[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best rpg on replayability value?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: 0fc.jpg (133KB, 680x1138px) Image search: [Google]
0fc.jpg
133KB, 680x1138px
What's the best rpg on replayability value?
>>
>>3889006
Roguelikes blow every normal rpg out of the water for replay.
>>
Ocarina of Time
>>
>>3889010
Dwarf Master Race
>>
FFV for jrpg i'd say
>>
>>3889025
DF fucking rocks. Goblin Camp is also pretty great.
>>
>>3889006
can i see this unshooped pls
>>
>>3889010

I guess it's been memed now, but Cataclysm: DDA is just fun as fuck. I'm even enjoying Rycon's roleplays on youtube.
>>
>>3889018
Implying Zelda is rpg
>>
>>3889010
This. Any and all roguelikes are all about replay value. Except some of the console-based ones that have more linear designs, like Chocobo's Dungeon.

>>3889018
OoT isn't an RPG. Zelda II is the only RPG in the Zelda series. The others are action-adventure games.

>>3889030
I don't think you understand what replay value is, Anon. There's no reason to replay FF5 since you can freely swap classes on the fly. FF1 however has some replay value since you're locked in to whatever party setup you choose at the beginning of the game. If you wish to experiment with other party setups, then you have to replay the game from the beginning.
>>
>>3889018
kek
>>
File: rpg-7-launcher.gif (17KB, 400x226px) Image search: [Google]
rpg-7-launcher.gif
17KB, 400x226px
>>3889006
The RPG-7 by far

+ It is retro
+ no jamming
+ can bring dat Black Hawk down
+ relative low cost

>inb4 nostalgia fag
>>
>>3889135
>no reason to replay FF5
fiestas
>>
>>3889006
Final Fantasy V
Fiesta Runs are done yearly
>>
>>3889135
>There's no reason to replay FF5 since you can freely swap classes on the fly.
This retard again. I remember you from a previous thread. Is it really so hard to understand that you can ignore this feature in order to create challenge runs?
>>
Fallout any day.
If you don't feel like committing time and know where to go you can blast through it in an afternoon.
>>
>>3889742
hi /k
>>
>>3889006
Chrono Trigger. It has multiple endings for just that.
>>
>>3889006
FFT
>>
>>3889006
Depends on what you want.

As other people said, Roguelikes offer you virtually unlimited replayability, if you like procedurally generated content. Roguelikes' strength is that they're all about hard gameplay and there's little in the way of the story, for some that is also a huge weakness though, their inherent randomness might also be a turn off. Some japanese Roguelikes also offer you some kind of overarching story, like the Shiren series.

If you want a CRPG, you can't go wrong with most of the classics like Fallout, Baldur's Gare, Betrayal at Krondor etc, unlike Roguelikes, these games also offer you branching storylines which can be furthered altered depending on your decisions, building you characters is also fun.

For JRPGs, the SaGa series is the go to series in terms of replayability, as it gives you an extremely freeform and clever way of building your characters while also including branching storylines, non linearity and a large cast of characters, some games also offer you different main characters you can play as and even slightly customize in terms of stat rolls just like you would do in most CRPGs, the overall game systems are also excellent if you appreciate complexity.
Another /vr/ favorite is Uncharted Waters from KOEI, which is a clever mixture of RPG and grand strategy in which you choose a main character in the 16th century europe and explore the world by sailing through the seas, there's greater focus on commerce and general managing rather than battles but of course you can choose to become a pirate/pillager and assault ships or plunder whatever village you find.

If you happen to know japanese there's also some other notable series or games you should play, Metal Max, Lunatic Dawn and many other cult titles like Zill O'll or Gunparade March offer enormous amounts of replayability and satisfying gameplay all around.

I'm a bit puzzled by people mentioning FFV or CT, but to each his own I guess.
>>
>>3889010
Is Path of Exile a roguelike? I mean if play in the hardcore league you sort of lose your character.

Sorry for not /vr/.
>>
>>3889006
Do SRPGs count?

I say Langrisser 2&4. Both have branching storylines that you can play from the beggining while you can spice it up by going for diferent class paths that unlocks diferent mercenaries and thus diferent play styles.

Not to mention building your MC to have diferent classes and stat distributions thanks to the quiz.
>>
>>3889006
Chrono Trigger and Fallout 1
>>
>>3890759
I've never played it, but being real-time means it's technically not. My understanding is it's more of a Diablo-styled game. Other than that I can't say much about it.

Diablo and it's offspring are still good, just not roguelikes.
>>
>>3889025
Not retro.
>>
>>3889742
RPG-2 was better, newfriend

we never should've allowed anything past 1960 on this board
>>
>>3889742
>>3891341
>MANPAT cucks
>>
>>3891409
>falling for the wire-guided meme

this fucking generation, I swear
>>
>>3892332
>wire-guided
Kinetic kill all the way.
>>
File: 157296-Final_Fantasy_(USA)-3.jpg (26KB, 450x255px) Image search: [Google]
157296-Final_Fantasy_(USA)-3.jpg
26KB, 450x255px
I replay the PSP remake of FF1 all the time. It takes far less time than the NES and PS1 versions to complete, which means I can fuck with team composition more. Also, it's relatively simple to play, which makes it a chill out game for me.
>>
Daggerfall is my favourite RPG, and IMO the best Elder Scrolls game. Prove me wrong.
>>
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy Tactics
Dragon Quest VI and VII
Suikoden II
Tactics Ogre Let us cling together
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.