[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here play Fightcade? Just started playing Third Strike

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 8

Anyone here play Fightcade? Just started playing Third Strike and I'm getting raped.
>>
No, want to come play it on my Dreamcast?
>>
>>3896716
I didn't think people still played on there since the remix came out. Is the netcode better than it used to be? I haven't played 3s in 5+ years.

Also, does it still need adobe air to run?
>>
>>3896721
wanna come play it on my joy stick?
>>
>>3896727
All of the player base is on fightcade noone plays the remix and the netcode is better
>>
>>3896721
No, wanna play a version of 3S that doesn't have ugly resized sprites, screwed-up frame data, inaccurate hitboxes, and lag?
>>
>>3897492
No
>>
>>3896716
If you suck at fighting games, play ST instead.
>>
>>3896716
I have FightCade but I haven't gotten around to SF3 yet. Someday, though.
>>
For anyone with fightcade installed, does anyone play Last Blade 2 on there? I've always wanted to play but way back it didn't have a big online scene.

Waku Waku 7 and SamSho5 are other ones I missed out on as well, by the time I was interested enough to learn them there'd only be 2 other people I could play against, if that.
>>
>>3896727
Nope, fightcade doesn't require adobe air.
>>
>>3896716
Add razeq8 on steam or skype. always wanted to get into 3s and lb2
>>
>>3897557
I play lb2 and garou but im from Argentina.
>>
>>3898312
nigger
>>
File: 1381714513150.jpg (998KB, 992x1820px) Image search: [Google]
1381714513150.jpg
998KB, 992x1820px
>>3898316
>>
>>3896716
I play on fightcade, im not great either. id be happy to play some time.
>>
>>3898775
>We don't promote white guilt like the tons of feminist and liberals you got there
Yeah, you only promote equally retarded shit like "#NiUnaMenos" and force it on other South American countries
You are the faggots that made domestic violence the dankest of memes here in Peru
>>
>>3896716
you'll definitely find a lot of people to play with on this /fgc/ discord. If you ever want to play the niche as fuck games, someone will surely join you.

https://discord.gg/4ZsARRR
>>
go to /fgg/ on /vg/ and ask for their discord, all /vr/ does is pretend they play a3, st and 3s but will never see you in the lobby
>>
File: (hugomp).gif (5KB, 180x149px) Image search: [Google]
(hugomp).gif
5KB, 180x149px
I started playing a few month ago anon, i got there regulary, try finding some on on your level because most people just shit on you since they are all veterans.

>That guy who can 80% stun you in one Makoto Combo
>that other guy who can put you in the corner and make you never left

Some people there are just way to good. My complain with the game is the balance but besides that it is a really great game.
>>
>>3899115
>Peru
Thanks for all the criminals you send to my country.
>>
>>3899662
You welcome, faggot
>>
>>3899668
Wanna settle things on fightcade, peruvian nigger?
>>
>>3899115
>You are the faggots that made domestic violence the dankest of memes here in Peru
Pretty ironic considering a lot of said domestic violence is probably coming from illegal, brute peru immigrants.
Maybe if you keep them in your shithole instead of sending them to other countries, you wouldn't get memes forced.
>>
>>3899680
Ok
>>3899672
No
>>
I play 3s on Fightcade, my nickname is Aegis Reflector so it's kinda easy to figure out what my main is, heh.
I'm on Brazil though and i only play other south americans.

>I'm getting raped.
Most people in Fightcade, specially the ones playing fighting games, have either 500 or 5000 games under their belt, so you'll have to train a lot and take the game you want to learn seriously if you wish to become decent.
>>
Can you set Fightcade up so that you only play against friends and not randoms? I've never used it before.
>>
>>3899714
it's manual matchmaking. you don't have to take challenges from randoms.
>>
>>3896716
can someone explain why everyone dickrides memestrike? 3 was the worst games in the series.
>>
>>3899798
its fun and has a lot of characters
>>
Does anyone use fightcade for co-op beat-em-ups and shit?

I'm not competitive but would love to have someone to play those with.
>>
>>3899798
it takes the most skill and has tighter mechanics. just because it doesn't have your favorite characters does not make it a bad games, it just means you're a bad player for not learning someone new.
>>
>>3899707
Man, i wish i had good connection, im br myself but my family members always use the internet all the fucking time, even playing other brs is impossible with the amount of lag.
>>
>>3899854
I play Metal Slug on it.
>>
>>3899798
I can understand being frustrated with 3S because of parry option selects messing with high-level play, but A3 is probably the worst Street Fighter game.
>start the match with full meter
>guard crush AND custom combos
>just defends don't negate guard damage like in CvS2, they simply reduce it and they don't even reduce blockstun
>command grabs OTG during custom combo mode
>crouch cancel infinites
>air throws ignore damage scaling
>high-low unblockables
>kattobi cancels
>pretty much everything about V-Akuma
Yup, A3 is pretty bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhO7Ifh9ABw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHZxQYpVhyc
>>
>>3900069
Your thinking of Alpha 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5CscridX_g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeQzR5Y3hJA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BG58tywljI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMPKYFkkXqs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5LFwW_R9UA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ig-E8sBK18
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crQvNJFV_Ac
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMBkXFfQW28
>>
>>3900163
looks like the alpha series was made to be pretty like the anime movie, and nothing else.
>>
>>3900043

That would be fun too.
>>
>>3899798
Parries kill neutral but at the same time make the dynamic between advantage/disadvantage a shit ton more interesting.
>>
File: Gem_Fighter_sales_flyer.png (33KB, 222x311px) Image search: [Google]
Gem_Fighter_sales_flyer.png
33KB, 222x311px
I was going to make a thread about this game but I figured since a fightan thread is up why clutter things up. I picked up pocket fighter on the ps1 two years back and Im in love with it. Simple and responsive controlls with a fun art style and a bit of randomness. Does anyone else like pocket fighter?
>>
>>3899798
How easy it is to detect someone who wasn't good enough to become decent a 3rd Strike.
>>
>>3899394
no thanks, it's full of drumpftards
>>
Mostly ST and KOF98 here

>>3896727
The remix got dropped by players like a hot potato, also FC no longer requires Air
>>
>>3903207
>3S
>Hard
>Option select parry
>Safe poke xx super
So deep and technical!
>>
>>3903623
>>3903623
When both players are doing that it gets technical real quick.
>>
anyone want to play some arcade games with me?

I like fighters but not very good at them, don't want to throw myself at all the pakis, brazillians and mexicans

also any of the non-fighting games
>>
>>3903715
>don't want to throw myself at all the pakis, brazillians and mexicans

If you ever do want to get good, that's the best way. Playing other scrubs is fun in the short term but it re-enforces playing that way and slows down building skill.
>>
>>3903623
>safe poke
Nothing is safe in 3rd Strike, this is even more emphasized at high level play.

As i already knew, you're just making up bullshit to criticize a game that you are clearly not skilled enough to play.
Pitiful.
>>
>>3903741
Reminder that one of the most frequent posters in vr fighting threads only plays against AI and bases all his opinions around that.
>>
>>3903735
I don't want to get good though. Don't have the time for that

Just want to play with other scrubs and have fun
>>
>>3903883
That's cool then, hope you have fun.
>>
>>3903140
I started playing it a little recently
>>
>>3903140
i like that game more than any other mentioned in this thread
>>
>>3904237
Because it's not a fighter? The rebalance/remake is quite fun though, to be sure. Even the original's still fun just a little broken.
>>
>>3905535
Are you thinking of Puzzle Fighter? Pocket Fighter/Gem Fighter is very much a fighting game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyLEEkOycx0
>>
How do i use this? I started playing 3s for the first time months ago on mame, but now that i learn about this Fightcade i cannot make it work, something about ggpo ports 6000-6009
>>
>>3899707
I think i fought yesterday. Good yun.
>>
play SFV anon
>>
Super Turbo is a much better starting game. Used to wonder why it was still so recommended, but after playing a bunch of matches of it and 3rd Strike, I can safely say that Super Turbo is a much more beginner friendly game when it comes to multiplayer. That said, I have a lot of fun playing 3rd Strike on fightcade even if I'm getting my ass kicked, simply because it's always a brilliant experience to see people be so good at a game.
>>
>>3899854

I just downloaded fight cade myself this morning but had to head to work.

I'm disappointed some konami classics got overlooked like simpsons, sunset riders and x-men got overlooked but I also recognize this is a way for people to get into retro fighters first and foremost. Still, getting to play Undercover Cops online would be phenomenal.

My only problem now is finding roms that work. What are you interested in playing? Perhaps we can get a game going sometime.
>>
>>3907568
I tried playing super turbo and got absolutely destroyed by a dee jay player, dude killed me in 2 combos every time.
>>
Anyone know if the Japanese version of marvel super heroes vs street fighter is playable? I wanna play as norimaro
>>
>>3908495
It's still not going to be easy, certainly. Fighting games have the single greatest learning curve for a genre there is. I've been playing fighting games for years and still get my ass handed to me alot. Your best bet is fight the same people a lot and, basically, don't try to win at first. Just see what they do, and if you can develop any counters to what they do. See what trips you up, and see what they fall for. You have to analytically observe what they do and how they do it.

It's a lot of practice, basically. I mean, a lot of practice. There's a reason only a few hundred people use this service. You have to change up your playstyles as well, learn combos, practice parrying for 3S, etc etc. You are going to get your ass handed to you time and time again, and you just have to accept that if you want to get any better at this genre.

>>3908505
It's not, for some reason, which is really weird considering most games use the Japanese version.
>>
>>3899854

Still around? I found a bunch of roms. I'm not here to get seriously competitive myself.
>>
>>3909231
Norimaro is banned in tournaments, and even if he weren't it wouldn't matter because he's the worst character in the game. I don't care either way because MvSF is complete garbage anyways. Wolvie and Omega Red are so much better than the rest of the cast it's not even funny. It's worse balance than even Tekken 4.
>>
>>3908505
He is usable in both if you just use mame cheats.
>>
>>3907873
Looks like Metal Slug and the DnD Beat 'em ups are on there. That's a good start.
>>
>>3909239

Yeah, I'm around. I should probably make sure I have working roms for some games too
>>
>>3896727
Remix got dropped fast, shit Netcode. and online play was the main reason people bought it.
>>
why are there so many south americans on fightcade?
>>
>>3909869
Because arcades were popular in here and most south Americans dont want to pay for games. which is why they all play on fightcade.
>>
>>3909818

Well talk to me, what kind of games you looking to get into? I got all kinds of roms now. Are you on Discord?
>>
Fightcade is amazing.
I'm Winograd on SF3, play a bit of Ryu and trying to learn Makoto. Fuck up half-circles all the time
>>
Is this a problem with my computer? I picked up a rom package with most everything on it but 3S and JoJo have the hubs and the backgrounds completely fucked and I am wondering if there was something I missed.

Did I pick up the correct rom?
>>
>>3911518
look up fightan vidya, they have the good roms plus the extra ones you need for 3S and Jojo HFTF
>>
I'd play Windjammers but my internet is shit. But I still hang out in the lobby.
>>
>>3911712

Thank you. I have just one question then. I see the mandatory, but where do they get stuck in the folder?
>>
>>3912248
just put them in the same directory as the rest of your roms and Fightcade will do all the work for you
>>
>>3910503

Happy to try anything co-op. I have a discord but I'm real hesitant to post on this shit hole
>>
Should I learn KoF 98 or 02, if I played neither?
>>
>>3912364

Fair enough, what about your fight cade name? Anywhere I can find you? Rooms you might hang in?
>>
File: jojoba.png (821KB, 585x835px) Image search: [Google]
jojoba.png
821KB, 585x835px
Here is the best capcom fighter. Prove me wrong
>>
>>3913023
You're wrong because that game has no reversals and also has Petshop
>>
File: AAAAAAAAA.jpg (54KB, 395x310px) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAAAA.jpg
54KB, 395x310px
>>3913051
>Petshop

what the fuck were they thinking
>>
This is a weird question, but do there exist any controllers with a digital thumbstick?

I play fighting games both at two arcades, and on PC. While arcade stick is obviously the best control, I don't like using a stick at home because holding it on my lap is irritating and uncomfortable compared to just resting my hands on the panel, and I don't have space to put it on a table. I don't like using a d-pad much because rolling motions can be hard to perform.

Does there exist a controller that has an 8-way stick in the spot thumbsticks are on modern controllers, just not analog?
>>
>>3913650
There are SF-branded fighting pads that have a digital pad and 6 face buttons/2 shoulder buttons (think Saturn controller layout), I'm fairly certain SNK also used to make a PS2 version of their NGCD pad

If size is your biggest issue with using a stick, Mad Catz makes a mini-stick that can rest on one leg and since they're liquidating now you'll probably be able to find them for cheap in the near future
>>
>>3912969

Aww fuck it, my discord is Tawny#5183
>>
>>3914024

Alright, I sent a friend request.
>>
>>3912961
anyone?
>>
>>3915974
98 then 02
>>
>Tfw Waku Waku 7 is dead as fuck
It's too well made for how dead it is
>>
>>3897557
Waku Waku 7 is the shit. I need to get back on Fightcade so I can play it again.
>>
>>3899854
I wouldn't mind a play through Battle Circuit or Cadillacs & Dinosaurs on there sometime.
>>
>>3899126
Can I get a fresh link?
>>
>>3913051
That game has a shit ton of other problems and petshop is one that basically doesn't exist since no one even tries to play him
>>
>>3897557
dont waste your time with lb2 that game is horrendously broken
>>
>>3913023
t. jojobrony
opinion invalidated
>>
File: 1491787064078.jpg (2MB, 1560x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1491787064078.jpg
2MB, 1560x1200px
>>3916254
>not enjoying the works of Hirohiko Araki
>>
File: 1486417864009.jpg (125KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1486417864009.jpg
125KB, 800x800px
>>3917373
>enjoying the works of Hirohiko Araki
>>
Yeh I use it to play Samurai Shodown 4 and 5.
>>
>>3916254
m8, ripping off JoJo and Hokuto is pretty much the basis for fighting game character design in Capcom and SNK.
Thread posts: 101
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.