[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

South Korea Consoles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: post-1-0-90745400-1477197965.jpg (130KB, 1215x920px) Image search: [Google]
post-1-0-90745400-1477197965.jpg
130KB, 1215x920px
Were there any South Korean video games or video game consoles?

Taiwan had the Super A'Can.
>>
There's a fully sick Samsung branded Mega Drive I've always kind of wanted
>>
>>3893052
You mean the Super Aladdin Boy? Or was that Samsung?

Anyhow, all Japanese consoles were locally rebranded due to trading rules or ingrained xenophobia or something.
>>
File: Zemmix_Turbo.jpg (34KB, 500x564px) Image search: [Google]
Zemmix_Turbo.jpg
34KB, 500x564px
>>3893042
I think OP is talking about original consoles.
>>
>>3893079
Isn't that thing an MSX?
>>
I always read Super A'Can with a Kansai dialect.
>>
>>3893090
Indeed.

Has Korea ever invented anything significant?
>>
>>3893090
How do I find it?
>>
MSX is Japanese
>>
File: NES Comboy.jpg (242KB, 980x735px) Image search: [Google]
NES Comboy.jpg
242KB, 980x735px
As >>3893065 was saying, all Nintendo consoles up to the Nintendo DS were rebranded by for example Hyundai because Japanese companies weren't allowed to sell their products in Korea. I have no idea why the Hyundai Comboy still says Nintendo though.
>>
>>3894310
Huh. I figured they'd use the Famicom mold.
>>
>>3893042
There was all kinds of shit over a long period of time. Nothing original worth mentioning. Sorta like Taiwan. lel.

>>3893137
I assume you phrase it that way because you think it gives you weeb cred. It does, but not in a good way.
>>
There was a rare South Korean arcade/PC fighting game discovered a couple years back
>>
>>3893042
http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/korea/korea.htm

I know people here tend to hate on HG101, but there's an absolute fuckload of info in this
>>
>>3894328
In Hong Kong, they released both the Famicom and the NES officially. The Hong Kong version of the Famicom was NTSC internally but had an internal PAL-convertor. Way better than the crap involving changing the internals of the console Nintendo and every other console maker did from then up until analog TV-formats were rendered irrelevant.
>>
>>3893042
There was some handheld like the GP32 but those aren't retro even if they're used as emulation machines 99% of the time.

Korea is PC territory and has been since the days of DOS.
>>
>>3894328
They wanted to disguise the Japanese roots so they sold the American localizations.
>>
I dont think they have video games in korea...
>>
>>3899473
>I dont think
You are correct
>>
>>3893163
>Has Korea ever invented anything significant?
kimchi
>>
>>3900587
Nah. Spicy pickled veggies were around long before those gooks. And remember where you are. Weebs love that sweet young jap kimchi and will argue to the ends of the earth that it's the only real kimchi made the way developers original intended.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.