[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fun Game Easter Eggs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9

File: nintendo easter eggs.jpg (343KB, 1200x1500px) Image search: [Google]
nintendo easter eggs.jpg
343KB, 1200x1500px
Hyrule - Termina - and Mushroom kingdom are all connected
>>
>>3891115
Was ever found out what the Book's meaning/backstory/link was in one of the "newer" (not retro) Mario was? Also under water.
>>
Interesting fact. Mario is the reincarnation of the Hero, Peach is the Reincarnation of the Goddess Hylia and Bowser is the reincarnation of Demise. The Mushroom Kingdom is Hyrule millenia in the future.
>>
>>3891115
Well I mean they just could be carried over assets too.
>>
Did you guys know that Super Mario Bros 2 is actually a Famicom Disk System game called Doki Doki Panic which was reworked to have Mario characters in it? The Japanese SMB2 was deemed too hard for western game players, but they did release it later as part of Super Mario All Stars as Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels.
>>
ITT, OP gathers material for his Youtube channel.
>>
>>3891798
^^ This.

Really cool factoid.
>>
>>3891798
Holy shit. Is there a video explaining this more?
>>
>>3891815
Yes. Try this https://youtu.be/2EUYSN5aFcE
>>
>>3891115
it's called "reused assets".
>>
>>3891115
The last two just looks like a case of Nintendo reusing assets to save time.
>>
>>3891115
>it is forbidden for a game company to reuse assets
>>
>>3891798
WOW, THANKS WIKIPEDIA
>>
>>3891626
Either that or the old hero-princess-beast formula has been recycled up the ass
>>
>>3891115
The inscribed tablet and the door are legitimately interesting recycled assets. I never noticed that.
>>
Why didn't anybody make a fuzz about L IS REAL in Zelda?
>>
SMB1 and Zelda 1 were developed simultaneously--as were Mario 64 and Zelda 64. Miyamoto's team would just come up with generic gameplay ideas and then Miyamoto would sort them into a "Mario pile" or "Zelda pile" and they would make the game from there.

The idea of the main hub being a castle and you would go into paintings to different worlds actually started in Zelda 64 which is why Ganon's castle is still just a hub for a bunch of shitty mini dungeons. Miyamoto thought the concept would work better for SM64 and used it there.
>>
>>3891798
Hahaha, great post!
>>
>>3892901
Because the game was so dark on the N64 that most people probably couldn't see that the slab had writing on it.
>>
File: kindergarten cop silent hill.jpg (114KB, 591x1597px) Image search: [Google]
kindergarten cop silent hill.jpg
114KB, 591x1597px
cmon post real easter eggs
>>
>>3894802

Heh, I remember this.

I wonder how this happened, or why. While it'd be funny if it were an intentional allusion as a result of someone being a big fan of the film, like some of the street names and other horror references in the game, chances are they just thought "Hey, we need a lot of reference material for an American elementary school... Oh, that Schwarzenegger movie was set in one, right? Let's just base it on that."
>>
File: 1489589232338.gif (2MB, 600x333px) Image search: [Google]
1489589232338.gif
2MB, 600x333px
>>
File: silent hill 1.jpg (369KB, 2540x1429px) Image search: [Google]
silent hill 1.jpg
369KB, 2540x1429px
>>3894809

I remember the thread it was posted in, and I remember all the replies were surprised so I assume the references to Kindergarten Cop weren't known before: I saved the image on the 24th February 2012. As far as I can tell it took 12 or 13 years for the Kindergarten Cop references to be found. Baffling imo.
>>
File: Super Donkey Kong (J) (R1.1)001.png (52KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
Super Donkey Kong (J) (R1.1)001.png
52KB, 256x224px
The island in Donkey Kong Country is shaped like Donkey's face.
>>
>>3894809
Couldn't it be that the same building just happened to be used both as the base for that location in Silent Hill and to record scenes of that movie?
>>
>>3894838
That's a bit of a stretch, anon.
>>
File: gmymis.png (315KB, 317x416px) Image search: [Google]
gmymis.png
315KB, 317x416px
>>3891798
>>
>>3891115
because game assets have never been reused before
>>
darksouls is based on the old retro demonsouls
>>
>>3891830
>>3892091
>>3892105
>>3892872
>>3894979
Only the tablet seems is an actual reused asset, the boss key and the doors are similar, but not actually the same.
>>
File: bowser.png (268KB, 497x685px) Image search: [Google]
bowser.png
268KB, 497x685px
>>
>>3894838
Actually, it's Swanky's head.
>>
More a case of reusing assets, op.

>>3895303
I believed they used the same high-resolution stock textures to create both doors, just changed some things here and there. The Zelda one have a bigger texture.
>>
>>3894892
Yeah could be. Konami needs a ton of reference shots, contacts a US company that does location scouting or set dressing or similar and asks to buy a bunch of their stock images, they've just worked on the movie kindergarten cop, sells them those as it's what they're looking for, a bunch of weird similarities happen.
>>
>>3896261
>I believed they used the same high-resolution stock textures to create both doors, just changed some things here and there. The Zelda one have a bigger texture.

No, look closer, they're different textures.
Obviously they tried to make it similar, but it's newly made, not a reused asset, like the stone tablet.
>>
>>3891798

Early Aprils fools eh, i am not believing this at all.
you wont trick je again 4chans!
>>
File: zeldamystery.jpg (57KB, 1735x277px) Image search: [Google]
zeldamystery.jpg
57KB, 1735x277px
There's a flying plane from Star Fox 64 in Zelda as part of a debug mode
>>
>>3891828
I love this video so much.
>>
>>3894892
Considering how specific the signs and bus placement are I would assume it was from watching an official Kindergarten Cop VHS home movie
>>
>>3896290
Different textures made from the same assets, just re-rendered.
>>
In Fraiser for the SNES if you beat the game in under 4 hours you get a bonus cooking game in the credits that if you beat unlocks an alternate color palate for Fraiser and Niles
>>
>>3902493
love this meme
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.