[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best comic book game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: Comix_Zone_-_2002_-_Sega.jpg (178KB, 1440x960px) Image search: [Google]
Comix_Zone_-_2002_-_Sega.jpg
178KB, 1440x960px
Best comic book game?
>>
File: 1409675170360.jpg (112KB, 575x500px) Image search: [Google]
1409675170360.jpg
112KB, 575x500px
You mean games based OFF of comic books?

Teenage mutant ninja turtles arcade games

And I'm not sure if it's really that good but Scud's game on the Saturn.
>>
>>3889847
is CZ really considered that difficult? I've been toying with the idea of streaming a run because I always blitz through it and only really slow down on page 3-3 but it's not really that hard of a game.
>>
>>3889962
>is CZ really considered that difficult?

No, it's piss easy, but people playing it today can't figure out a game if it doesn't give you checkpoints every 5 minutes and regenerating health.
>>
>>3889962
It's a trial and error kind of game. It looks like a beat 'em up, and it kind of plays like one, but a its core CZ is an adventure game, you need to know what to do.
>>
>>3889847
Genesis was the best in all categories
Ecco: best dolphin game
Sonic: best hedgehog game
Moonwalker: best Michael Jackson game
ToeJam and Earl: best alien rap game
Altered Beast: best ancient Greek werewolf bodybuilder game
…etc etc all the way to the best bobcat game
>>
it's fucked up that the game expects you to use the rat as an expendable item and I never finished it
>>
You said the exact same thing last thread.

Man, /vr/ is a small board.
>>
>>3889962
I think most people just fucked up on the first two stages and got sent back to the beginning.
>>3889980
As this anon says, it's kind of a bullshit game that never explains itself to the player.
>>
>>3889847
You're two days late with the thread, Mike.
>>
>>3889847
Spider-Man on the Dreamcast or Marvel vs Capcom 2
>>
>>3890252
Dude you pick the rat back up after it finds you an item on a screen. Must be why you never finished it.
>>
>>3890310
>As this anon says, it's kind of a bullshit game that never explains itself to the player.

It doesn't have to. You pick your control scheme and then go for it. But it does take experimentation to know when the best times to use various items is, which paths are most efficient and where the hidden items are.

That's called playing a game.
>>
>>3890883
Except that most who play the game aren't even aware of the adventure aspects of it, it markets itself as a beat em up with items when that is not true at all.

Not that it matters anyway as it sucks in both areas: it's an incredibly simple beat em up that requires no skill and the same goes for its adventure aspects
>>
>>3890485
there are points where you intentionally send it into traps and shit

like the desert sand traps

the rat doesn't get hurt when you actually do it but holy fuck the concept is just gross
>>
Can the rat die?
>>
>>3892171
yes, you can lose him. If he takes too much damage, he falls off the screen, but you can find him later.
>>
>>3890310
>As this anon says, it's kind of a bullshit game that never explains itself to the player.
Confirmed for child without the booklet.
>>
>>3890264 here

Meant to reply to >>3889980
>>
North & South
Asterix: The Gallic War
>>
>>3889847
Punisher, on Arcade
>>
MvsC 2 if that counts
>>
I really liked the Spider-Man game from the PS1/N64 gen. 3D superhero games got better down the road but back then it seemed the closest vidya had ever gotten to making me actually *feel* like the superhero I was playing as at the time.

Sure, there were a few good superhero games before it but they usually felt like relatively standard game design styles for their time, which could star original characters instead of the licensed characters and people wouldn't have noticed or cared. PS1 Spider-Man felt like it couldn't have starred anyone but him without people calling it a rip-off. Really captured the character and soul.
>>
>>3889847
>>
File: Comix-Zone.jpg (1MB, 1280x1713px) Image search: [Google]
Comix-Zone.jpg
1MB, 1280x1713px
>>3892031
>Except that most who play the game aren't even aware of the adventure aspects of it, it markets itself as a beat em up with items when that is not true at all.

We must have seen different marketing. Ohh that's right, you weren't even born.

> it's an incredibly simple beat em up that requires no skill and the same goes for its adventure aspects

just lol to this.
>>
>>3899763
Who drew that page? It reminds me of Erik Larsen.
>>
>>3899763
>Post-Punk comic world
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>3899776
Post-Punk is a real thing but I'm pretty sure this is just marketing speak for EVEN COOLER THAN PUNK. Or maybe post-apocalyptic punk? Pretty sure they just meant "extreme." Throwing words like punk and hardcore around match Sega's 90s attitude.
>>
>>3900037
Yeah I know what post-punk is, but always tought CZ was more grunge. It doesn't seem like Joy Division-y to me.
>>
>>3900040
If there's a dumb word or phrase on a Sega ad, it's safe to assume they meant to say "cool" and/or "extreme."
>>
>>3899776
>>3900037
Oh my God, Post-Punk is truly one of the most pretentious shit genres
>>
>>3900369
but the game is neat
>>
>>3899776
It means it's set in the 90's. Long after the death of punk.
>>
>>3900369
how so?
>>
>>3892031
Adventure aspects???
>>
>>3900920
He means that it has multiple rooms to explore, and you have a little bit of flexibility in where you go next.

That's why he also thinks Elevator Action in an adventure game.
>>
>>3901352
I always found most Beat Em Ups boring as hell because all you ever seem to do is walk right and spam the same moves over and over and over and over until eventually the game ends. Maybe that's what he likes though? Someone must enjoy those games...
>>
>>3900673
It's not his favorite so obviously it's shit.
>>
At least the soundtrack was dope.

Anyone fux wit "Woe Is The World"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hVFinzgybc
>>
>>3905279
The soundtrack and everything else about it. Comix Zone is incredible.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.