[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

whats the best 2D castlevania game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_2679.jpg (490KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2679.jpg
490KB, 1632x1224px
pic related
>>
Aka Rondo of Blood plebs version.
>>
>>3890163
Nice meme. 2D Castlevania is no match for 3D Castlevania
>>
File: 1490751372077.png (258KB, 442x403px) Image search: [Google]
1490751372077.png
258KB, 442x403px
>>3890181
>>
>>3890181

>Calling opinions that differ from your own "memes"
>>
>>3890170
More like Rondo of Blood 2.
People who liked Rondo should like Dracula X, it's Rondo but with different, harder levels.
>>
>>3890191
this
>>
File: snes-super-castlevania-cart.jpg (37KB, 480x301px) Image search: [Google]
snes-super-castlevania-cart.jpg
37KB, 480x301px
Don't get me wrong, I love Castlevania 4 too
>>
>>3890195
Post a picture of it on your SNES then.
>>
Akumajou Densetsu.
>>
>>3890191
>but with different, harder levels.
s/harder/shittier/
>>
File: whip.gif (399KB, 500x448px) Image search: [Google]
whip.gif
399KB, 500x448px
>>3890249
fucking this
>>
Symphony Of The Night, my dear bitches. Shooting super missiles in Dracula's face while shinesparking - it doesn't get any better.
>>
>>3890316
Spotted the pleb.
>>
>>3890249
>>3890283
Jaded autists.
>>
>>3890502
Dracula X has a better First level but aside from that it gets progressively worse and worse. what were they thinking with that Dracula fight
Fucking bloodlines had better level design with it's retarded split screen final level than Dracula X
>>
>>3890505
I like the level design on DX, maybe because I like the level design on Dracula's Curse.
At any rate, I'd never consider it shitty or a bad game like many hyperbolic people on the internet say.
>>
>>3890508
as far as I can see,
there's two versions of the same game
Dracula X
Rondo of Blood

they tell the same story, essentially the Prologue to Symphony of the Night, and I'll stick to the one that I prefer

Unlike games that are two versioned like Pokemon or Zelda Oracles, these games weren't made side by side,and meant to be played together.
I'll stick to the one that I prefer. I'm just saying what I don't like about the other. not saying Rondo has it's faults, which It does. enemy placement can be a little jankey, and the level design of the Clock tower (and the bridge to get to it) is utter bullshit sure.
I still prefer it over Dracula X
>>
>>3890513
>I prefer
>I'll stick

That's fine, it's your personal opinion, but you don't *have* to prefer one and dislike the other, both games can be enjoyed, in fact I find it weird that people who like Rondo wouldn't like DX.
One thing is to prefer one of them, but disliking one of them and liking the other? Weird.
>>
>>3890191
From a technical point RoB just could not be transferred completely in a SNES, but honestly, they could've done something much better. We were left with really uninteresting, messy level design and relatively worse soundtrack, again for limitations.
>>
>>3890163

i played Castlevania Dracula X for the first time with an emulator and savestate and even then i could just barely beat the game. Dracula's final form with all those pillars is fucking impossible.
>>
>>3890170
How is it pleb when it's actually challenging? rondos the pleb shit for weeb faggots.
>>
>>3890505
>Dracula X has a better First level but aside from that it gets progressively worse and worse. what were they thinking with that Dracula fight
what a surprise shitplayer calls game bad because he's bad at it.
>>
>>3890163
Bloodlines, for the genesis. You get castlevania AND bionic commando.
>>
I'm seriously wondering if the Snes could have handled a Metroidvania-type Castlevania game.
>>
>>3891379
Well, it had both metroid and castlevania...
>>
>>3891382
But i wondered if the Snes could have handled a game like the GBA Castlevanias.
>>
File: Castlevania_chronicles_japan.jpg (75KB, 475x463px) Image search: [Google]
Castlevania_chronicles_japan.jpg
75KB, 475x463px
>>
File: 20170329_195016.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170329_195016.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>3890163
It's my favorite because as a kid it was the first game who's atmosphere completely enveloped and horrified me. Those dripping caves, those skeletal horses in the background all combined with that haunting organ soundtrack. It plays barely like the more rigid classic Castlevania style (1, 2, 3, Rondo, X, Bloodlines) so I get why people have issues. The whip mechanic adds a ton of defensive and offensive gameplay options. It's essentially a shield for every one hit enemy/projectile.
>>
I've always wanted to try Rhondo of Blood. Is there an english turbografx rom out there?
>>
>>3891393

I'm not trying to be a hipster, but I agree with this. I didn't get to experience the original Castlevania back in its day, but after I picked up on the PS1 rendition, I thought the level design felt a lot more solid than the other CV games I had played up until then.

Now, personal favorite? That's another matter. Simon's Quest won me over with its gray, dying world aesthetic and RPG mechanics. But I have to admit the game is poorly balanced, and the English translation is abominable. So while it's not what I'd consider the "best" game in the series due to some design flaws, it is nonetheless my favorite.
>>
neither snes castlevania game is good
>>
>>3891683
I respect your opinion.
>>
>>3891393
this
>>
>>3891683
SCV IV is a good game but no way it's better than Rondo.
>>
>>3891583
Look up "Blue ryu vs Darkstalkers" on google, it's how I found it
>>
>>3891349
>implying I didn't beat it
There's a difference between hard game design like CVIII
Or really bad design like Dracula X
>>
My favorite is the first one, but imo none of them are really that good.
>>
I liked Simon's Quest because it was more of a free-roam RPG.
>>
Castlevania III.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.