[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How's this remake compared to the original Amiga Giana?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

File: giana.jpg (154KB, 600x538px) Image search: [Google]
giana.jpg
154KB, 600x538px
How's this remake compared to the original Amiga Giana?
>>
File: ackchyually.jpg (45KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
ackchyually.jpg
45KB, 700x700px
Original was on the C64.
>>
>>3885042
>some nobodies make an obvious super mario ripoff
>decades later Nintendo lets them release it for their consoles
>>
>>3886850
Holy shit I thought this (DS remake) was a joke for sure. I thought Nintendo actually sued these people back in the day.
>>
>>3886850
They intended to port Mario to the C64, but the gooks at Nintendo refused because Maps are technologically illiterate.
>>
Plays nothing like classic giana aka smb. If you want a real sequel get Giana’s Return.
>>
File: 1417758431580.jpg (88KB, 422x329px) Image search: [Google]
1417758431580.jpg
88KB, 422x329px
I'm playing the PC port right now, it lacks variety since there are only 4 tilesets but the game has some well designed levels.
I will give it a 682/1000 with 500 being averange
>>
>>3885042
its a simple, but well done mario clone, also the characters look actually cute. instead of the abominations that were the older box arts.
>>
>>3886890
this post makes no sense, please sit in a corner, you are shameful.
>>
It controls better.
>>
One of the best looking 2D games on DS. Gameplay is solid but nothing special, it's worth playing just to appreciate the animation and art design though.
>>
>>3886867
I don't think Nintendo ever actually sued them but they did get hit with a C&D which meant pulling all the retail copies of the game. Seems like nobody has any beef anymore, the DS game was an exclusive and twisted dreams got a Wii U port.
>>
>>3888351
That's because it's now less obviously a Mario clone nowadays. When Mario was basically the only "multi screen scrolling platformer where you jump on enemies and grab power-ups that make you stronger from blocks" game in town, it's a bit more obvious.
>>
>>3890732
let's not forget the very similar palette and enemies too
>>
File: Great_giana_sisters.jpg (66KB, 314x403px) Image search: [Google]
Great_giana_sisters.jpg
66KB, 314x403px
>>3890732
>>3891219
Pretty sure this ad had a fair amount to do with it as well, seeing how it goes after mario bros directly.
>>
It can't be any worse than the abysmal original.

Also lol at the idea that they dindu nuffin and GGS wasn't just a piss poor rip off of one of the most important games of all time. This was from the same people who got into legal action with Katakis being a deliberate rip off of R-Type. They knew exactly what they were doing, and so did Nintendo.
>>
>>3891532
only aus-kun pushes the dindu nuffin narrative though
>>
>>3887971
It was supposed to say Japs, I think.
>>
File: 1473691604476.jpg (9KB, 303x303px) Image search: [Google]
1473691604476.jpg
9KB, 303x303px
>>3891532
M8, why the hate? Listen to the music of the original on YT and unfuck yourself, it's one of Chris Hülsbeck greatest works.

You lesser people annoy me.
>>
>>3892776
>it has good music therefore it's a good game
europeans.txt

i feel bad for hulsbeck actually because his music was almost always in shit games (also he ripped off Ys once)
>>
>>3892776
>it's one of Chris Hülsbeck greatest works.
It's fucking garbage.
>>
>>3888346
This. Also, great music.
>>
>>3892776
>but the music
Gameplay's usually more important in a fucking platformer.
>>
>>3885042
What are some other cute platformers like this that let me play as a little girl and collect magic crystals?
>>
>>3892934
R-Type and Turrican are shit?
>>
>>3892934
>also he ripped off Ys once
I see you actually have some knowledge about it, but I doubt he did it on purpose. Here is an interview.
http://pixelatedaudio.com/jimpower/

Hülsbeck is also on of the few big guys who only did his own stuff, unlike Koshiro Yuzo and Rob Hubbard who took great... inspiration from others. Don't really care about most of his work, but To Be On Top is amazing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCZICbuTRco
>>
>>3893695
Umihara Kawase, you don't really collect crystals though
>>
>>3894126
R-Type is a port of a Japanese arcade game. Turrican is europlatformer trash.
>>
>>3894253
Huelsbeck did the title theme for the Amiga version of R-Type, you idiot.
>>
>>3894218
>>3893695
do not be mistaken, umihara kawase isn't an easy platformer it exists to push your skill to incredible extents.
>>
>>3893659
Sounds like you would love the seminal classic, BROS

WE ARE ALL BROS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYZEHmOWSQ8

IF YOU DON'T WATCH THIS YOU AIN'T A BRO
>>
>>3894253
>turrican
>europlatformer trash

opinion invalidated
>>
>>3894393

... Your point being? It's still the shittiest way to play the game.
>>
>>3894126
his themes don't fit r-type, both the C64 and Amiga ones

why did european porters always add superfluous shit to ports? just try to do it as accurately as possible god damnit
>>
>>3895045
It's better than the SNES and Master System ports.
>>
why do americans hate euro games but love jap games? even when they didn't have any games of their own anyways
>>
>>3895294
Snes didn't get a R-Type 1 port.
>>
>>3892776
>Listen to the music
Yeah, okay.
Original Giana still controls like shit.
>>
>>3895481
Am I supposed to love a game just because it's european?
>>
>>3895481
because most euro games were all style over substance garbage

prove me wrong
>>
>>3895485
Well it runs better than the SNES ports.
>>
>>3895481
Because we were busy playing Javanese games.
>>
>>3895598
R-type 3 runs fine.
>>
>>3895294
and pales terribly in comparison to the american and japanese exclusive turbografx-16/PC-Engine port
>>
>>3896053
Why?
>>
>>3896106
shit sound
shit palette

PCE version is almost 1:1 to the arcade and even has slightly better music
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.