[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

High level bosses made to look easy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault.jpg (57KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
57KB, 960x720px
Post 'em.

Here's FF9's Ozma being beaten with just level 1 Freya.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DhRM22NB8w

There must be loads more of videos like these from different retro videogames, right?
>>
Three things to bear in mind about FF9:

1.) Ozma's AI script is almost entirely based on countering your menu cursor's movements.

2.) Several character skills are powered up in ways that are completely unrelated to leveling up. e.g. Quina's Frog Drop can quickly reach max damage by simply having Quina run around swamps and capture frogs.

3.) Enemy HP is restricted to a 16-bit value (i.e. a maximum of 65,535)

So it's not farfetched that a level 1 character can solo any boss in this game. All the player would have to do is train any non-level-specific character skill until it could achieve max damage.
>>
Check Garlandthegreat's youtube channel, he's probably the best (or most autist) FFVII player in the world
>>
In FF9 I found a full proof safe way to kill Grand Dragons up Gizamaluke's grotto at the start of Disc2 when going back to Zidane's party.

Grand Dragons have 3 attacks: a poison attack, a thunder attack, and the regular physical attack. The key is to have all your characters immuned to poison and thunder, which at this stage of the game actually takes a lot, and to have a shit down of phoenix down and always keep someone ready to revive anyone hit by his physical attack.
>>
>>3896597
This was one of the few bosses I managed to beat on my first try. I do remember having Quina use some magic to do damage and some healing wind spell to keep my party alive.

He was my main healer.
>>
File: squole.png (333KB, 458x347px) Image search: [Google]
squole.png
333KB, 458x347px
>>3896562
>Rinoa
>>
File: high-level-character-design.jpg (39KB, 409x472px) Image search: [Google]
high-level-character-design.jpg
39KB, 409x472px
>>3896597
I'm not saying that's not true, but it simply doesn't apply at all to the scenario in OP's video. It's based on extremely specific conditions (the character must be able to simply disappear as a target, the other characters must be dead for the pattern to work to begin with, and a certain sidequest must be cleared for Ozma to actually damage itself with Doomsday)
>>
>>3896632

There's a variety of ways to defeat a Grand Dragon in Discs 1 and 2, with and without Quina (e.g. get Quina to 1 hp [might be difficult, I don't remember] and use Limit Glove, and then Eat). For years I assumed the only way you could defeat one that early was if you let Freya win the contest at Lindblum but even THAT isn't necessary.
>>
>>3896597
>3.) Enemy HP is restricted to a 16-bit value (i.e. a maximum of 65,535)
Do remember that there are no attacks in FF9 that hit more than once.

>>3896619
XeroKynos as well. He speed runs FF7 100% (One of each item and materia, all bosses, all limits, all sidequests) in 15 hours, and does similar with FF8 (albeit with help of Chocobo World)
>>
>>3896660
I'm talking about being pretty much immune to Grand Dragons, it's a bulletproof way that doesn't require grinding for a character's special attack (like Quina's frogs) or relying on dicey situations like having a character at a certain hp and crossing your finger so that he doesn't get hit.
The way I found doesn't just let you "beat a Grand Dragon", but beat as many as you want in a row with your 4 party members alive at the end of the fight.
>>
>>3896726

mb, I misread.
>>
>>3896662
>Do remember that there are no attacks in FF9 that hit more than once.

But there are plenty of attacks that hit for 9999 damage, and presumably ignore defense power in the process. You can KO anything in less than two rounds.
>>
>>3896662
Charge! can do multiple hits for the one command use
>>
File: Squall.jpg (149KB, 401x1011px) Image search: [Google]
Squall.jpg
149KB, 401x1011px
>>3896640
>>
File: 1362960884712.png (102KB, 241x228px) Image search: [Google]
1362960884712.png
102KB, 241x228px
>boss has a crazy complex attack pattern
>there's a safe spot that his attacks never hit so you can just stand there and spam A until he dies
>>
Can't stop the dragon lady
>>
>>3896562
>press a button while in the menu and have a moogle give you a small description of whatever the cursor is on

I forgot about that. Wish other FFs had that, thought it was neat and added a bit of charm.
>>
Emerald Weapon beaten by a frog: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxJ915bmb78

A level 1 frog takes down Shinryu: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLniVzk5qOY
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.