[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So im selling my console doubles, only doubt is which one of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 1

File: 20170326_161321.jpg (1023KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170326_161321.jpg
1023KB, 2560x1440px
So im selling my console doubles, only doubt is which one of my Snes should i keep? the 1st gen or the 1 chip? please can anyone give me the basic gestalt on pros and cons.
>>
1 chip is better in every way.
>>
1 chip for sure.
>>
>>3885274
Makes no difference, unless you are a turbo autist.
>>
>>3885302
>>3885309
is it true that the color and sprites definition are better on the 1 chip? im talking using default video cables, not RGB modding.

>>3885312
there has to be a difference anon.
>>
>>3885317
1chip doesn't need modding, only the mini.
>>
1 chip has issues with some games. You would make more money selling the 1chip to someone with more money than sense.
Keep the first gen. It has a cool cartridge latch.
>>
>>3885347
>It has a cool cartridge latch.
explain. to me they oook exactly the same.
>>
>>3885357
The original top half has a mechanical latch the locks into the slot on the cartridge, when the power switch is slid forward.
You know, the older carts have a slot. Prevents the game from being removed.
The revision is a reverse taper, that causes the lock arm to be pushed forward and turns the console off...If it's removed during play.
>>
>>3885383
got it, youre talking about that plastic tab that gets into the first revision cartridges to prevent you from taking them out while the console is on.
Well i can just replace the eject mechanism and put it into the 1 chip, i just checked and it fits.
>>
>>3885397
meant to say, just take the palstic tab out and put it into the 1 chip top case, it fits.
>>
>>3885347
>1 chip has issues with some games.

Which ones, and high sever issues?
>>
Keep the 1chip and sell the other as ORIGINAL REVISION HIGHEST QUALITES 1991 SNES CONSOLE RARE L@@K , because hipsters like this idiot >>3885347 will pay $400 for it on ebay.
>>
>>3885406
It's mostly notable in Aladdin and Demon's Crest. There's some random garbage pixels that show up at the top of the screen. Other than that the game plays fine.
>>
>>3885274
What would the benefit of keeping the 1st model? Why would you not keep the 1-chip?
>>
>>3885413
because ive heard stories like these >>3885409

And also, i plan to RGB mod it some day in the near future, and im not sure which one is easier or gives better results.
>>
>>3885416
You don't have to mod any SNES for RGB aside from the mini. Only the NES and N64 require this.
>>
>>3885416
That's barely noticeable anon, keep the 1 chip
>>
>>3885494
say no more.

Im keeping the 1 chip.

Now about Nes, theres no difference btw the front loaders am i right?
>>
>>3885408
Some actually want the 1st rev because of SPC700 shielding
>>
>>3885416

>RGB mod

You don't even know that the SNES does it natively?
>>
>>3885649
what i meant was... soldering the actual cables and making the wholes on the case for the RCA connectors to be put into place.

Anyways... my 1chip isnt actually a 1chip, its the scond revision GPM-02 it doesnt have a removable sound module but it isnt a 1chip :(
>>
The original is better. 1CHIP is nothing more than Nintendo's officially sanctioned SNES clone console. Hence why there's some minor graphical distortion in some games with it.

People say the 1CHIP is sharper. Do you know why? It's because Nintendo cheaped out and removed some video filtering circuits from the console which were installed for a reason. If you tore them out of an original SNES it would also
be stupidly sharp.

This maximum sharpness = good meme has to end. Literally proliferated by people with zero taste.
>>
>>3886010
>The original is better. 1CHIP is nothing more than Nintendo's officially sanctioned SNES clone console.
[citation needed]
>>
>>3886021
byuu said it
>>
>>3886029
Well, that's his opinion.

And he hasn't said it's a clone, he said "What I do know is that the Super Famicom Jr / SNES Mini is listed as 2/1/3, but is honestly more of a clone system."
>>
>>3886040
>Well, that's his opinion.
You can say what you want about him, but he's an expert on this area. It's an expert's opinion.

>"What I do know is that the Super Famicom Jr / SNES Mini is listed as 2/1/3, but is honestly more of a clone system."
SFJr/SNES Mini are all based on 1CHIP
>>
after 3 thousand hours of searching on the Googles ive decided to do the component mod, seems to be pretty easy on these models, im OP by the way, Snes GPM 02 revision.

Could you guys help.me find the parts i need? ran a search on Ebay but cant find color coded female RCA connectors, ill need red green and blue, then a component cable and maybe 75ohm resistorHelp apreciated.
>>
Dude, just use S-video. The picture quality is a minimal jump between RGB and s-video.
>>
>>3886161
This is especially true for SNES
I reverted back to s video because the minimal gains for higher expense was not worth it to me.
Enter the crazies telling me how blind I am.

If you want random parts, check out console5.com They will have your rca connectors and resistors.
Tg16pcemods sells a small rgb to yuv board.
>>
>>3886161
my tube doesnt vave svideo
>>
>>3886161
> The picture quality is a minimal jump between RGB and s-video.
only when your tv is shitgarbage-tier.
>>
>>3886378
14" pvm and on a Panasonic plasma with a good scaler.
So, nope. Try again.
>>
>>3886179
thganks man...

just one last question nefore ordering.

Could i use regular RCA jacks for the component cables? asking because i have broken audio equipmernt i couold salvage the jacks from.

I wouldnt mind if theyre not color coded if i can save 7 bucks.
>>
>>3885274
Shit look at all the wasted space in there. Why don't you take all the motherboards from the 1CHIP and put them into a new case with all the motherboards from all the best versions of the other consoles, set them all up for RGB, and hook it up to a Sony BVM. Then sit on the hardwood floors and rock out. Flashcarts hardwired in there also of course.
>>
>>3886453
Your 14" PVM is probably some 250-line horizontal resolution buttfuck model from 1980
>>
>>3886161
>>3886179
>>3886347
>>3886378
>>3886453
>>3887215

RGB is the sharpest and usually most preferred for displays but in the case of the SNES it's not that much different compared to S-video or even composite for that matter. It's a bigger difference with other consoles like the Playstation or the Megadrive but especially on CRTs the difference is very small for audio output when we're talking about the SNES.

I use a pretty big consumer set from 2000 so I'm sure it's not just my TV.
>>
>>3886378
>>3887215
difference is minimal, unlike the jump from composite
>>>3885542
feel free to ask specs :^)
>>
>>3887237
RGB doesn't have anything to do with "audio output"
>>
>>3887237
>audio input
I'm guessing that was a mistake.
The difference is slight between RGB and S-video, but saying there really isn't much difference between RGB and composite is utter shit.
>>
>>3885657
>>3886070
doing that would only make sense if the A/V Multi port was broken or something. Chink SNES component cables with proper shielding cost $3-$5, you should just buy one of those.
>>
>>3888939
>SNES component cables with proper shielding
Please post a link.
>>
>>3885409
>There's some random garbage pixels that show up at the top of the screen.

So, fucking nothing? A 1 pixel bug on the topmost scanline that normally gets hidden by overscan anyway?

>>3885591
>Some actually want the 1st rev because of SPC700 shielding

Any source on that? What difference does that even make, when the chip is entirely digital? It's the DAC that would need extra shielding, and you can get around that anyway with an spdif mod.
>>
>>3888963
>with an spdif mod
Speaking of spdif mods
Is it worth doing these mods for Super Famicom, Saturn, Dreamcast and PS1?
>>
>>3887237
>It's a bigger difference with other consoles like the Playstation or the Megadrive

On the Megadrive it's the difference between having picture and not having picture, since it can't do s-video to begin with.

>>3887492
>RGB doesn't have anything to do with "audio output"

sounds like someone never used SCART before.
>>
>>3888979
It's always worth it. You get bit perfect audio output with zero noise.
>>
>>3887492
>>3888748
Oops, I mean video output.
>>
>>3888993
Well to be fair, most people refer to the video quality of RGB and not so much the audio. Also, SCART isn't the only way to transfer RGB signals. It's more of a "universal" port that can carry over RGB, composite and S-video signals if it's got all the pins.
>>
>>3888979
if your audio-hardware can support their non-spec output, sure.
>>
>>3885274
Pros: Weed makes you happy
Cons: Weed makes you poor
>>
>>3889215
>and S-video signals if it's got all the pins.
S-Video isn't standard, and actually makes use of some of the RGB pins on sets that accept S-Video over SCART.
>>
>>3887161
Not him but yes, RCA is RCA
>>
>>3890004
ok thanks, ill salvage some RCA from a broken stereo set.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.