[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FF8: No Level Run

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: BATTLESTATION.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
BATTLESTATION.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Big fan of this game, have never done a run where I avoided experience.

I haven't even got Ifrit yet, I just started and went ahead and stocked some magic up before I went to bed last night.

From what I can tell, the biggest hurdle I'm going to have in this run, is managing GF AP.

Is there like some formula that everyone typically follows to maximize their AP points, while avoiding EXP? I've got them set to learn their element refine ability first, but I'm considering switching Ramuh-Bird to learn Card first.
>>
>>3890690
DUDE
>>
Killing enemies with GFs doesn't give you XP, just AP. Same with card ability.
>>
>>3890690
Well you picked by far the easiest game to do it in.
>>
>>3890690
I can smell your unemployment through my screen.
>>
>>3890690
Dude cut your fucking toenails
>>
>>3890707
>Killing enemies with GF's doesn't give you XP
That sounds like crap, to be honest.

>>3890715
I'm posting from work right now. I'd much prefer to be home playing FF8 though.
>>
>>3890690

"Cheater" way

>Run from all battles except Ifrit
>Rush to Dollet
>Kill off Zell and Squall
>Grind AP with Seifer
>Learn whatever junctions you want.
>Specifically Card from Quetz
>When you're done, res squall and zell and continue with the game
>Whenever you want to grind, or fight mandatory battles use Card to kill

Some stuff you need to use Break because it's immune to card.
>>
>>3890690
I never did a no level up run, the closest was finishing the game at level 25 which was good enough for me.

If i remember well beating enemies with break is the safest choice, not sure how you could get it this early though..
>>
>>3890730
I was just literally thinking about doing that.

>I remember Seifer even has a speech ready to declare all the experience belongs to him during that segment
>>
>>3890690
Either Card or Break magic (petrifying enemies won't give you EXP as far as I remember)
>>
>>3890730
>Kill off Zell and Squall

Just bear in mind that the battle meter you acquire from Cid keeps score of how many times your allies have been KO'd. If you're a perfectionist, that might tarnish your save file.
>>
>>3890801
Majority of my runs involve keeping Squall at the brink of death for constant limit breaks, so it's just part of the game for me.
>>
>>3890690
you ever smoke your toenails bro?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.