[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Final Fantasy VI

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Final_Fantasy_VI.jpg (34KB, 478x264px) Image search: [Google]
Final_Fantasy_VI.jpg
34KB, 478x264px
how bad is the gba port exactly? Just finished 5 advance and wondering what the best way to play 6 is
>>
Original Super Famicom release
>>
>>3894929
as in a fan translation of 6 or the us "3" translation?
>>
>>3894934
As in no translation.
>>
>>3894935
demo watashi wa nihongo de yomu no ga heta desu
>>
>>3894927
I say play the snes release. You could also play the gba version with a patch that adds the snes music.
>>
>>3894939
Then you need to learn it.
>>
>>3894927
Patch the snes version with the hard mode patch. It fixes evasion and has limited magic and stat growth. Its the best version
>>
>>3894927
Play the enhanced remake FFVII___
>>
File: 1436515215387.png (131KB, 348x339px) Image search: [Google]
1436515215387.png
131KB, 348x339px
>What's the best way to play X?
>The original Japanese beta build
>This specific ROM hack with five or six different patches
>The original release with broken gameplay mechanics because of superior sound quality for MIDI tracks in a game that has no voice work and a higher resolution for 16-bit sprites
>>
>>3894927
>how bad is the gba port exactly?

Square / TOSE / whoever really did a shit job at porting any of the FF games to GBA. They all suffer from the same issues: Shitty font, technicolor bright palettes, ugly downscaled backgrounds and crampy battle screens, dumbed down difficulty, worse-than-original retranslations, and shoehorned bonus content / dungeons that don't fit with the game's setting at all.

Proceed at your own peril.

And this >>3895056
These threads are seriously fucking cancer.
>>
>>3894927
The GBA ports suffer from a smaller resolution, brighter pallette, and scratchy sounds. Restoring them with color and sound patches helps but not completely. For VI, SNES retranslations are a plenty but it's really a matter of preference. A LOT of people really like the original SNES translation and others prefer the updated and dry GBA translation.

Steer clear of the RPG One translation. It's inaccurate and outdated and takes more liberties than it should. It's almost as bad as JRPG's version of FF IV.

Relocalized uses the GBA font and translation for the most part, with some things changed for space.

Woolsey Uncensored takes the SNES translation as a base but clears up translation errors using the GBA script as a fix.

Both Woolsey Uncensored and Relocalized uncensor the graphics. Personally I prefer Woolsey Uncensored over them all.
>>
>>3895547
>RPG One translation
>takes more liberties than it should.
How so? Every complaint I've ever seen about it was about how it's too literal a translation.

Frankly as awkward as it is it's still my go-to version of FF6. I'll take lifeless but accurate translations over the character rewrites that come with every Woolsey based translation.
>>
>>3894927
Play the SNES version, the normal USA release. It's fine.

Also don't listen to anyone that says to play the patched GBA versions - they still don't look or sound anywhere near as good as the original.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.