it into a thing.
>>
>>3905731
None of the games you listed are as good as SM64 or OoT. A few are close, but don't quite reach their zenith of quality. Some of the games you listed are barely even games.
>>
>>3905731
>Resident Evil
Never understood the hype for this series. Aged worse than milk, and is pretty much only loved for its campy z-movie appeal. Wasn't even the first of its kind like SM64 was.
>SOTN
I'll give you this one, but it's a bit hard to compare 2D to 3D.
>FFVII
While not outright bad is massively overrated and did absolutely nothing new besides flashy cinematics and clunky polygons in a JRPG. Also didn't really offer much challenge or strategy even when compared to other JRPGs at the time.
>MGS
Same as Resident Evil, only takes itself way more seriously.
>Megaman Legends
Never played it.

SM64 and OOT were far from perfect games but they were far more revolutionary and did more for the industry than any of the games you listed (save for Mega Man Legends which I already said I haven't played), that much cannot be argued.

Jesus did this thread go way off topic.
>>
>>3909007
>Metal Gear Solid not being on par or better than Oot and SM64.
>>
>>3897291
Mario64

>walmart put it on the shelf 2 weeks early
>>
>>3909482
MGS is kind of a novelty game
>oh neat voice acting
shieeet u can snap a nigga neck?
oh boy tappin walls im slick
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.