[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Planescape Torment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 10

File: 1468092337906.jpg (103KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1468092337906.jpg
103KB, 1280x720px
So gentlemen, opinions?
And before anyone throws a bitchfit, they confirmed the black outlines are an optional visual filter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2wXLCIpFRg
>>
>>3889060
I hope they make combat not garbage
>>
>>3889069
Based on the interface, it doesn't seem like they changed it much unfortunately, which in turn means the combat will still be shit since the interface was the prime problem behind it.

Seriously why the fuck can't they give it Baldur's Gate's interface.
>>
>>3889060
They changed nothing.
It better come out in 2 hours and cost $10 full or $5 upgrade.
>>
>>3889164
It's gonna be 20$ like all the other EEs on release and you know it.

The interface is improved a bit and I rather dig the better rescaling algorithm with zooming in/out though.
>>
>>3889069
this
>>
>>3889175
Well it's definitely not worth $20. It's just IE2.0 (which they used for Dragonspear), MCA said on twitter they didn't want to change anything content-wise.
>>
>>3889183
>It's just IE2.0 (which they used for Dragonspear)
IE2.0 wasn't exclusive to Dragonspear, they updated BG1 and BG2 with it as well, currently version 2.3 actually.
IWD1EE is still stuck on the 1.4 version though and it seems like they abandoned it.
>>
>>3889060
will they add some progressive genderfluid NPC to join the chosen one?
>>
>>3889185
Go back to /v/ or /pol/ because I just left the /v/ thread filled with your faggotry. You're no different from the SJWs with how much you get triggered and sperg out.
>>
>>3889060
Fuck Beamdog.
>>
>>3889193
>>>/v/
>>
>>3889194
make me.
how can you root for these community-mod-stealing cunts?
>>
Maybe I will finally check out this game then. I already bought the Baldur's Gate Ehanced Edition to play BG for the first time and it's alright, buggy as hell though.
>>
>>3889187
how is it my fault that Beamdog included gender fluid characters for the Baldur's Gate EE? I guess you're just a shill >>3889194
>>
>playing a novel

http://www.wischik.com/lu/senses/pst-book.html
>>
File: OnePunchMan-Episode2-Omake-7.gif (2MB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
OnePunchMan-Episode2-Omake-7.gif
2MB, 540x540px
>Beamdog
>>
>>3889282
maybe there are people just talking about video games on a video game board?? you are part of the problem, acting like a brainless child following the latest "contrarian" trend. Take your shill sjw boogiemen elsewhere m8.
>>
>>3889308
>company gets the rights of old game
>change said old game to fit their politics
>"BUT BUT LET'S NOT TALK ABOUT THAT! JUST VIDYA OK!"
no how about you fuck off. Changing old games and adding political stuff to them is not OK, no matter how much do you agree with said politics. I'd say the same if they added right-wing stuff. People ask respect for old pieces of work. If you don't like that, go and pay 10 bucks for a Something Awful account
>>
>>3889319
>russian shill detected

just go to your board breh
>>
>>3889325
Not an argument.
>>
>>3889319
you could at least do a little research to find out they're not altering any content for PST
>>
File: 1452425539036.png (407KB, 516x566px) Image search: [Google]
1452425539036.png
407KB, 516x566px
>>3889325
That doesn't change the fact that he's right.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (53KB, 847x507px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
53KB, 847x507px
>>3889325
this is my board, I don't need to correct the record like you.
Devs want to make everything political but users can't talk about said politics. Not exactly fair isn't it?
now fuck off or else I will hack you like a good russian
>>3889335
well, I was asking. If "go do a little research" becomes the default response in all message boards, we might as well do away with them
>>
>>3889338
spoonfeeding should always be frowned upon
>>
>>3889337
I suppose half or more of western rpgs set in medieval fantasy are supporters of feudalism right ??? fucking kings giving orders acting like they're better than us !!! no, fuck you for playing those games you shill supporting these writers that wanna being back the middle ages........ guess what, games based on complex characters, said characters will have certain opinions about shit that may not be your own opinions. It's like saying you like music and won't listen to a good musician just because he's christian and has references to christianity in his lyrics. There is no blatant extreme political shit being spewd out just, only writers with political views that write shit and some of their views surface in the form of characters or references... this has been done for ages in many shapes and forms... geez, if you don't have enough criterion to abstract yourself fron this kind of stuff and appreciate creative art products, art, whatever, you're just missing out of a lot of stuff.
>>
>>3889060
>CRPG

It's shit.
>>
>>3889719

>weeb bait

>>>/v/
>>>/a/
>>
>>3889738
But anon, I'm not a weeb, I just hate RTS pause n' click combat.

It's such a stupid fucking mechanic.
>>
>>3889060
>And before anyone throws a bitchfit, they confirmed the black outlines are an optional visual filter.

And the interface that doesn't even scale to widescreen is an optional feature for players who have a fetish for lazy shit?
>>
>>3889746
How is this any different from any 80's or 90's JRPG?
>>
File: XER.png (146KB, 281x441px) Image search: [Google]
XER.png
146KB, 281x441px
TFW I can proudly now play as the trans character I was meant to be, thank you beamdog for supporting us! Fuck the literal nazis for hating our kind
>>
>>3889779
protip: I don't like any of those either.

Why do RPG's have such shit combat mechanics?
>>
File: pstee.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pstee.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
https://www.beamdog.com/planescape_faq
>>
>Beamdog

I'd rather not.
>>
>>3889791
Because they aren't action games.
>>
>>3889791
because you've only played entry level RPGs
>>
>>3889339
This is literal autism
>>
not supporting beamdog
>>
File: 1231541241231.png (63KB, 216x200px) Image search: [Google]
1231541241231.png
63KB, 216x200px
Why is Beamdog going after my childhood? First Baldur's Gate, now this? Can't anyone stop them?
>>
>>3889956
the only new writing in the game is by chris avellone
>>
File: 1856796354981.png (348KB, 2213x562px) Image search: [Google]
1856796354981.png
348KB, 2213x562px
>>3889963
I wish I could believe that, but I've been tricked before.
>>
File: haqnun.png (46KB, 623x390px) Image search: [Google]
haqnun.png
46KB, 623x390px
>>3889983
>>
>>3890005
>developers have never lied before
>>
Are we finally going to figure out why the Nameless One saught immortality in the first place? His unforgivable sin?
>>
>>3890082
yeah I'm sure avellone is going to ruin his baby out of spite
>>
>>3890091
>>3890082
I doubt Avellone is lying, but it's not impossible that somebody could sneak something in after the fact.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
>>
>>3890087

Jesus please fucking no, not if it's written by Beamdog.
>>
>>3890091
Avellone doesn't have control at Beamdog. What he says and what they do aren't synonymous.

I mean, I hope I'm wrong. I hope this Enhanced Edition is everything Baldur's Gate should've been and they keep their progressive little fingers off the content. But Beamdog has given me no reason to believe they will.
>>
>>3889891
>in the few instances where new text was needed (i.e. additional journal entries and special ability descriptions), Chris wrote the text himself.
>additional journal entries

>we've added significant quality of life improvements to the user interface
>quality of life improvements

>Other changes were left out as some of them had been cut from the original game on purpose.

>The original mods for Planescape: Torment: will require updates

>quickloot, combat log, area zooming, journal searching, and object highlighting.

>Steam version of Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition has achievements and trading cards.

Dropped.
>>
goon thread, whats your favorite something awful sub and who is the best poster
>>
>>3889069
Not physically possible. It's still an Infinity Engine game.
>>
>>3890096

Why not? I bet it would be great: "The nameless one was cursed with immortality for being sexist, racist and homophobic."
>>
>>3890279
? I don't see what this has to with the thread, but I only read FYAD when I go there, and my favorite poster is Skylark (might seem odd given content of thread but there you go).
>>
>>3890279
Wait are you saying people are talking about this thread on SA? Because that would be retarded.
>>
>>3889060
eh they did okay with Icewind Dale and I'm not too keen with the BG games since Bioware were never good with writing in the first place. Hopefully Torment EE is still good even if it's unnecessary considering the mods fixes most of its problems short of it being in Infinity Engine though it still feels like I'm playing a point-and-click adventure instead of an RPG
>>
>>3889060
>remastered soundtrack
Sounds interesting. Loved some of the tracks it had. Having better UI without shitty mods is also neat I guess.
I dread to think what new they'll come up with, but I guess I don't mind. Its just adding new shit, feel like its pointless to get mad over it like so many autists ITT.

>>3889069
Combat is like 1/10th of the game if barely even that, seems like a waste to even touch it.

>>3889203
I love this meme. Its not like the community mods/fixes were filled with colossal amounts of bugs or anything.
>>
>>3890593
>Its not like the community mods/fixes were filled with colossal amounts of bugs or anything.
none of them were 20 bucks + tip.
I'm sure BeamDog's PST EE will be totally bugfree from day 1.
>>
so beamdog were the ones who added SJW shit to Baldur's Gate remake ? Ah, fuck it, gonna pirate it anyway. Glad i still have the untainted original versions.
>>
Can someone give me the lowdown on what happened to BGEE? I've been playing through it having never played the original and haven't noticed anything out of place.
>>
>>3890778
memes and triggered codexers
I still prefer the original version because it has a different ruleset to BG2.
>>
>>3890778
a sequel (sort of) popped up and SJWs got pissy of them as usual for making a vague reference to gamergate through Minsc. They caved in and pandered to them by then. Never noticed anything ofd in the EE games so far thouhgh

that and codexers being complete faggots as usual
>>
>>3889060
Did they use this power/privledge-platform to overcome systemic inequality and shit on the cheeto devil Drumpf?
>>
>>3889069

They said they're not touching the combat.
>>
>>3889060
>So gentlemen, opinions?

It's an adventure game grafted onto an action RPG engine, with terrible writing to boot. I don't see how an enhanced edition could fix any of the game's intrinsic flaws.

>b-but you get to experience this tremendously shitty story in HD quality!

No thanks.
>>
>>3889060
Quit being a fag. There were also issues with bugs/glitching, and Beamdog being a bunch of pandering faggots.
>>
Have they mentioned adding any new characters, like they did with BG? Perhaps NPCs?
I really fucking hope they stay away from that.
>>
>>3892684
the faq linked in this thread answers your questions.
>>
>>3892675
>muh sjw boogeyman

This isn't /v/, kiddo
>>
>>3890601
if own the original on GOG.com, they'll give you a 30% discount on pre-order.
>>
>>3892775
go back 2 neogaf
>>
>retro game board
>planescape thread
>it's just /v/ posters getting triggered by dickgirls instead of planescape discussion

help
>>
File: annah.jpg (61KB, 478x766px) Image search: [Google]
annah.jpg
61KB, 478x766px
>>3889060
audio will be remastered too...

post your favourite tune guize, this is mine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCpk7HIryK0
>>
>>3892775
No one falls for your falseflagging, /pol/.
>>
>>3893598
Back in my day we just called it straw-manning and told them to neck themselves.
>>
>>3893410
>go back 2 neogaf

Go back to your doomsday cult and mass suicide before you miss your rendezvous with the aliens.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.