[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CiB

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: secretary bird.png (187KB, 294x294px) Image search: [Google]
secretary bird.png
187KB, 294x294px
How important is it to most of you that something is CiB?

I mean, as collecting goes, I only grab games and systems I'm going to play, and I only ever do CiB for Discs, otherwise, if its just a cart I have those massive cart holders that I put everything in.
>>
Trying to pry myself away from the mindset that I need a complete disc package for 32-bit and onward. It's very costly.

I actually have a 3DO (don't laugh*), and buying disc-only is so much smarter, one because the games kinda suck, and two, the manuals are mostly worthless anyhow since they have that wonderful tradition of "let's not tell you jack about any important shit"

Like, not having the manual to Silent Bomber has not impeded my enjoyment of the game at all. Same for Einhander.

*you can laugh a little bit
>>
>>3885702
I'm particular about certain systems. Pretty much if it's sega, it has to be CiB. Otherwise, it's nice, but I'm not willing to pay too much extra for cases and boxes.
>>
>>3885709
Most of what I've found shopping around eBay has been really bad, for the most part. I picked up a copy of Blood Omen 1 earlier for PSX. $10 for very good quality. But other games? I tried looking at disc only first and some of the best I found within a decent price range was Acceptable at best. Sometimes I'd find good, but I always want to be sure the games work. I had a few a couple years back that I'd ordered in at Good rating and they just wouldn't read. Since then I've been extremely careful about what I order.

Carts on the other hand? I've had smashed packages come in because the shipper wouldn't let me pay for better postal services and I didn't care a bit, the game was fine inside.

Maybe I'm just crazy.
Also, I myself want a 3DO. Always wanted to try the 3DO version of StarControl 2.
>>
>>3885713
Specifically Sega I have to agree. I haven't had an issue with anything PSX related in my ordering. Still kinda nervous about anything rated Good or below.
>>
I am the same. I want complete for disc games but carts I tend not to care.
I have a couple cib sfc games - Chrono trigger and breath of fire 2, because they're cheap and two of my favorite RPGs for the system.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.