[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ding lost games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 13

File: Horror Tour 3 front cover.jpg (438KB, 794x1204px) Image search: [Google]
Horror Tour 3 front cover.jpg
438KB, 794x1204px
How would you go about finding obscure retro games that have been lost to time? Games that you know are out there, but you can't play because they were never ripped to the internet and there's not much info or screens of the games. Examples of these kind of games include Horror Tour 3 / Labyrinthe (pictured), Osamu Sato's Roly Poly games (same guy who made Eastern Mind and LSD), Refixion III, Imagynasium, etc.

For example a couple years ago people on /vr/ were looking for the sequel to Eastern Mind, and a random Japanese anon had it in his attic. But that was only good luck, for Japanese games maybe it would be best to ask on 2ch or some other forum (I don't know any) but I know 2ch is Japan IPs only.
>>
File: Horror Tour 3 back cover.jpg (459KB, 788x1195px) Image search: [Google]
Horror Tour 3 back cover.jpg
459KB, 788x1195px
>>3892994
oops, title was to supposed to be "how to go about finding lost games". Had to switch to regular captcha to post a thread and copy and pasted badly.

Anyway here's the back cover
>>
File: 1388694830429.png (719KB, 1374x722px) Image search: [Google]
1388694830429.png
719KB, 1374x722px
>>3893000
Here's Roly Polys.
Also a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=torb-9PC5ks
The guy wouldn't sell his copy and wouldn't upload (afraid of Japan copy laws). Such a shame.
>>
File: IMG_6921.jpg (84KB, 720x845px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6921.jpg
84KB, 720x845px
Help me find this movie to game adaptation, VR!!!!
>>
>implying this will uncover anything of worth
>>
>>3893193
Yeah I doubt anyone browsing here would have any of these games but I'm just asking for tips on how to find games like these other than checking Ebay/Yahoo Japan every day.
>>
>>3893003
>never tell internet you have copy
>release to internet anonymously
>?????
>gee now they dont know who to sue
>>
>>3893193
not true. for example the lost pc port of the 3DO game plumbers dont wear ties was just found and ripped online
>>
>>3892994
>_ ___ __ ___ ___ _____
>>
>>3893543
what?
>>
>>3892994
is the weird that the only reason i am interested in this is is for the goblin girl on the front?
>>
File: 40003201.jpg (234KB, 850x1204px) Image search: [Google]
40003201.jpg
234KB, 850x1204px
>>3892994
Anyone want to help me find the undumped arcade game Pastel Island by Visco? There are a ton of lost/undumped arcade games because they were produced in low numbers.

Kenichi Kamio composed music for the game and lists it on his site here. I guess you could try contacting him on twitter but I dont know japanese. Also here is the flyer for the game.
http://www.lightlink.co.jp/kamio/prof/games.html
パステルワールド (Pastel Island) (株)ビス SSV
>>
File: 40003202.jpg (298KB, 850x1204px) Image search: [Google]
40003202.jpg
298KB, 850x1204px
>>3893627
Back of flyer. I cant find any videos online so I think it was canceled and unreleased.
>>
File: Yaku Yuujou Dangi.jpg (41KB, 308x320px) Image search: [Google]
Yaku Yuujou Dangi.jpg
41KB, 308x320px
Not fully lost but just about. basically no info on it seems to exist online for it and the sequel. I had found a youtube channel that was offering a playthrough translated to English for the sequel but it never got very far and only has four videos uploaded. Real shame, these look pretty interesting to me.
>>
File: 1459305184026.gif (908KB, 500x318px) Image search: [Google]
1459305184026.gif
908KB, 500x318px
>>3893640
It's not lost, just obscure. But really text heavy so if you don't know jap you can't really get into it. I have no idea what the story is about but I like how it looks
>>
File: 1445695675422.jpg (25KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
1445695675422.jpg
25KB, 321x322px
>>3893567
>>
>>3892994
There are a few key steps to doing this.
1. Fetishize the game. Regularly start threads about it and how it's impossible to find and would be such an ebik find. The more people know about it and are competing to get it the better chances of you getting it
2. Once the game has been Fetishized badger anyone who has a copy on a regular basis. The more you want it to more likely they are to sell it to you at a super low price.
3. When they do decide to sell it post more threads about the auction. The more people you have bidding against you the more likely you are to get it at that low price
4. Overpay massively

Congratulations. You're now the proud owner of Garage. kek
>>
File: Sequece Palladium.gif (98KB, 354x500px) Image search: [Google]
Sequece Palladium.gif
98KB, 354x500px
>>3892994
Supposedly using Share/Perfect Dark, but I could never get them to work for me.

Too bad - I'm fairly certain the Kogado strategy games would not be that hard to find there.
>>
>>3894269
Have you got a guide on how to use perfect dark?
>>
>>3894264
yeah that's how it tends to go, regardless of quality, thing gets enough attention in certain groups and the price of the few copies go through the roof. Garage is up for sale on an import site I frequent for roughly ¥300,000.

Don't like losing media, but maybe some stuff really isn't worth the effort.
>>
File: Horror Tour 2 cover.jpg (57KB, 384x373px) Image search: [Google]
Horror Tour 2 cover.jpg
57KB, 384x373px
>>3894264
>>3895137
I just want to see how Horror Tour ends, plus that cover looks sexy. 2nd game ends in a to be continued cliffhanger and it was only found in 2014.
>>
>>3892994
I can't believe people are still talking about this. I wrote the entry on HG101 a couple of years ago where I mentioned about the quasi-existence of the third game
>>3895235
> it was only found in 2014.
Kurt actually managed to find a copy from a contact he had working in a games shop in Japan. He ripped the ISO to give to me when I reviewed the second game. It baffles me that others find this particular series interesting I thought I was the only one.
>>
>>3895312
Can you explain the solution to the forest maze? I had to look up a video walkthrough (there's only one) and the solution is super long and doesn't make sense, he figured it out through pressing escape a bunch of times which cycles through all the frames in the area. I know what the girls say in that one house but it didn't help.
>>
>>3895326
If I recall from what I wrote in the article there are the group of women who I guess are courtesans or something, they tell you the sequence of directions to get through it, kind of like the Lost Woods in the first Zelda.
>>
>>3895328
Yeah I think what they say is
>right right left straight 3 left
which doesn't work
But the solution in the video was
>right straight left straight straight right straight straight left straight left straight right straight
Which seems a bit too long
>>
>>3895331
If it worked in the video I'd go with that. When I wrote about it back in 2014 I was just starting to learn Japanese and kind of went in to the game blind. If I were being honest I'd say playing the game just isn't worth it, as I recall the combat was terrible.
>>
>>3895337
Did you even finish it?
>>
>>3895340
No. I gave up just after you get the third tier of sword but I got annoyed with the battles. It's possible that the problem was running it in WIn 3.1 in DOSBox but between that and the fact that for the most part I had no clue what was going on I kind of dropped it, plus Kurt was waiting on the article. For me the most fun came from finding about the history of the games and tracking them down, only to be kind of disappointed when it actually came to playing them. Incidentally how did you come across this game? Did you play the first one?
>>
>>3895343
I subscribed to the guy who did a let's play of the game on Youtube (he plays mostly obscure games), decided to play it myself since I like old point and clicks like Eastern Mind. I did play the first one before the second and it was much easier and had a wider variety of music, no combat. For the second one I used a version of Dosbox with savestates so the combat was bearable, had to consult the video guide a couple times but ended up beating it. The boss alone takes like half an hour and I don't think it's possible to beat him without savestates. There are 3 endings depending on the gems you pick in the desert (I don't know if you got that far) and only one of them allows you to fight the boss and see the "to be continued" style ending. You should watch the endings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpUcwGSZRXU
3:14:30 he shows the endings, around 3:51:00 is when he defeats the boss.

Somehow I ended up enjoying them equally, I liked the second one because it had more environments to go to and the first one was more comfy and puzzle oriented. I think the third one would be more like the first one because you're stuck in a specific area like the castle.
>>
>>3895368
Yes I know Saint. If you were wondering what he was referring to in the comments section it was this http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/horrortour/horrortour.htm I wrote that three years ago so take it for what it is. Like I said I can't believe people found it interesting, let alone make a full playthrough of it.
>>
>>3895384
Oh cool, yeah I read that article so I knew you got past the forest area. I didn't read the comments though.
>"there's a guy on ebay who confirms to have seen it before, but a while ago"
So the third game exists, but barely. I'm guessing you don't have any advice on finding it.
>>
>>3895393
I tried. I found the Amazon page, then I wasted countless hours going through mirrors and archives ofr 2ch and other Japanese forums for a hint. To my knowledge Caravan have made the Horror Tour games and a game called Solblast. That's it. I can only presume that if there's an Amazon entry then it must have been in print at some point, but the lack of any evidence beyond that is disheartening.
>>
File: 1404426666251.png (8KB, 1275x99px) Image search: [Google]
1404426666251.png
8KB, 1275x99px
>>3895403
>>3895393
OH I forgot I searched the archive a while back and found a post where someone found that the game was sold once on Yahoo Japan Auctions in 2005.

I tried looking for the post again but can't find it, 100% exists and was sold though
>>
>>3894347
http://kasumi.moe/pd/

Never worked for me for whatever reason but maybe you'll fare better
>>
>>3894269
>>3895827
OP here I got it to work but couldn't find anything. I could search for your stuff if you give me some Japanese keywords
>>
File: Screenshot_20170401-012209.png (309KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170401-012209.png
309KB, 1080x1920px
I messaged this guy and he said he found these games at a webshop.
>>
>>3895829
Kogado Studios - 工画堂スタジオ (Try 工画堂 as well, I guess)
Sequence Palladium - シークエンス・パラディウム
PowerDoLLs - パワードール (2 and 5 are up for download on English sites, but the rest isn't)
>>
>>3896575
Found a lot of stuff, do you just want PowerDoLLs 1-6 and Sequence Palladium? Or other stuff by Kogado Studios? Also I can't download anything yet so I might need to run the program for like a week or something, not sure. It has to download 40GB of storage files at 200kb/s for some reason.
>>
>>3896945
>for some reason
That's encrypted cash files, so other people can download their stuff.
>>
>>3897145
Well I've let it run for the past 5 hours and it's only at 1.5 GB. I've had a download queued from the start and it still hasn't started yet, not sure if I need the whole 40 GB for it to start or not.
>>
>>3896945
>Or other stuff by Kogado Studios?
The Schwarzschild series and Mars Plan (火星計画) series might be nice - Got Mars Plan 3 though so I won't need that specific one
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.