[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ATB all the way baby!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: latest.jpg (73KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
73KB, 800x600px
FF9 or FF5?
>>
Both
>>
Let's just agree that they're both better than 7
>>
>FF9 or FF5?

I don't get it. What is this regarding? Are you asking us which game we think you should play?
>>
>>3887124
complete opposites
FF5:
>Heavy character customization
>fast
>lotsa dungeons
>little story exposition
FF9
>Locked roles for characters
>slow as fuck
>few dungeons (problem shared by all PS1 FFs)
>lotsa story exposition

I prefer FFV by far. FFIX would be much better if they could fix the slowness regarding combat and load times. Too bad that the steam/mobile version still shares the same problems
>>
FF9 is a great rock opera, FF5 is a good album by a good band. What do you prefer?
>>
>>3887208
FF5 is Ride the Lightning
>gritty, raw, fast, direct, improved over previous works
FF9 is Load
>trying to follow the success of an already bastardized previous work, slow, boring, emotional and kinda emo
>>
There are times when I think
>aw man, I'm in the mood for some FFIX, let's play some
Then the first battles start. And I turn off the console and never play it again until I foolishly return to step 1
>>
>>3887249
Same here. I feel love for that game. I love the art, the music and the lore, but when i actually play it...i can't stand the slowness and the Quick time events that constantly iterrupt your gameplay.
>>
Where's the wellspring of FF9 hate coming from? /vr/ was practically unanimous in its love for it when I first came here, but things have shifted ever so gradually and now I feel I'm in a small minority.
>>
File: 1296577543159.png (1MB, 1020x991px) Image search: [Google]
1296577543159.png
1MB, 1020x991px
>>3887730
I think everyone still likes FF9 for the most part.

But time has passed, and we're all oldfags now, and we're aware enough to admit that 9 has flaws that potentially make it a less gripping playthrough than it was when we played it 15 years ago (or even 10 years ago).

I still love the shit out of that game but the slowness is a legitimate problem. Emulation is the only way to go.
>>
Iv had ff9 in at least one of my consoles for the past 10 years. never finished it

while ff5 im on my 4-5th playthrough
>>
>>3887850
I have replayed ff 5 6 7 9 10 almost once a year for 15 years now and still enjoy them
>>
File: 1404730322028.gif (933KB, 492x638px) Image search: [Google]
1404730322028.gif
933KB, 492x638px
>>3887850
>and we're all oldfags now
Then where's your patience?
You want fast as you age? That's strange.

>>3887124
My retro FF order goes like this-
9>7>Tactics>1>5>4>8>6>2>3
FFI is high because I cut my teeth on it.
FFVI is low because of the bleakness of the latter half of the game just kills my enthusiasm for some reason.
FFIX is my fave for being like the definitive ultimate realization of the first game in the series. FFX would rank between I and V. FFXII(izjs only) would be just behind IX. I refuse to touch anything newer than FFXII.

FFX-2 is a fucking great game, and would actually rank right behind X.
>>
>>3887850
The Steam version is pretty great
>>
FF9 is 90125, FF5 is Close to the Edge
>>
>>3888106
>You want fast as you age? That's strange.
You will understand once you work on your career/familly. Or not.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.