[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/gg/ - Gameboys General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 10

File: gameboy.jpg (183KB, 540x539px) Image search: [Google]
gameboy.jpg
183KB, 540x539px
What are your favorite games for the Gameboy family, /vr/? Mine are Wario Land 3 and Mother 3.
>>
mother 3 not retro reeeee
>>
>>3889196
Bionic Commando: Elite forces is one of my faves.

I also have a soft spot for X.
>>
>>3889369
Careful, you might get half banned for half announcing your report!
>>
Megaman V, Wario land 2, Mario Tennis, Mole Mania and Links Awakening. Oracle series too.
>>
File: 2014-06-01-game-boy.jpg (946KB, 1479x1979px) Image search: [Google]
2014-06-01-game-boy.jpg
946KB, 1479x1979px
>>3889196
>Game Boy
Donkey Kong Land 2
Ninja Gaiden Shadow
Super Mario Land 2
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
Kirby's Dream Land

>Game Boy Color
Pokémon Crystal
Samurai Kid
Shantae
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
Metal Gear Solid

>Game Boy Advance
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
Pokémon Emerald
Yoshi's Island
Super Mario World
Metroid Fusion
>>
>>3889196
>the gameboy family
You knew what you were doing. Bad anon.
>>
File: gfs_51474_2_1.jpg (29KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
gfs_51474_2_1.jpg
29KB, 320x287px
DW3 and DWM2 on gbc were the shit. I played them so much even though I had no idea what I was doing and didn't bother reading anything so I never knew where to go. I'd just cover the entire map until I stumbled upon something that continued the game, and killed bosses by grinding for hours and then spamming attack and healing items until I got lucky and it worked.
>>
File: goemondynamite.jpg (83KB, 370x470px) Image search: [Google]
goemondynamite.jpg
83KB, 370x470px
Don't mind me, just posting the best GBC game.
>>
>>3889196
>Mother 3.
wrong board
>>
>>3889196
Dammit OP, you did it wrong.

It's /hhg/ - Retro handhelds general, and post an image without a GBA in it.
Do this and the autists stay out so you can post and discuss the GBA.
>>
>>3889196
I played a bunch of Game Boy last night. Spent some time with games I never got into and made some good progress.

Got further into Final Fantasy Adventure than I ever have before and actually started having fun with it. Beat that stupid bee boss in Wario Land 2 that annoyed the shit out me and caused me to shelf it for a while.

And then I played some of my usual favorites like DK94, Metroid II and Pokemon Puzzle Challenge.

Also, don't derail the board with GBA shit. >>>/v/ has the potential for decent GBA threads, if you actually want to discuss it aren't just trying to troll the board with low hanging fruit.
>>
>>3889617
how did you manage to play five games in a single night? on emu and speeded up?
>>
>>3889619
All of those games have a remarkable technology known as "saving"
>>
>>3889629
Yeah, well MGS has saving too.

The opening cutscene still takes 15 minutes.
>>
>>3889651
Alright fine, you got me. There's no possible way I could have played all five games last night. Truth is, I've never even touched a Game Boy, I just watch retro game reviews. I'll show myself out.
>>
>>3889196
dr mario
puzzle boy
tetris
tennis
>>
Playing FE8
Chapter 19 is fog of war protection mission with treasure and endless reinforcements
Gonna be here a while
BTW should I play Thracia? I hear staves can miss.
>>
I've been playing Samurai Deeper Kyo. Amazing graphics for a retro game released in 2008!
>>
>>3890626
Looks like TearRing Saga
>>
File: Dragon Ball.jpg (240KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Ball.jpg
240KB, 1280x960px
My favorite?.... Maybe, these games:
Rayman Advance
Sonic Advance
Dragon Ball - Advanced Adventure
Crash Nitro Cart
Zapper
Medal of Honor Infiltrator
Finding Nemo
Juka and the Monophonic Menace
>>
File: Dragon Ball - Pilaf.jpg (218KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Ball - Pilaf.jpg
218KB, 1280x960px
...Also Metroid Fusion and Advance Wars. I'm sure that there are many more good games, my console allows me to play only about 140 GBA games, others aren't supported.
>>
>>3889196
pokemon crystal
zelda oracles + la
survival kids
donkey kong 94
gameboy camera
megaman 3, 4, 5
metroid 2
game & watch gallery series
harry potter
pokemon tcg
pokemon pinball
wario land 3
>>
>>3889196
and for NOT RETRO,
advance wars 2
final fantasy tactics advance
fire emblem
megaman zero series
metal slug
mother 3
rhythm heaven
wario land 4
pokemon pinball rusa
>>
>>3894725
dude, ffta was shit compared to the psx version
>>
I miss /rhh/.
>>
>>3889587
Yeah, we should do this to not trigger retards.
>>
File: Store0151-1-700x700.jpg (53KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
Store0151-1-700x700.jpg
53KB, 700x700px
>>3889196
Alienators: Evolution Continues
>>
>>3889196
Pretty basic.
GB - Zelda LA
GBC - Zelda - OOA
GBA - Golden Sun+TLA
>>
I'm thinking of getting a Super GameBoy and GB Everdrive for playing GB games on my SNES. Is this a good idea? Or would I be better getting the Everdrive and a AGS 101 GB Advance? The games are made for a small screen after all.
>>
>>3898423
SGB will really limit what games you can play. Some of the best games on the system were color-only.
>>
>>3889587
>we need to fool people trying to keep modern garbage out of /vr/ so we can talk about modern shit
>>>/v/

Another reason /vr/ should have been pre-1995 from day fucking one and continued to be pre-1995. As long as kids with their tainted memories of PS1 and N64 garbage can play in /vr/ with people that like actual retro gaming, they will try to push for even more of their garbage.

Gaming died in the mid-90s. Keep its filth in /v/.
>>
I've got a Game Boy Light but god damn the ghosting is just too much.
I like playing on the Game Boy Pocket more
>>
Gameboy: Pokemon Yellow because I can be alone.
Gameboy Colour: International Karate 2000
Gameboy Advanced: Difficult question since nothing on it was memorable for me, maybe Metroid Fusion?
>>
>>3898378
I played GS one or two years after the release, but only this week i finished TLA. It was great, i think it is a good example of game that continues and even improves the series (and a strange one, given that usually each jRPG entry has no connection with previous installments).

But i was mad that i could not travel to the continent of GS1. This was the obvious move, every RPG with some kind of continuity does it.

I wonder how was the game received at the time. Is it worth to play GS3?
>>
>>3898490
>(you)
>>
>>3889196
>/gg/
Sure it's not GameGear?
>>
i thing what super mario land 2 is horrible
>>
somebody here what play shantae for gameboy color
>>
>>3899492
this post makes no sense
>>
DONKEY KONG.
>>
File: sj_gba.jpg (35KB, 249x250px) Image search: [Google]
sj_gba.jpg
35KB, 249x250px
>>3889196
for me personally it was a blast.
maybe because its the only decent Samurai Jack video game (the one on the ps2 is ok but not that great).
>>
The most intense game on the planet: Game & Watch Gallery 4 on GBA.

>Dark Souls can go fuck itself.
>>
>>3889587
Can confirm, I only came in this thread because of the obvious not retro baiting in the OP post.
>>
>>3889196
Wario Land 3 is my all time favorite game, and I really love how GBC music sounds
>>
>>3901235
It's stylish game, but health bottles don't work in ROM I've tried.
>>
File: IMG_4693.jpg (702KB, 2876x1390px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4693.jpg
702KB, 2876x1390px
Recently been playing Castlevania CoTM magician mode.

Some MinishCap too.
>>
what is your favorite gameboy music ?
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.