[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are amerifats so obsessed with an inferior version of the Famicom?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 11

File: screenshot0001.jpg (460KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot0001.jpg
460KB, 1920x1080px
Why are amerifats so obsessed with an inferior version of the Famicom?
>>
>>3884424
Because that is what we had back in the day. None of those Chinese knockoffs for us.
>>
Why are europoors so obsessed with what americans like?
>>
Did Mike get his pallete teeth fixed?
I remember he had a gap like madonna.
>>
>>3884424
>50hz
>>
>>3884657
>10 inches
>>
>>3884535
The same reason why they care about anything we have: jealousy, tempered with sour grapes.
>>
Why are eurofags obsessed with the objectively inferior PAL format?
>>
>>3884703
Delusion. The only reason anyone pays attention to your obese mestizo/nigger country is because you have a vast and disproportionate influence on the world stage.
>>
Why are underage faggots like OP so obsessed with spamming e-celeb garbage on this board?
>>
File: akira.jpg (132KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
akira.jpg
132KB, 1024x768px
what do Retro Games have to do with your shitty euro vs yank shitposting? Take it to /int/.
>>
>>3884535
It's difficult not to be aware of what Americans like, they control the vast majority of content output in some areas. It's quite interesting watching the American version of video game history simply become video game history, due to the mediums through which these things are mostly spread, for example.
>>
>hardwired controllers
>RF output only
>no dc conversion in the unit
>only other alternative is 50hz European/Mattel version trash
>>
>>3884736
So our stature as a global power is why you make 4chan threads asking why we don't like the same 30 year-old game console that you like?
>>
>>3884758
>only other alternative is 50hz European/Mattel version trash
What is AV Famicom, Alex?
>>
>OP asks a simple question
>Americans go in full insecure mode
>>
>>3884424
Better question: why are people so obsessed with the shitty NES when the SNES/Genesis generation was a vastly superior golden age?
>>
>>3884870
It wasn't a simple question. It was a condescending one with the intent to insult.
>>
File: RobinField.png (29KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
RobinField.png
29KB, 300x300px
>>3884870
Not American or European, and I can see OP started shit, not the other way around
>amerifats
>lying about famicom being superior to the NES (maybe in design, I don't like the NES either, but NES has advantages over the Famicom in technical aspects)

Having said that, keep on fighting, euros and americs, it's fun!
>>
>>3884872
Because it's the next best thing after 4th gen.
>>
>>3884876
>NES has advantages over the Famicom in technical aspects
Yeah, at least over the original Famicom. I guess this was why they used the NES design in Europe instead of just making a version of the Famicom, the main problem with the NES wasn't really that apparent back then since it takes a couple years for the cartridge slot to wear out.

The design of the NES is really shitty though and there's no reason to be obsessed with it and it's hideous massive grey cartridges.
>>
>>3884872
>shitty
Nes = Snes
>>
>>3884893
While I agree with you about the cart slot and the aesthetic of the NES, you're still giving too much thought about something that's trivial.
People often care about a console for the games, not the aesthetic design.
Besides, for many the NES is very iconic. I'm not a fan of it as I grew up with a Famicom, but it's not bad either. It's bulky and bigger, but the color scheme and the stripped bat pattern is still iconic, I don't hate it either and don't mind if people like it.
>>
File: homer_15.jpg (33KB, 640x430px) Image search: [Google]
homer_15.jpg
33KB, 640x430px
>today's kids caring about how a console looks
It could have looked like Homer's car as long as it fucking played Mario. Fuck's sake.
>>
Because they sold 30 million of the fucking things to us. And now those 30 million buyers have kids.
>>
>>3884894
The hardware for SNES was more powerful in a meaningful way and the games were both better designed and more creative.

NES was basic as fuck, get over it.
>>
>>3884916
NES was more powerful relative for its time than the SNES.

It's embarrassing that the SNES slowed down on things that wouldn't phase the PC Engine or Mega Drive, consoles that were released 2-3 years earlier.
>>
>>3884917
Oh, and that's the other reason that generation was better than NES, it had competition in consoles that each had their own strengths.
>>
>>3884917
>It's embarrassing that the SNES slowed down on things that wouldn't phase the PC Engine or Mega Drive, consoles that were released 2-3 years earlier.

In hindsight that's a very Nintendo thing to do.
>>
>>3884729
>objectively inferior PAL format

now this is some 0/10 bait
>>
How is having controllers that arent stuck to the console inferior?
>>
>>3884969
You could still plug in extra controllers dumbass.
>>
I legitimately find the basic grey blocky look of the NES more aesthetically pleasing than the the Famicom. I dunno, something about its smaller size, shape and bright-white-and-red plastic makes it look more toyetic to me, despite the fact it was literally sold as a Family Computer.
>>
>>3884736
>you have a vast and disproportionate influence on the world stage.

Cry more, non-nuclear/military power shitter.
>>
>>3884990
You gonna tell us how the US military could destroy the whole solar system too?
>>
>>3884535
Jealousy
>>
>>3884991
Gee, you sure sound salty.

Could probably destroy whatever shitty little country you come from.

Stay mad, third worlder :^)
>>
>>3884876
>but NES has advantages over the Famicom in technical aspects
Yeah, like not being able to support certain mappers giving games shitty audio.
>>
>>3885007
You can add expansion audio with a simple rewiring, I have no idea why the NES doesn't just support it since it doesn't need any extra hardware really.
>>
>>3884424
Being fat is a sign of success and wealth. In the 1800s being fat is considered attractive because it meant we can afford all the food we want and don't have to slave away in the filthy farm fields all day like peasants.
>>
>>3884991
That's stupid, you're fucking stupid. Why would anyone even need or want to destroy the solar system.

Fucking idiot.
>>
>>3885035
Why did Sephiroth do it?
>>
>>3885059
>Why did weebshit do it?

Shut up, fucking weeb.
>>
File: 1473125541908.jpg (29KB, 317x357px) Image search: [Google]
1473125541908.jpg
29KB, 317x357px
>it's a Yanks vs Euros thread
Why can't we all just get along and be united by our collective love for retro vidya?
>>
>>3885078
Because Yank-kun and Euro-kun grew up playing different games and they feel like they need to defend their childhood's honor.
It's a westie thing.
>>
>>3885078
We like different things. While America preferred Atari, the Nes, and Apple Europe preferred Commodore, Sinclair, and Amstrad. There's not much overlap besides some Americans supporting Commodore.
>>
>>3884960
For games it is inferior. 50Hz and practically no game uses the full resolution of it, just letterboxing the 240p/480i picture.
>>
>>3885101
Most Amiga games use it, actually.
>>
>>3885092
What about arcade gaming?
I grew up with a C64 in Europe and missed the NES/SMS entirely. I have remained a PC guy all my life but there was one console that convinced me to go to the other side, the SNES.
I knew people with Mega Drive too and I played one a lot that my cousin used to have, but I leaned toward SNES because I saw arcade ports like Gradius III and SF II on SNES (MD later got its own SF ports, but i remain partial to Turbo on SNES when it comes to console ports of that era).
While Sega had great arcade-style games (mainly shmups) that I missed back in the day and played now, companies like Capcom, Konami, Irem and others supported the SNES more.
I was a PC kid, but I also grew up in arcades, I knew these japanese developers and what it meant to play a game made by them.
Not to mention their console-exclusive stuff that was even better than the arcade ports. Megaman X blew my 8 year old mind and still does today.
So, even if the majority of people in Europe grew up playing computers and european games, I think there's also the people who grew up with both, PC and arcade gaming, and went the console route too through arcade interest/japanese games.
>>
>>3885092
>Europe preferred Commodore, Sinclair, and Amstrad.
You forgot Sega/Master System.
>>
>>3885108
That was later. The Master System, though never as popular as home computers, peaked in the 90sin terms of popularity.
>>3885106
The C64 is, what we call, a home computer, not a personal computer. PC generally just refers to IBM compatibles.
Arcades weren't all that popular where I was.
>>
>>3885118
>Arcades weren't all that popular where I was.

Not even Street Fighter II caught up? What country are you from?
>>
>>3885172
You need someone to buy the cabinets first, I was in the rural north of England, no arcade games except Pacman in the pub.
>>
>>3884907
That car was baller af
>>
>>3884751
It's so bullshit that it's been so accepted like that, do the Japanese even know about this? I know europe and brazil do. Why are people so complacent in letting idiots write history?

Heyyy gais!! Pepperoni gaber 77 here!! Did you knoe kneentendo actually saved vibeo bibbeos from extiiiinction!?! I know right! double-you tee eeeeeeeffff? *zooms in on his face with red filter* You see, after the eeeevil atari men released ET and Pac man on the totally garbo 2600, everybody said "WOAH, VIBEO GABES ARE STUPID!!" but then Kneentendo came and made the En-bi-ess!! and it had robbie the robot and duck hunt and mayro bros and resurected jesus and saved gabing forever!!!
>>
>>3884538
/vr/ made fun of Mike's teeth, so he got them fixed. They called him gay, so he got a gf and shows her off every chance he can. They said he dressed like an asshole, so he started wearing dress shirts. They said Bootsy was better at vidya than him, so he fired him and stole his idea for a walkthrough show. Chances that he's looking into experimental surgery to remove the pedo bags under his eyes because /vr/ makes fun of them? 100%

He's such an insecure fag. A part of me likes Ryan better and thats sayin something
>>
>>3884424
Because they're too lazy to find anything better than whats fed to them.
>>
>>3885297
Why do Americans think dress shirts and khakis/cargo shorts is a good look?
>>
>>3885279
>It's so bullshit that it's been so accepted like that
>Why are people so complacent in letting idiots write history?

You make it sound like we're collectively responsible for every e-celeb dipshit who broadcasts his egregious gaming opinions on YouTube. Exactly what do you expect us to do to correct the record? I can't make people stop subscribing to e-celeb nonsense. I don't even watch any of it.
>>
>>3885297
Man, we need to make fun of the fact he's alive so that he kills himself.
>>
>>3884424
Gee, I wonder why Americans like the game systems they grew up on?
>>
>>3885007
the av Famicom doesn't support that shit either, enjoy your rf Famicom
>>
>>3885445
Of course it does, it's just that it mixes the audio a bit differently.

The original Famicom can be modded for composite if needed.
>>
>>3885450
The Nes can be nodded for RGB. Composite isn't even better than RF.
>>
>>3884424
Ryan, you'd be an attractive guy if you got in shape and saw a speech therapist.
>>
>>3885450
>a bit differently
So quiet you can barely hear it

you might as well mod a toaster
>>
>>3885460
>The Nes can be nodded for RGB.
Not really, the graphics chip renders in composite.
>Composite isn't even better than RF.
Are you serious? And even if it wasn't, you at least don't have to fuck around with channels.
>>3885470
>ugly oversized console with huge cartridges with a front loading mechanism for no fucking reason than the North American video game crash, which also could have been done way better and simpler by just having a horizontal toploading mechanism basically.
>>
>>3885475
>Not really
You're wrong.
The difference between RF and composite is negligible.
>>
>>3885013
why are you posting here if you're underage?
>>
>>3885490
I'm not wrong, the only way to get a RGB signal is to add some extra stuff to it. And RF is just a cumbersome standard in general since it has channels and crap.
>>
>>3885495
Most mods add things, mate.
>>
>>3885496
I'm pretty sure it's the only RGB mod that requires you to add an FPGA-controller. Most RGB mods just involve soldering some some wires to a graphics chip.
>>
>>3885502
Most consoles don't need RGB mods.
>>
There wasn't a thread for remembering game names so I might as well ask here.

Trying to remember a famicom game, never released outside of Japan. You make your character and have three pieces to choose for, head, body, and legs. Each one gives multiole options and have different effects based on your choices. The levels are connected but you can also navigate an overworld. The game is incredibly bright and silly in tone. I believe there was a level made out of candy.

Anyone know what I'm thinking of?
>>
>>3885510
Yeah, but most that do don't need extra hardware addons.
>>
>>3885516
Which ones do need it?
>>
>>3885518
I don't remember, but I'm sure only the Famicom needs an FPGA for it.
>>
>>3885520
Then how can you say most don't need things added to it?
>>
>>3885521
Because the Famicom is the only console except maybe older stuff that renders a composite signal in the video chip.
>>
File: GB.png (8KB, 308x282px) Image search: [Google]
GB.png
8KB, 308x282px
>hard-wired controllers
>>
>>3885530
There's always the AV Famicom, and you can always use external controllers on the original model.
>>
>>3885495
>>3885520

you could swap the ppu with one from a play choice 10 to get rgb.

I wouldn't because it has a terrible color palette, but it's still a way to do it without fpga
>>
>>3885547
Well, every other RGB mod can be done by just connecting some wires do the graphics chip.
>>
famicom wins because it works with the famicom disk system while the NES doesn't
>>
>>3885552
Which other RGB mods?
>>
File: famadap2.png (849KB, 676x775px) Image search: [Google]
famadap2.png
849KB, 676x775px
>>3885553
you just need an adapter
>>
>>3885557
I know the N64 requires one at least.
>>3885562
>murrifats trying this hard for much nostalgia
>>
>>3885565
The French N64 doesn't.
>>
>>3885562
I don't know why someone would go to the trouble of doing this. The disk system is the shittiest part of this shitty console

have fun debating whose shit is the least shitty
>>
>>3884424

Sorry, Brit. We all couldn't have been so blessed as to grow up with Amigas
>>
>>3884736
kek you proved his point
>>
>>3885279
Man, reading this is embarrassing. I don't like youtube e-celebs either but none of them actually talk or act like this and you just seem dangerously autistic for inventing such a deeply specific fantasy to get mad about. Go outside and use your energy to get mad about some real shit in the world and not youtube video game players.
>>
>>3884935
I used to think that the powergap that left nintendo behind really started to rear its head with the wii but honestly this shit has been going on since the SNES like you said. Nintendo has consistently been behind the times when it comes to hardware pretty much every single fucking generation and yet they are still the richest and most stable company right now. I guess it just goes to show that more powerful hardware isnt always the answer.
>>
>>3884424

The Famicom was the inferior version, though. You couldn't swap out controllers if they wore out.
>>
>>3884907
That PS4 in the car hood.
>>
>>3884424
Because they were designed to look like a VCR. So niggers knew what to steal. True story.
>>
I forget nintendo mania never happened across the pond. God can you imagine a decade of shitty c64-likes instead of the nes?
>>
>>3886375
Stop putting the Nes on a pedestal.
>>
>>3886381

> 16 pixel block scrolling in a time ruled by platformers and shmups.

It would've had a pedestal there too.
>>
>>3886385
>in a time ruled by platformers and shmups.
Not really, but the C64 and Speccy were capable of scrolling just fine.
>>
>>3886394

I've never seen a c64 game pull off smooth scrolling I think it was limited to 7 pixels.

The euro 3rd gen will always be an interesting oddity to me. I just have no clue what the hell you guys played before dos era. Hell I had an amiga and a c64 growing up and I don't even know what the hell I was playing on them.
>>
>>3886405
>I've never seen a c64 game pull off smooth scrolling I think it was limited to 7 pixels.
So what? You clearly don't know shit anyway. Why is it always Americans who get bewildered with different countries having different tastes?
>>
>>3884769
>global power
Son you can't even keep your own house in check.

The main reason is just because there's so fucking many of you, and you spam the media. Typical american thinking just because they're the loudest voice that means they're the most important.
>>
>>3886408

Because smooth scrolling and consoles dominated gaming prior to dos era so to have a segregated community dabbling in single worded shitty half-games for an entire generation is outright bizarre for the majority of us here. Sorry you took such offense with it, faggot.
>>
>>3886413
>Because smooth scrolling and consoles dominated gaming prior to dos era
Where you live,you ignorant yankee.
>>
File: 1490420805663.png (379KB, 600x558px) Image search: [Google]
1490420805663.png
379KB, 600x558px
>>3886410
>mfw Americans build houses out of wood
>mfw Americans can't power dryers on their mains
>mfw Americans boil water in the microwave
>mfw Americans don't have switches on powerpoints
>mfw Americans use corn syrup instead of sugar
>>
>>3886416
>>3886408

I'm not a yank (asian here, grew up with a Famicom), but you really are defending non-smooth scrolling?
>>
>>3886405
Iirc full screen smooth scrolling is possible on the c64 but quite slow. There's a hardware trick too that's very fast but it's undocumented (and was unused) because it's unstable. I may be wrong, happy to be corrected.

As for not knowing what you were playing on your amiga, that's on you mate. The library is phenomenal.
>>
File: P1030655.jpg (170KB, 1600x1199px) Image search: [Google]
P1030655.jpg
170KB, 1600x1199px
>>3884893
>massive grey cartridges.

>Not liking sexy, uniform gray
>Liking this rainbow vomit pile.
>>
>>3886534
Home micro fans have developed Stockholm syndrome for their eurotrash games.
>>
>>3886585
>The library is phenomenal.

Yeah, it has Turrican, Cannon Fodder, Lemmings.... uh, that one Pool game, maybe?
>>
>>3886405
i think you would smoothly scroll 7 pixels then move the entire tilemap in the same direction and repeat

so it was really just the illusion of smooth scrolling more than anything else
>>
>>3884917
Now you're playing with power
>>
>>3884917
I dunno, a lot of MD and PCE games have slowdown, even arcades had slowdown.

But hey, BLAST PROCESSING!
>>
>>3886534
The scrolling on the C64 is fine. Why is this so overblown? Because the Famicom can't compete otherwise?
>>
>>3886849
It goes against the youtube approved narrative and so is frowned upon.
>>
>>3885297
>pedo bags
kek is that what you call 'em?
>>
>>3885060
Chill out bro she was just answering your question.
>>
>>3886410
>so many of us
So China is the one that influences the world, not America?
>>
>>3887132
>only one country can influence the world
Typical Yank reading comprehension, but I'll play along.

>China directly affects the U.S. dollar by loosely pegging the value of its currency, the yuan, to the dollar.

So yeah china do influence the world, starting with you.

>China's currency power comes from its many exports to America.

https://www.thebalance.com/how-does-china-influence-the-u-s-dollar-3970466

</spoonfeeding>
</humouring>
>>
>>3885182
We pity you.
>>
>>3887530
You don't speak for everyone.
>>
>>3886405
>I've never seen something so it doesn't exist
lel
>I think
lel

>>3886585
>I may be wrong
You're wrong
>happy to be corrected
Happy to correct you
>>
>>3886904
All Italians have them and catholic priests are all known to be pedophiles.
>>
>>3886849
It's overblown the same way the "SNES slowdown" meme is overblown.
In the end it's all system wars and childhoods with unresolved traumas.
>>
>>3885874
>Go outside
That's going to be a problem.
>>
yuros:
>The NES was a complete failure in Europe because we were smarter than Americans and also had vastly superior gaming options available to us, so nobody bought that jap garbage.

also yuros:
>Japanese and American devs designed their NES games on superior PAL equipment running at 50hz, NTSC consoles play the music and the game too quickly and not as the developers intended.
>>
>>3887853
>also yuros:
>>Japanese and American devs designed their NES games on superior PAL equipment running at 50hz, NTSC consoles play the music and the game too quickly and not as the developers intended.
Who said that?
>>
>>3887858
No one, I made it up. Sorry.
>>
>>3885101
That's due to the fact that most games were designed for NTSC, so not objective. Though I suppose you could argue NTSC allows from better framerates, which is objectively better.
>>
>>3885078
Because this is /vr/, where opinions are objective and yours are always the right ones.
>>
>>3887858
Some kid in teh intarwebz
>>
>>3887853
>The NES was a complete failure in Europe because we were smarter than Americans and also had vastly superior gaming options available to us, so nobody bought that jap garbage.

I don't think anyone thinks that, they were two very different landscapes.
>>
Because NES is good, bruh
>>
>>3887546
>You're wrong
any examples of games that did it?
>>
> /vr/ is full blown /v/ now
>>
>>3888379
>now

Been like this since at least 2014.
>>
>>3887892
The PAL-versions of Rareware's N64 games run at smoother framerates though.
>>
>>3885874
The fuck you on about? Thats all I see when I watch e-celebrities. People spouting off dumb shit and pretending to like games
>>
>>3885279
It's hilarious to me how buttmad Europeans (Brits especially) get over Americans talking about their personal history with video games online. An American will talk about how much they loved the NES as a kid and it's like hardwired instinct for Brits to immediately jump all over them and shout as loud as possible about the ZX Spectrum and C64. It's like every British youtube video about games is at its core a mansplaining response to Americans.
>>
>>3885334
I'm from Sweden. While there are a bunch of dumbasses who necessarily want SCN-copies of every game, pretty much everyone who actually plays them use some model of the Famicom.
>>
>>3889061

That's pretty much Europeans in a nutshell. Getting mad because other countries do something different.

Who cares what was superior or inferior, it's all about the nostalgia. All these old consoles are inferior to today's consoles, and yet here we all are because of nostalgia.
>>
>>3889061
>>3889105
How can you make such ridiculous sweeping generalisations is beyond me.
>>
>>3889113
https://youtu.be/yF5aYeV_SSc

the average English retro enthusiast.
>>
>>3889295
>first 5 minutes is repeating the same points over and over
Dropped, bad writer
>>
>>3885182
I lived in a shitty northern seaside town so there were actually quite a lot of arcade cabinets in the local amusements. I had to brave entering to play the konami simpsons game though because they were just rammed with cigarette smoking scummy council estate lads looking to start something.
>>
>>3889295
He sounds like he has brain damage and I'm English
>>
>>3889295
This guy had a good point, but in order to get it across he had to make a 14min rant in the most condescending, obnoxious tone possible, while repeating the same things over and over.

I didn't know about the whole NES Euro situation but I learned from Ashens'NES Mini review, where he mentions it as a short closing remark, yet it gets the point across just fine and is much more concise and sincere.
>>
>>3884424
How do you get a controller that flat?
>>
>>3889295
>lack of easy piracy is a negative

He sure has a lot of respect for game devs
>>
>>3884535
Penis envy.
>>
>>3888358
Google c64 shmups
>>
File: ss+(2017-03-28+at+02.50.01).jpg (60KB, 487x398px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-03-28+at+02.50.01).jpg
60KB, 487x398px
>>3889295
This guy has one of the most punchable faces I've ever seen.

He also calls the Atari 2600 the "two six hundred".
>>
>>3889518
I call 2600 "two six hundred" as well (in my native language, though).
>>
>>3889518
That's what you have to do to get a reasonably popular YouTube channel if you're not just listing the go to Nintendo games ad infinitum. Debase yourself to disgusting meme status and pronounce stuff like a retard.
>>
>>3889518
>someone married this guy
>>
I wouldn't exactly call it inferior. I think both the NES and the Famicom have huge flaws. NES might edge out the original famicom a bit. I'd be happiest using the AV famicom with NES controllers
>>
>>3889814
Does the AV fami have thr jailbar issue that the NES top loader does?
>>
>>3890110
>Unlike the Top Loader, or the original Famicom which it replaced, it boasts the best composite video quality of any of the NES consoles. It completely lacks the video jailbars that are notorious on the Top Loader, quite visible on the Famicom and still can be seen in a small way even on the NES Front Loader.

It's pretty much the NES of your dreams.
>>
>>3889061
I'm a Brit who grew up in the 90s and I was a Super Nintendo kid, as were all my friends at school, I know I'm slightly too young to be a spectrum kid but then again, I was also a very middle class public school kid and not a working class shitbag like the usual complainers.

>>3889295
This guy hurts to listen to.
>>
>>3889518
whats wrong with his jaw?
>>
>>3884424
>inferior
?
the only thing that's particularly worse is the missing audio connection on the cart slot, the NES is okay
I guess the stupid VCR-style loader was an utter mistake too, but eh.

>>3886405
seven pixels of fine-scroll is all you need to implement smooth scrolling on a machine based around 8x8 tiles -- it's a bit trickier to implement in a game than it should be (the naive solution of shifting the entire tilemap every 8px is slow and you really have to do stuff like double-buffering and updating the buffer across several frames)

The C64 is not known for choppy scrolling at all, it's not the MSX or SG-1000, both of which are pretty much full of games with 8px block scrolling (Flicky on the SG-1000 has smooth scrolling, but it also runs at a fairly low framerate, the background is very simplified, and you can just see the machine struggling).
also, there's no edge-of-screen garbage like you see in NES games with multidirectional scrolling

>>3889061
still dunno how anyone could defend the speccy (even the good games on the machine are still just brutally held back by the machine, attribute clash is disgusting, games that just displayed in mono to avoid it tended to be naff)
or the fucking cpc, which was full of speccy ports, except they also ran slower

>>3885883
honestly, the SNES (and the N64) having slowdown issues is almost entirely Nintendo being cheap as fuck despite investing in high-quality graphics hardware
really, the only systems Nintendo has made that really matched the competition were the Famicom (trounced everything at the time, this was a market that Sega tried to enter with the SG-1000 -- which would have seemed fairly reasonable for '83, if not for the NES) and the GameCube (which was still gimped because lol mini-DVDs for no good reason, devs didn't bring games to the GC just because they'd have to cut things back due to storage or do a multi-disc release)
>>
>>3886421
If USA is so shit why are you posting a image from a USA cartoon, Mr Bean?
>>
>>3885035
>Why would anyone even need or want to destroy the solar system.
I don't know, maybe the same reason America created ISIS
>>
>>3885306
>why do Americans think dress shirts look good
Retarded Euro niggers
>>
>>3890498
Why did you skip the part of his post that made sense?
>>
>>3890501
He said dress shirt and cargo shorts, not a dress shirt with cargo shorts
>>
>>3890524
He obviously meant the two together given the context.
>>
>>3884758
>>RF output only
implying this is a problem just plug in into a vcr you underage faggot
>>
>>3885297
he has a gf i need proofs
>>
>>3890352
>I guess the stupid VCR-style loader was an utter mistake too, but eh.
They sorta had to do this because of the North American video game crash, but they could have just made it a horizontal top-loader basically, like the Nasa clone does it.
>>
File: kekpowerizer.jpg (72KB, 406x525px) Image search: [Google]
kekpowerizer.jpg
72KB, 406x525px
>>3890374
>Mr Bean
Keked way more than I should have.
Thread posts: 172
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.