[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Analogue NT Mini

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 6

File: analogue nt mini.png (427KB, 732x566px) Image search: [Google]
analogue nt mini.png
427KB, 732x566px
Thoughts?
>>
Shill elsewhere.
>>
>>3886243
My husband hated it.
>>
Retrousb avs. Really like mine.
>>
It's currently the best way to do a bunch of things, FPGA hardware emulation stuff is the best way to handle this stuff and it's the first big project that makes use of that stuff in a good way.

Hopefully Kevtris's proper project gets on it's feet in the next few years and we get the better more advanced FPGA systems.
>>
trash
>>
>>3886257
this - but it's still overpriced
>>
>>3886243
For what purpose?
>>
>>3886243
Does it have 100% accuracy like a real NES?
>>
My wife's boyfriend's son really likes it.
>>
>>3886678
Can confirm, am wife's boyfriends sons cousins best-friend
>>
>>3886674
Apparently so.
>>
How come your nintendo gets FOUR CONTROLLER SLOTS
Seriously are there any games that use them
>>
>>3886740
Bomberman 2 amongst others
>>
If all you want is a HiDef/RGB NES, it's staggeringly overpriced. However, when you consider the cost of acquiring and modding all the consoles supported by the jailbreak firmware, it starts to look a lot better. I wouldn't buy one personally, but I can see why someone would.
>>
>>3886740
NES Play Action Football
Bomberman II
Anticipation
Rc Pro-Am II
Nintendo World Cup
Super Spike V* Ball
Super Jeopardy

...to name a few. Those are the big titles, there were only 20 or so C-tier games that used 4 player functionality.
>>
>>3886843
Nightmare on Elm Street is pretty fun and don't forget Gauntlet 2 obviously!
>>
>>3886247
>>3886258
lol poor

>>3886815
HiDef and an RGB NES since it can do Analog and Digital, then add in the price of a good upscaler, and the price of an Everdrive/Powerpak since its jailbreak firmware plays roms, then add in the price of the controller and suddenly the $500 breaks pretty close to even. And that's not even taking into account the fact that it's going to be able to play any game from an 8bit console.
>>
How much is it?
>>
>>3886886
500 US dollarydoos
>>
>>3886674
Technically no, there are some minor sound differences, they've been making fixes whenever issues come up because Kevtris is great.

>>3886672
1080p lagless 8bit gaming with near 100% perfect accuracy, it's only real flaw is that it's so expensive.
>>
My wife and her bull love playing it while I watch.
>>
>>3886243
>>3886257
why the fuck buy this instead of an AVS?
>>
>>3887071
Because an AVS doesn't run in 1080p and doesn't have the ability to reprogram the core to run one of dozens of different systems with a built-in flash cart
>>
>>3887126
Were talking about the upscaling of square pixels here. Will 1080p really make that much difference compared to 720p?
>>
>>3887264
When your TV forces the 720 into a 1080 picture and causes lag, yeah, it does make a difference.
>>
>>3887271
Do you seriously believe that a TV will use so much processing power upscaling a 720p signal to 1080p that you would get any noticeable input lag?

Maybe if you have one of those cheap and nasty chinese LCD TVs.
>>
>>3887284
The speed of a TV's built in scaler has very little to do with the price of the TV.

Some of the expensive Sonys have really nice upscalers that make video look really nice.. but add like 6 frames of delay even from 720p.

Also the NTMini has cores for other systems too like SMS and Gameboy, all of which with the better image output than the AVS which only has it's NES core.

If it was cheaper I'd be all over this thing, it's great, but alas it's hard to justify when I could use that money on other things
>>
What's the point in buying something like this so expensive when an NES and crt is much cheaper? 500 to play retro shit in hdmi is pointless. The right crt will look great if not better than retro shit in hd.
>>
>>3886878
Uhhhm...
Not trying to argue with you but if we already put the HiDef and the NESRGB into the equation, the upscaler falls out of the equation completely.
The Analogue and the HiDef natively outputs digital 720p or 1080p directly without processing an analog signal so there's nothing being upscaled whatsoever and for RGB you won't need an upscaler because you either use a CRT or the HDMI part for anything modern.
So if you were to install everything yourself and do a correct equation it'd be more like ~400$
110$(NESRGB) + 130$(Hidef) + ~60$(NES console(s)) + 110$(Everdrive) + 15$(NES Controller) which would result in 425$. You'd kinda need two consoles though since the NESRGB and Hidef can't be installed into one console.
Depending on where you live, the Analogue will probably run you around 600$ if not more with shipping and possible import charges. Nevertheless it's a pretty badass device.
>>
>>3887296
It's not just an NES is why.

It's an NES/SMS/GG/Colecovision/GB/GBC/2600/7800/Supervision/Gameate/Game King/Channel F/Arcadia 2001/Creativsion all with HDMI and RGB output and SD rom loading so you wouldn't need an everdrive to have all those systems hooked up to your PVM with one single input.
>>
>>3887314
if that's how it's being advertised, then nobody is going to buy it.

The average casual retro gamer doesn't give a fuck and just wants to play babby's first nintendo game or sanic.
>>
>>3887323
It's enthusiast tech, this is the same company that sold what were essentially refurbished NESes in machined metal shells for massive price tags.
>>
>>3887313
No, you're right, though the upscaler should be taken into account when you're considering the other consoles it can play. But people are overestimating how much the aluminum factored into the cost. It's expensive because it's everything you need to play NES/Famicom perfectly on a modern TV all in one box, no modding or framemeisters required.
>>
>>3887323
It's not being marketed to the crowd that bought the NES Classic or a RetroPi to play Mario. It's marketed toward the people that buy Framemeisters and mod their original Nintendos.
>>
>>3887264
1080p is actually worse for 240p content because it doesn't scale natively.
>>
>>3887645
so it's being marketed to almost nobody
>>
>>3886257

Nay, this is just the classic case of a solution looking for a problem.

If you're going to bother with fpga based emulation, might as well apply it to real use cases, such as obscure arcade boards.

Not one of the most ordinary systems ever, the fuckin famicom.
>>
>>3887835
pretty much yeah
>>
>>3886243
Buy an open FPGA system like MiST instead.
>>
>>3888024
Holy shit I had no idea there were this many cores available for MiST now. That's actually a very good option.
>>
>>3888024
>MiST
>only VGA-out
kek
>>
>>3888024
>>3888227
Isn't the MiST more geared towards retro computers with it's cores?
>>
>>3886243
Cool piece of hardware but too fucking expensive
>>
>>3886243
I bought a famiclone for 20€ on chinkexpress. Works well on my PAL tv with AV, i can play all of my famico games without having to buy an expensive import console. Buying 300$ for an NES in 2017 is just fucking stupid unless you have A LOT of money to spend
>>
>>3888686
This thing is for the crazy retro fans who just need the best picture quality and least lag possible.

The other option is to mod a normal NES with a special add-on board and shit that isn't that much cheaper (and this thing runs multiple different systems in pretty much perfect hardware duplication)
>>
>>3888695
It's kind of goofy though, since you'll never have LESS lag than using a stock machine or a cheap Famiclone on a free CRT you found on the curb.
>>
>>3888709
Yeah, but you'll never have a nice, clean, good looking picture on a big screen with your cheapo CRT.

Depending on what you want your best options are
- RGB modded NES (or NT Mini
) on a PVM
- NT Mini on a good fast HDTV

(also there's some weird specific things where you're wrong about minimal lag, the digital output board for the Gamecube actually has a faster pipeline than the default analogue out.)
>>
File: rockman fc comp pvm.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
rockman fc comp pvm.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>3888717
Such is analog video. Sticking an FPGA in my Famicom to offload PPU processes to with fake color-palettes is about as authentic as emulating to me, so I don't see the draw. Composite on a PVM is really the way to go unless you own a SHARP Titler or Playchoice-10 cabinet. I am considering a RetroUSB AVS though. I currently use real hardware with composite on a PVM (or a consumer set if I'm feeling it) or a hacked Wii with an HDMI adapter if I want to play on the HDTV.
>>
hidden bootleg for capitalistic countries
>>
>>3888227
In my very quick glance at the site I saw a YPbPr core for download.
>>
It made my wife divorce me
>>
>>3888726
>Another person who doesn't understand how the NESRGB actually works
How does the AVS feel any more authentic then though?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (68KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
68KB, 1280x720px
>>3886740
Quadralords
>>
>>3887661
That's not as important as the pixel count. With 1920x1080 you can use 5x 4x integer scaling, which gives you a pixel aspect ratio closer to 8:7 than the 4x 3x integer scaling that's the most you can fit in 1280x720.
4k output would be even better, of course.
>>
>>3888709
Not to mention these turbo autist collectors who NEED the least input lag possible are invariably not very good at games in the first place.
>>
>>3889202
It doesn't at all, it's just more useful (don't need a CRT or scaler) and less destructive than ruining vintage hardware. I do understand how the NESRGB works.

Here's the deal: there are two ways to play NES/FC games in RGB, a Playchoice-10, or a Famicom Titler. Period. Every other way is completely fake. The colors are wrong, you're putting modern hardware inside your console, so, in addition to being inaccurate and inauthentic, you've literally compromised the hardware to do it. I can't get down with that, personally.
>>
>>3889262
playing a warlords clone with a d-pad instead of a paddle would be a nitemare
>>
File: 300px-Vaus.jpg (16KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Vaus.jpg
16KB, 300x400px
>>3889321
Yeah you'll want a set of NES Arkanoid controllers for it
>>
>>3889408
oh fuck yeah I didn't know it supported those.
>>
>>3886243
Hipster shit?
>>
>>3888686
>AV Famicom
>expensive
>>
>>3889262
I want that game, but they have only released it on NES game paks, and they likely won't make a Famicom release or anything.
>>
File: NES to FC adapter.jpg (230KB, 1256x741px) Image search: [Google]
NES to FC adapter.jpg
230KB, 1256x741px
>>3889575
I don't even know how 4-player works on Famicom
>>
>>3889620
I don't want to fuck around with adapters, adding length to already oversized cartridges.

4-player for Famicom worked through the expansion port, so you can make an adapter from just some connectors and wires, haven't managed to find pinouts for this though. The FourScore, which works by multiplexing, can be used on an AV Famicom for games that support it. I at least hope the controller ports are at the same distance from each other, I've never actually tried.
>>
>>3889569
>expensive
It's all relative. Not every underage shitposter can have a job that pays more than minimum wage.
>>
I've been in need of a NES. Yet, I still cannot figure the affordable option (aside from emulation which I already do) to take advantage of what I already have. My original one's power source burned out. Plus I actually like sharp pixels, I don't pay much attention to "what the developers intended" just playing to preferences I have which is how I remembered them in my past but more crisp. So slight stretching for rectangular pixels but still has the junk on the side for NES games.

I read/hear the RetroUSB AVS and this Analogue NT Mini have amazing accuracy due to the FPGA. The Analogue NT Mini is pretty nice that once the side firmware is installed you get a lot more systems, especially ones which I never played much of like SMS and GG (and I'm clueless with all those other 8-bit computers).

>>3887313
What if I already have upscalers (XRGB2, Framemeister, and OSSC), Everdrive N8, old square NES controllers? RGB NES and that HDMI NES are still well out of reach in pricing for me. I dislike the AVS maxing out at 720P with output restricted to HDMI only and find its drive door ugly for Famicom games. The Analogue NT mini offers all those other cores and ROM support plus option to output analog or HDMI, but is way more expensive.

>>3888024
>>3888264
I really wish there was a 486 core for the thing, that would be perfect for me.

>>3888717
>>3888726
I so want a 20-24" BVM or PVM. They are a thing of myth around me in this backwards ass place. Plus the ones anyone has to offer are over a grand on the other side of the country.

>>3889721
Shit! Not the same poster but I'm not underage and I have job that barely pays over minimum wage. Everything is fuck-expensive. Even those unmodded AV Famicoms. I feel bad.
>>
>>3892003
I got my 14" out of a trash pile at my last job, and I snag 80s era consumer Trinitrons when they pop up at the local goodwill. You can use your composite NES on your framemeister if you already have one. It's not ultra pretty, but it's serviceable and low-lag. Unfortunately the OSSC doesn't have a composite input. You've got options bro. Even a modded Wii with component on a consumer TV with component inputs will look fantastic. Not to mention Netflix, Hulu and Youtube all still work on the Wii which is fun for CRT viewing of pre-HD shows/videos.
>>
>>3887292
>but alas it's hard to justify when I could use that money on other things
Dumbest argument I've ever seen, desu.

Could literally be applied to everything.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.