[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mega Man X5 Improvement Project

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: game-Megaman-X5.jpg (76KB, 550x406px) Image search: [Google]
game-Megaman-X5.jpg
76KB, 550x406px
The hero who is trying to fix X5 has released a beta patch. Alia is no more.

http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,22796.msg332378.html#msg332378

>First public build
>Alia's hints are permanetly disabled
>Keep both character bonuses regardles of which is choosen
>Each Heart Tank/Life-Up Part affect both X & Zero
>Save/Load menu was given a redesign
>Fixed the 'injured' sprites for X & Zero
>>
>>3887448
If I were him I'd have just removed the bonuses for both characters. Zero's buster is beyond worthless but making it better would make him too much better than X. And having the Falcon armor at the start of the game is just an excuse for the game to throw bullshit at you from the start.
Dark Dizzy's stage is a crime against platformers.
>>
>>3887448
>>Alia's hints are permanetly disabled
I love it already.
>>
>>3887456
*Force armor
Also every boss is animated like something you'd find in the 'custom' section of the Spriter's Resource. Bad. The Devil is an absurdly stupid fight, one of X's unlockable armies is stupid broken and the other is stupid useless.
I dont want to go on but this game is almost as bad as X6. Instead of trying to fix it he should really just make a fan game.
>>
Talk about gold plating a turd. ..
>>
Oh shit. It's actually done. Neat.

>>3887456
>Dark Dizzy's stage is a crime against platformers.
>Hey let's make a stage where the constellations can fucking kill you
>Oh and let's make the player wait on moving platforms
>Let's make the armor piece a bitch to get (I know this is optional)

I really don't like X5's stages.
>>
Too bad he can't fix the bad-but-hey-at-least-it's-not-X6 level design.
>>
>>3887448
They should fix X6 instead.
>>
>>3888496

They need to remove those 'nightmare effects' from the stages.

>Go into stage
>Can only see what's illuminated by 2 small cones of light that move around
>Can't see where I'm jumping

Yeah fuck you X6
>>
File: F1JHqHp.png (923KB, 1011x1088px) Image search: [Google]
F1JHqHp.png
923KB, 1011x1088px
>>3887448
ITT: I don't like X5

Am I the only person that Liked it?
X2 and 3 are my favorites, X3 only because of Project: Zero but c'mon

Am I the only one that didn't have issues on the Dark Dizzy Stage? even in 'Xtreme' mode?
The only thing I have trouble with is the Heart which takes me max of two tries.
I found X4s Bike stage way harder than this one, hell I can complete it in one try versus X4s

are you all just bad at games?
>>
>>3888520
It's a good game
>>
>>Alia's hints are permanetly disabled

Well that sucks, why not make them like in x6 instead of removing them?
What a fag
>>
>>3888591
They're literally half the reason why the game is considered bad
>>
>>3888520
Please be less obvious with your bait.
In the off chance you are serious, Dark Dizzy's stage being hard isn't why I hate it. I could easily just grab the falcon armor and fly over everything dangerous. The reason I hate it is because it is not fun.
In Armadillo in X1, you get chased by a giant digging robot and you get to ride sickass spiked minecarts. In Eagle you climb a huge city and wreck property as you go. In Dark Dizzy you wait for some constellations to form so that you can safely shoot them and then you wait for the slow platform you're riding to move. Real entertaining.
>>
Interesting, just bought this game recently. Haven't started it up yet, still need to finish 4 and I'm almost done with X's campaign.
>>
>>3888862
Dark Dizzy's stage isn't the worst of the designs, the only thing that's an issue is the frame rate when the galaxy showed up in the backround.

I still don't know what you're complaining about on Dark Dizzy's stage.

you should be complainig about Duff McWhalen

Dark Dizzy is way more fun, and easy (without Falcon armor) after you play this monstrosity Fucking twice per play through (three times if you're trying to waste in game hours)
>>
>>3888863
It's pretty cool, It sorta railroads you by recommending which bosses to take out first, which is weird for a megaman game, but over all I like it.
The Patch makes it much better though, Alia is a pain to have to deal with
>>
>>3888874
>you should be complainig about Duff McWhalen
Duff McWhalen is also a shit stage. Filled with needless waiting.
>>
>>3888881
Yeah the rating system sounded interesting and crouching in a MegaMan game sounds surreal.
I'm excited to play it, but I anticipate to play the original before the patch.
>>
>>3888894
the waiting of the platforms is very minimal as there the decent part before the platform, and the entire second half of the level,
I still don't know you're complaining
Duff McWhalen is ONLY waiting, the sunken ship is a respite in an autoscroller water level
the two of the three worst tropes in gaming in one level
>>
>>3887448
>Unofficialize the game and make it into a gutted fan rendition to satisfy some anon's autism

I don't see any "improvement" here.
>>
>>3888881
To be fair, the railroading is because the game doesn't want you dicking around too much until after you deal with the collapsing colony. Time management is an unusual concept for a Mega Man game, so I guess they needed to make it clear that you can't afford to waste time until later.
>>
>>3889560
>can't afford to waste time
actually the issue is that you need to waste time to level the bosses up so you can get parts from them
>>
>>3889574
ah, I forgot about that

this game really is complicated, perhaps too much for its own good
>>
>>3889560
>>3889574
>>3889582
It had novel Ideas, lot's of mechanics that a 5-10 year old playing this game wouldn't understand

They did well withe the railroading in the sense of recommendations versus forcing you to play those levels

Speed runners often do rex as their first level which is against the recommended route.

It's got solid design for sure
>>
>>3889093
>no alia
10/10 improvement.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.