[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Database

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: 1482656373689.jpg (2MB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
1482656373689.jpg
2MB, 2304x1728px
Are there any other good pages like this one
bootgod.dyndns.org:
but for other consoles
I checked my old NES games, and found that my Contra game may be fake
I would like to check my other games from old consoles
>>
File: I_am_too_poor_to_own_Earthbound.jpg (826KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
I_am_too_poor_to_own_Earthbound.jpg
826KB, 2592x1944px
>>3887854
For those who want to look up the boards of their SNES games to verify authenticity:
http://snescentral.com/gameindex.php

It's a pretty impressive database.

Yeah, my hoarder uncle saved quite a bit from my negligence. I am sure he still has a nice 17" PC CRT monitor with an early Gateway Pentium for me to harvest for parts, just wish I had the room for another CRT monitor. Anyway didn't realize my pics would be reused by someone else, I'm under the impression I annoy most here on /vr/, I'm actually quite honored OP.
>>
>>3889241
Thank you for the help. I will start my snes collection with the help of a japanese friend
So I wanted to check stuff with him to make sure we dont buy chinese shit
Not sure who you are man, I remember saving that image somewhere here on 4chan, I recently started using /vr/, I only use /a/
Thank you for the help again
>>
>>3889241
Forgot to say now I only need for the n64 and game boy family
Do you happen to have a photo of the board of your Majora copy?
>>
File: Lift_overhead.jpg (2MB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
Lift_overhead.jpg
2MB, 2304x1728px
>>3889764
>>3889771
I originated from the /h/ days back when 4chan kept going down needing donations to stay up ... long long ago. These days I just take pics and trigger quite a few on /vr/. Perhaps that's why there's not many responses to this thread.

As for N64 and GB, I have no clue. Taking a pic is not a problem. Hope this helps.
>>
>>3891105
Thank you again for the help again
I wonder why the rom chip has no letters, usually they have something
Well if that is the reason I didn't get many replies it doesn't matter, it happens
I wonder what kind of pics you posted to triggger the people around here
>>
File: Asking_for_it.jpg (581KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
Asking_for_it.jpg
581KB, 2592x1944px
>>3891940
I try if I could.

The reason for the chip not having any marks is beyond my knowledge. Someone else may know better.

My images on this board tend to be of some games and a handwritten note, typically on my table. I suppose it annoys people that I would go through the "effort" composing a picture and posting, following the fallacy that people who have games don't play them. That or my constant lamenting of my poverty, which is misaligned with my desires for expensive gaming items like a large broadcast video monitor; but I really do wish I can afford and enjoy such luxuries.

Just giving the protip for next time a thread is started to not use an image which may lead people to believe it is me posting.
>>
>>3891940
It's clearly visible that the part number has been removed. What's not clear is if this was done by Nintendo or some chink bootleger. You could compare your board and ROM version to get a better idea.
>>
File: 31778979346_1f387aca7a_h.jpg (313KB, 1600x803px) Image search: [Google]
31778979346_1f387aca7a_h.jpg
313KB, 1600x803px
>>3891105
>>3892983
I found this board photo here http://s9.zetaboards.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/topic/7464768/1/
they have many more photos of boards to compare too
>>
>>3896167
That's a legit cart. Most likely the other is a bootleg made from a cheaper donor.
>>
>>3892743
I always enjoy your pics and posts anon
>>
>>3891940
>>3892983
>>3896695
Yeah, I am suspecting it may be a bootleg too now. I wasn't a N64 guy in its day, mostly Saturn, but enjoyed the N64 games. I am impressed that the label would be the lenticular hologram type, but the ROM chip having the markings removed. The board looks identical, just the suspicious chip.

>>3896167
That's an amazing site! More to help with verifying legit games. Definitely, bookmaking that one.

>>3896934
Much appreciated. This board is helpful in a cruel way, as the Majora's is now exposed to be bad, but comforting to know.

I'll still play Majora's, since it comes highly recommended, yet impressive that a box, instructions, cart casing with hologram label, and all would be faked for a bootleg. It is a more recent(ish) purchase, but now that puts into question other games I have. It just takes a while as I am still in the process of cleaning old controllers and games slowly.
>>
>>3897067
I have a Contra NES cart and doesnt match with the nes database, the rom says malaysia, but the other chips look the same to the examples
I became paranoid about all my other games too
>>
>>3897067
How much did you pay for all of them?
And where did you buy them?
>>
>>3897067
Lenticular is nothing special. There's a reason they've been slapping it on cheap kids shit for decades.

Don't think of that chip as a bad thing. It's a bootleg then it's a flash chip with a rambus interface. Impossible to find any more. Basically an old style pre-SD flash cart. A v64 jr that's a lot smaller and doesn't need batteries. Sweet. Shame it wasn't an 08A board.
>>
>>3897665
Is there something special about the 08A board?
>>
>>3897067
The Bomberman games are great, they have a bit of story you might miss if you can't into moon, but they're fun action 3D games and the first one has multiplayer.
DKR is good, I prefer MK.
Blast Corps, japanese version, I think it's the same but with a different name. Great game if you haven't played already.
OB64 is a tactical RPG, so it's text heavy.
Pro Wrestling games, always good on N64, if you're into the genre.
Wonder Project J2, I bet you already know about it, but it's similar to Princess Maker. Text heavy. There's a fan-translation but you need an everdrive.
Custom Robo 1 and 2 are fun 3D mech battle, can be played in VS, similar to Virtual On. But as the name implies it has a heavy emphasis on customization. These games are kinda sought after.
Mario and Wave Race with rumble option included.

Pretty good lot.
>>
>>3897679
It has two ROMs so it can hold 512mbit games.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.